Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Removing Infinite Wallrun... (Picture)

(PSN)kiddplay13

• 3 weeks later...

One issue I have with no infinite wall run is there is 1 spot most people don't know about that is unreachable by almost every in-game means. it's in the towers and derelict. The room that's got the 3 generators that surge electricity and has that elevator with a glass wall on it. There's a room at the top of the map that is accesible through an open grate this open grate is at the tip top of the room. This room is for extra stuff like creds and resources so it's no major room but if your a %!& like me I hate leaving resources I know I could have got.

Seriously? It's not hard by any means unless you're using a frame like Frost (with whom infinite Super Mario walljumps are fairly difficult, but still possible).

Just climb up the glass tower tube things using infinite walljumps and proceed like usual. I've done this numerous times with various Frames before I realized that infinite wallclimbing was even a thing.

Pretty much this. 

Infinite wall-run was an exploit and not an intended function by the devs, and in this case they had the balls to stick to their guns and actually remove it. 

I hope it's not coming back. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Just my two cents, but being a controller user on the PC I've found way more map holes coptering than wall running period.

And even if you can start a wall run facing the camera you can't chain it? That's.. odd, to say the least. Explains why I couldn't chain them though.

Trivialized parkour by allowing you to just infinite wall run.  Trivialized that abilities you just mentioned. Why use those abilities and use up energy when you could just infinite wall run up instead.  It trivialized a lot of areas by letting you skip most of them with no effort.

None of the ones with large vertical wallrun requirements are of high value, or can even be infinitely wallrun through. I asked for what areas it actually trivializes, not to be told I'm wrong. 

The abilities are easier and quicker than wallrunning. They all cover 3-Dimensions, so they can do things that the infinite wallrun can't. 

And no areas could be skipped with infinite wallrun, It did not magically transport you through a tile, you would have to run from one end to the wall you wanted to run up, run up the wall, and then run to the next exit. In the same time, another player could have taken the correct route and made it there as fast as you did, if not faster, with less chance of being shot because he wasn't a slowly climbing duck who couldn't fight back.

Edited by LukeAura

It's a bad treasure room with no boxmods anyway, but there is a way to get there by wall flipping between one of the columns and the wall on the opposite side of the room.  However, it's a huge pain to do and doesn't always succeed.  Not ever worth going up there if you don't have an ability to cheese it.  

BTW, wallrun resets were actually an elegant, free-form way to navigate terrain that did not detract from any aspect of the game.  There were already wall tiles that could not be wallrun upon anyway so DE could use those to force use to "do it their way" if they really wanted to in the relevant areas.

Edited by RealPandemonium

It's a bad treasure room with no boxmods anyway, but there is a way to get there by wall flipping between one of the columns and the wall on the opposite side of the room.  However, it's a huge pain to do and doesn't always succeed.  Not ever worth going up there if you don't have an ability to cheese it.  

BTW, wallrun resets were actually an elegant, free-form way to navigate terrain that did not detract from any aspect of the game..  There were already wall tiles that could not be wallrun upon anyway so DE could use those to force use to "do it their way" if they really wanted to in the relevant areas.

They detracted from the game.

DE: If this is all fixed, that's fine. Can you please make the rewards in the treasure room actually worthwhile then if you're going to do this, though? The rewards are usually garbage (credits, health, energy) for getting up there. Not worth the effort to do this the hard way.

This.  I usually just ignore the treasure rooms because there is no real pay off.  You are currently better off just rushing the objective so you have more time to just do another run entirely.