Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The bane of your existence : Farming.

TenderSugar

Yo.

I took a quick look on the forum and haven't seen anythings about the farming in this game, so I thought I should make one.

I'll start simply;

Farming in a game like this is an acceptable and understandable system, but the one we currently have is waaayyy too heavy.

For most player it take THREE days to gather the blueprints for a warframe, then an another THREE days to gather the materials required, and finally 4 days (assuming you haven't crafted the part before the warframe itself) of crafting!

This is way too much, and considering you only have two warframe slots if you don't shell out, I think it would easily draw the playerbase away from the game.

Please share your opinions.

To be honest I don't know what to say personally I believe that as long as DE works to make farming fun and worth it that waiting that long really isn't a problem. I mean while your doing your farming for the warframe your also getting new mods to make your Warframe/Weapons better.

Honestly the farming isn't bad at all in this game. I spent roughly 5 hours total, farming the blueprints for the rhino and the materials to make it. The longest part is waiting on the actual crafting.. in terms of farming this game is much faster than most imo.

Honestly the farming isn't bad at all in this game. I spent roughly 5 hours total, farming the blueprints for the rhino and the materials to make it. The longest part is waiting on the actual crafting.. in terms of farming this game is much faster than most imo.

The biggest problem is that for now the game allow for you to have THE SAME blueprint over and over again on the same boss.

A lots of people, when farming bosses, drop (let's say for the example) MAG helmet blueprint several time in a row, making it extremely frustrating.

i sell mods all the time so money isnt a problem and i wish they dont change that system. And you can also manage to get needed parts in a day if you know where to look.

Dude what the hell, it's not about mods, it's about crafting blueprint.

I don't really has as much of a problem with the farming/grinding in this game so much as the fact that the whole game is farming and grinding. It's only early beta (or so I'm told) so there's not much here, but it's made a conflicting first impression on me. I love the core gameplay, and that's what keeps me playing. I like diving around shooting and slicing people up. I'd just like a more compelling reason to do it. Right now I am playing to get the materials to get the Rhino. Then I am going to play as my Rhino and level it up a bit. The I ... am probably done until there is new content.

I trust DE to make this into something special and I'll be back for the full game. I'll probably even buy that Rhino Pack ... when there is a half off sale or something, since it has most of the types of weapons I use in it anyways.

Right now, however, it's just grind to unlock gear that you can use to grind. That last part is all that needs to be changed, and that can be done by playing with the difficulty (I only now hit challenging levels on Neptune) so it ramps up earlier and maintains a good level of letting us run around like idiots shoot/slicing things up and punishing us for running around like idiots shoot/slicing things up poorly. Also making each level more interesting would help a lot. The Payday: The Heist system of a few lengthy levels with a lot of objectives wouldn't work exactly in this situation but I think that Warframe could pick something up from that setup. Right now objectives are just in place to get us to kill enemies in the rooms between the start, our objective, too often that stupid key, and then the escape pods.

Tendersugar, I agree that getting the drop you already got repeatedly is frustrating. But in the other hand at least it is not that rare to see those drops. I personally crafted a few frames already and I had farmed approximately 3-5 hours for 3 blueprints. Farming when done with friends with good strategy and efficiency can be quite fast and fun. We just think of it as trying to do this as fast as possible and try to do our best. After 15-20 runs we already got all the parts. Maybe we are quite lucky I don't really know.

As long as farming is fun, I don't see the problem.

However, getting the same blueprint a few times in a row is a bit frustrating but it's not a big deal. I think each frame part should be dropped from different boss (More bosses, yeah) thus allow players to easily persue a specific part of each frame and drop the drop rate to 1/10 to 1/5 to compensate. Add a few mini bosses per system that drop part of blueprint.

Example: Venus system - We have big bad Jackal, who drop Rhini chasis, sitting at Fossa, gleefully analyse you as a pathetic threat. On the way to deal with him you have to pass a few mini boss like unique shockwave/railgun moa which drop Rhino system and helmet.

Most people I've talked to who play a lot of other F2Ps or MMOs think the farming in this game is pretty light. I agree, but I'm new to this style of game. Hell I've played retail single player games with more grind. And as others have said; if the gameplay is fun then grinding is way mre tolerable.

For most player it take THREE days to gather the blueprints for a warframe, then an another THREE days to gather the materials required, and finally 4 days (assuming you haven't crafted the part before the warframe itself) of crafting!

This is way too much, and considering you only have two warframe slots if you don't shell out, I think it would easily draw the playerbase away from the game.

Please share your opinions.

So you're telling me anyone is able to get a new Warframe within a 2 weeks of play?

Sounds great to me!

