Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is My Kubrow Dying Or Something?

SquirmyBurrito

Question

Its probably just a buff, and anyway you can put your Kubrow into stasis so it doesn't lose anything.

I do believe there's a 3 hour wait period after taking him out of stasis. Not really optimal unless you're planning to take a very long vacation.

I do believe there's a 3 hour wait period after taking him out of stasis. Not really optimal unless you're planning to take a very long vacation.

That's just the recovery from stasis (whatever that means), which you can rush. Does it do anything? No. Something tells me that DE hasn't even finished the functionality to even use the Kubrows yet. The feature is probably unfinished, but they don't want to admit it.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

That's just the recovery from stasis (whatever that means), which you can rush. Does it do anything? No. Something tells me that DE hasn't even finished the functionality to even use the Kubrows yet. The feature is probably unfinished, but they don't want to admit it.

By the way, when you are on a hangover (II don't drink alcohol), do you feel like doing something? No? Then what about the dawgs, huh?

Caring for the Kubrow isnt that tedious, you feed him once a day and pet him when you enter the ship, thats it.

Also, the reason nobody is useing them is because they cant yet, idk how people can make statements on their usability yet when we dont even have matured ones yet

Im just gonna repost my post from another thread

I have a job and life outside warframe but im just putting my Kubrow on my irl pets schedule and they get fed at the same time. Its not a constant 24/7 upkeep, you do it like any other pet. Kubrows are in essence another pet, and if you want a 0 upkeep pet then a sentinel is going to be more your style. The upkeep part has been known about for a while and 100k is nothing money wise to feed him for almost a week. thats roughly 500k a month to feed it and a bit of attention when you go in the ship.

Lets all be realistic here and not act like this is a tedious amount of upkeep, this is literally only 5-10min (thats assuming just logging in real quick to tend to him) of your day at most if you actually want to have a kubrow. You more than likely play more than that in a single sitting so it shouldnt be a problem. 

Edited by Echoa

Suggesting until this is solved you put your kubrow(s) into stasis for now.

Especially if your going to bed ; Overnight mishaps could happen...And I/you REALLY dont want to wake up to a nearly dead puppy- I mean kubrow.

Anyways ; Hopefully this "feature" stops at 50 percent as some one suggested...Or maybe its a glitch? No one knows and until the DE come forth with information no one will. Just like the whole growing period...apparently the DE's were cryptic about that and wanted people to find out on their own.

(I know...I know, 3 hours. Well it's 3 hours or a DNA stabilizer. I'd honestly prefer the timer and be cheap.)

So I'll say it again ; Put your kubrows into stasis just to be on the safe side if you know you're going to be away from the computer/game for a long period or sleeping. Bad things are bound to happen otherwise.

Edited by Mask_DeMasque

Really hope they implement this for the sentinels too if you don't charge their batteries for 100.000 credits,  they won't use their abilities (no vacuum) and their health and shield halves. 

Do you not think that is a little high maintenance?

Next thing you know we'll be having to fuel our ships and reparing them....And then eventually going to even more detail and having to repair corruption and damage on our warframes...replacing plating...etc etc.

Point is ; That is a downwards spiral. Just pretend we have magic batteries that run indefinantly. Which would explain why our ships never refuel...Unless again you wanted EVERYTHING to be hyper realistic. In which case...eugh...I can see it now ; Having to repair even weapons if they loose a certain ammount of durability.

My point? Just please...no...

Edited by Mask_DeMasque

I just want my kubrow to be like my sentinel and if they die, they can regen after the mission. I really think it's a rip off if we have to keep an eye on their health. I can only play 4 days a week. I have a life outside of warframe. 

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that this is saying its 100% health BONUS is degrading. What this means is you give it one of those DNA stabilizers and for a while it gets double the health stat.

Your kubrow isn't "dying"

Edited by Wehe

Your Kubrow doesnt "die" the health thing is a bonus to health, so say Kubrow has 100 health, with the 100% bonus he will actually have 200 health and as it degrades to 0% your Kubrows health will be at default which is 100. Doesnt mean its going to die!

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that this is saying its 100% health BONUS is degrading. What this means is you give it one of those DNA stabilizers and for a while it gets double the health stat.

Then it's just a buff?

However I expected that to be linked to loyalty along with the attack or other misc bonuses. It sort of makes sense I suppose but...still that suggests it weakens over time which is very unexpected. Sure it was hinted at in the messages we each intercepted but I thought that could simply be dismissed as inferior corpus replication of orokin tech.

I suppose its better than our kubrow turning into gelatinious goo. Thanks for clarification...Now time to go defrost Theta.

It hasn't even been 12 hours and the thing is already degrading. If they're going to have this kind of upkeep I think I might save my self the trouble by just tossing the thing out the airlock.

Ordis would be happy.

Your Kubrow doesnt "die" the health thing is a bonus to health, so say Kubrow has 100 health, with the 100% bonus he will actually have 200 health and as it degrades to 0% your Kubrows health will be at default which is 100. Doesnt mean its going to die!

If you look at the bar for the bonus, though, there's a + and a - side. We obviously don't know for sure yet, but it's not unreasonable to assume that it'll eventually degrade to -100% "bonus" health, and -100% health does not imply fun things.

My kubrow has been hatched for about 24 hours, it is only down that first tick, so honestly it doesn't degrade that quick.  Even so, its not like credits are hard to come by in this game.  Maybe they should decrease the cost of the stabilizers sure, but they also JUST RELEASED IT, people need to calm the hell down instead of freaking out.  The whole kubrow system will likely get a bunch of tweeks over the next week as DE gets feedback.

Personally I am going to let that heath thing tick down a couple more times before I use a stabilizer, since I don't know how much it will restore.  We may only need to give them one every 3+ days or something, which wouldn't be a big deal. 

I really can't believe people are being so harsh on this already, the update has been out a day, and it is clear they were having trouble just getting it working, so balancing the features probably didn't get a lot of attention.

Just relax and give DE some time.