Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Removing Infinite Wallrun... (Picture)

(PSN)kiddplay13

Two things:

1. Inb4 lock (yes, DE was locking infinite wall run threads after U14 hit on PC)

Coptering can't get you up and over the edge of a tile and into an adjacent one.

I've never, ever seen infinite wall run used for this specific purpose. That's just way too much of a hassle, it's easier to use the door/stairs/elevator/etc. Anyone who used infinite wall running to get to the ceiling was doing so because said player was bored, I've climbed to the ceiling of maps soley out of boredom myself. What I've never done with that bug was use it to get out of the map, save for one, and I repeat, EXACTLY ONE instance, where a void defense bugged out and I was attempting to kill an enemy that appeared to be outside of the map. Still ended up wasting revives.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Two things:

1. Inb4 lock (yes, DE was locking infinite wall run threads after U14 hit on PC)

I've never, ever seen infinite wall run used for this specific purpose. That's just way too much of a hassle, it's easier to use the door/stairs/elevator/etc. Anyone who used infinite wall running to get to the ceiling was doing so because said player was bored, I've climbed to the ceiling of maps soley out of boredom myself. What I've never done with that bug was use it to get out of the map, save for one, and I repeat, EXACTLY ONE instance, where a void defense bugged out and I was attempting to kill an enemy that appeared to be outside of the map. Still ended up wasting revives.

Inb4 lock? Lol this thread's been up for almost a month, only thing that happened was a Mod buried it.

Because it can lead to breaking your game, and it trivializes too many things.

Trivialized what?

No parkour areas that were trivialized by it were of high value. And the only difference between the infinite wallrun and the noninfinite wallrun were swinging the camera in 360 degrees. We haven't been given grand and exciting challenge in vertical wallrun spots by removing it. Usually even, there are elevators or stairs for people who don't want to use the vertical wallrun spots in regular map traversal and are faster than flipping back and forth. 

Any one can take a Zephyr, Nova, or Valkyr and achieve the same effect and reach these spots.

Those three also mean any holes in ceilings still need fixing. 

Trivialized what?

No parkour areas that were trivialized by it were of high value. And the only difference between the infinite wallrun and the noninfinite wallrun were swinging the camera in 360 degrees. We haven't been given grand and exciting challenge in vertical wallrun spots by removing it. Usually even, there are elevators or stairs for people who don't want to use the vertical wallrun spots in regular map traversal and are faster than flipping back and forth. 

Any one can take a Zephyr, Nova, or Valkyr and achieve the same effect and reach these spots.

Trivialized parkour by allowing you to just infinite wall run.  Trivialized that abilities you just mentioned. Why use those abilities and use up energy when you could just infinite wall run up instead.  It trivialized a lot of areas by letting you skip most of them with no effort.

Two things:

Wallrun threads are being locked?

And anyways, that means nothing. I only say one trinity chain-casting blessing for total invincibility pre-nerf, doesn't mean it wasn't a problem. Infinite wallrun made parkour challenges nowhere near challenging, it allowed people to break maps easily, and was generally an obvious exploit. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't a problem.

Beyond that, it brought nothing to the game. There's nowhere you actually need infinite wallrun to get to, except outside of maps.

Wallrun threads are being locked?

And anyways, that means nothing. I only say one trinity chain-casting blessing for total invincibility pre-nerf, doesn't mean it wasn't a problem. Infinite wallrun made parkour challenges nowhere near challenging, it allowed people to break maps easily, and was generally an obvious exploit. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't a problem.

Beyond that, it brought nothing to the game. There's nowhere you actually need infinite wallrun to get to, except outside of maps.

All that you said can also apply to Coptering

All that you said can also apply to Coptering

Not really. You can't copter up and over the edge of the map, or use it in any way to break anything. It needs a special animation or something to make it look less strange, but it can be considered a feature now, much like skiing in Tribes. 

The main difference between coptering and infinite wallrun is that infinite wallrun trivialized content. Parkour challenges are supposed to be challenging, and infinite wallrun made them all painfully easy. Coptering is limited by tile size, and there are very few(only one that I can think of) situations in which you can use it to do something you couldn't otherwise do.

You know what is bs ? complaining about something you don't have to use.

Don't like it ? don't use it ! It's so simple I don't know why people complain when you can already have what you want.

Are you purposely ignoring balance or are you one of those players that thinks thats not important?

If you are im going to let you know your opinion doesnt mean a thing to me or the majority of forumers and even less to the devs

Just a little PSA there

Not really. You can't copter up and over the edge of the map, or use it in any way to break anything. It needs a special animation or something to make it look less strange, but it can be considered a feature now, much like skiing in Tribes. 

The main difference between coptering and infinite wallrun is that infinite wallrun trivialized content. Parkour challenges are supposed to be challenging, and infinite wallrun made them all painfully easy. Coptering is limited by tile size, and there are very few(only one that I can think of) situations in which you can use it to do something you couldn't otherwise do.

On any Open Map you can go too fast and go over the edge which has the same effect as bugging out with Wallrun

On any Open Map you can go too fast and go over the edge which has the same effect as bugging out with Wallrun

Not really. You'll be hazard teleported back onto the map. On most Ceres tiles you could climb up and out, and on some of the covered ones you could even walk around on top. Coptering wouldn't get you anywhere near there.

Not really. You'll be hazard teleported back onto the map. On most Ceres tiles you could climb up and out, and on some of the covered ones you could even walk around on top. Coptering wouldn't get you anywhere near there.

Corpus Outpost Tileset on on Europa (The one with the Liset diving down), if you copter with Dual Zorens with Fury, Quickening, and all Berserker buffs you go past the teleport walls and glitch out.

Corpus Outpost Tileset on on Europa (The one with the Liset diving down), if you copter with Dual Zorens with Fury, Quickening, and all Berserker buffs you go past the teleport walls and glitch out.

That's a very specific and rather difficult feat. Infinite wallrun allowed anyone, with any weapon or mod configuration, to easily break a map.