In all seriousness, this is an extremely generous system: chances are that when you're farming for Warframe prints you've already explored a bit, gathered some materials and know where to find what components. Significantly reducing the time needed before you can start crafting.

As for the crafting time itself; they have to make money somehow and I would prefer them to sell: time reductions, cosmetic items, boosters rather than power. Afterall this is a completely free game.

Same for the Warframe slots, I could understand that this would be an issue if someone partook in the Founders Program and got no platinum whatsoever but they do and it can buy quite a few things if they don't go crazy and buy Frames and weapons from the start which are easily attained within a week or 2 of playing.

As for free players

Can't please everyone, but that is just my view on it.

The biggest problem is that for now the game allow for you to have THE SAME blueprint over and over again on the same boss.

A lots of people, when farming bosses, drop (let's say for the example) MAG helmet blueprint several time in a row, making it extremely frustrating.

It might be frustrating but at least it is still dropping something of use, especially if you're in a group and someone joins that doesn't have said print yet. And a run like that can't take more than 7-15 minutes, unless it is a group of 4 going against Van Dek at the moment.

Most people I've talked to who play a lot of other F2Ps or MMOs think the farming in this game is pretty light.

It really is, this game so far has the fastest pay off when it comes to farming.

A game like Diablo 2 it could take years to finally get a specific item you were after, here you could get all 3 within an hour and materials in another hour or 2 and then instantly start crafting.

Farming is killing my missions quit stat. Solo my way to the boss, ruthlessly murder said boss, quit, repeat.

They should add mission complete bonuses akin to the Monster Hunter games, say you kill a boss, you grab it's item and resource drop then and there, but if you complete the level and you'd get 3 more boss item and resource drops, 5 more if you did a random sub-quest during the level.

Faster material and template turn over, and incentive to actually complete the level instead of quitting after the boss is dead.

Of course if your going to steal that idea, also steal the giant monsters and fabulous bosses too, the game could use some of them.

Edited by CheeseThief

To be honest I don't know what to say personally I believe that as long as DE works to make farming fun and worth it that waiting that long really isn't a problem. I mean while your doing your farming for the warframe your also getting new mods to make your Warframe/Weapons better.

Nope.

i farmed all the parts for my ember chasis in like ~2 days and never once got a mod over rank 12, only one imput component can even be farmed in level 30+ zones, rubedo, and that has S#&$ drop rate in pluto anyway, soooooo nope.

i didnt get a single useful mod in all this time :c

I don't realy think about farming in this game, as i realy enjoy the core gameplay. Farming only ever becomes a problem for me, when the core gameplay is lacking, which happens to me in a lot of traditional mmos but has not been a problem in warframe yet. I just enjoy cleaning ship after ship, getting the nice stuff is just a 'bonus' on top of that experience.

I might be a problem once i've grown tired of murdering hundereds of helpless greenier marines, or go hunting for corpus cameras. But than i'll just take a break from the game in general, as there is no league or competive endgame or anything forcing me to keep up with the rest of the playerbase and i'll just return once new content hits or i'm back in the mood for some space-ninja action.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think the drop rate of items is a little too rapid.

I have 18.25 hours clocked, and I have all 3 rhino parts currently being made in the foundry, as well as a dark dagger (which apparently sucks but oh well) and a HEK, And I bought both avatar packs with credits just because I had so many hundreds of thousands burning a hole in my pocket.

I feel like in a week I will have literally nothing left to unlock.

37 hours:

Ember done in 3 days; Ash 100 Rubedo left to build helmet, then done; Trinity half way; Hek just lacking a few Alloy. I really don´t know what to aquire next. I mean, i have everything i want in like 4 days, that´s about 50 hours playtime by then i guess.

They really should add something to "gain" or i will lose interest in this game very fast. There literally is nothing to head for after these frames are done and i doubt it will get them much money if you are "done" with the game in like 2 weeks (or make that a month if you have no vacation like i do now).

Without any customising stuff to stand out from other players, i assume many people will lose interest fast.

Guess this will be subject to many tweaking.

Edited by AmmokK

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think the drop rate of items is a little too rapid.

I have 18.25 hours clocked, and I have all 3 rhino parts currently being made in the foundry, as well as a dark dagger (which apparently sucks but oh well) and a HEK, And I bought both avatar packs with credits just because I had so many hundreds of thousands burning a hole in my pocket.

I feel like in a week I will have literally nothing left to unlock.

depends on whether you have a life or not. if someone has maybe 2-3 hours only a day i can see why they find the drop rates a little severe

depends on whether you have a life or not. if someone has maybe 2-3 hours only a day i can see why they find the drop rates a little severe

These are the people they count on to spend money. I'll admit that doesn't (and shouldn't) help with mods,though.