Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option For Old Ui

gahjr

Please. Title says it all. The new UI is over complicated just to look pretty. Would like an option for the old UI please. I just invested 40$ into this game not even week ago and I'm stuck on my ship on a broken quest and disliking everything about the game regretting every minute of it. I don't even get how any praise can be given for the convoluted mess that has been created where it take 6 clicks to do anything. Fancy over functionality, no thanks.

Did you skip the prologue? If so, of course its gonna be messy. Once you learn where everything is, you can just Esc and go there instantly. In fact, the Esc screen even shows which tabs have which function under them in case you hate searching the ship. You should have no trouble figuring out where everything in a ship the size of an apartment is.

Though the broken quest I can understand, that mission sucks.

Did you skip the prologue? If so, of course its gonna be messy. Once you learn where everything is, you can just Esc and go there instantly. In fact, the Esc screen even shows which tabs have which function under them in case you hate searching the ship. You should have no trouble figuring out where everything in a ship the size of an apartment is.

Before the update we didn't had to click EXC - everything was accsessable with ONE click, ONE goddamit. This console style UI in PC version is a shame/

I didn't skip the prologue, I understand where everything is, it's just a less convenient system than the old one where everything was in neatly arranged tabs without the wonky screen movement that you could access all from the one screen. Now it's open the ESC menus then find the category then select the sub-category and then you're there. One step got turned into three for no reason and the usability of the menus in themselves is worse than it used to be. I appreciate the visual update but the UI needs to at least have the convenience and function put back in there.

This has nothing to do with the proglogue. The new UI is inferior in nearly every aspect to the old one (except the optic).

This shows your [ESC] example. The "main" operating would be the navigating through the ship and that takes much longer than the old one and the main argument for the installment of the new UI was faster und more simple access to everything, especially after many negative responses by new player. Do you see the problem? They wanted to make everything faster and easier but ... we got this mess of an UI.

The [ESC] was the optional navigating process, if you dont like the manuel one on ship, you have to use this one. But this is WAY more complicated than the old one and also takes longer than the old one. So how did the situation for new users improve? i cannot see any improvement. everything takes longer, is about guessing, searching and combined with a chaking/moving UI.

To sum it up: Even from a objectiv view they did nearly everything wrong in getting a more user friendly UI (except the optic). Nearly every process takes longer, is more irritating und less intuitiv. Sorry, that's a fact.

r7bt4cml.jpg

This was the old UI - fast access to EVERYTHING in the game.

Alerts? one click

News? one click (now manual going through the ship to the installment required)

Status Change? 2 Clicks

Arsenal? one click

and so on. sorry but i dont see even ONE good reason for the new UI. hey it looks cool and it brings immersion. but after a few days nobody will move through the ship and whisper: "whooow how immersive ... i am feeling like a real pilot". in a few weeks it will be as before- the only important thing is simplicity, user friendliness and quick access to every necessary option (who else changes a frame and weapon for nearly every mission? have u tried it with UI14? no fun. no fun at all. a game killer.).

Edited by Atvir

Just the fact if I scroll too far left or right on the mods menu I can't read all the names of the mods on screen completely breaks the easy functionality of the mod menu. It's an incredible UI fail, and it horrific to use with a mouse and keyboard. I'm probably going to quit playing until this at least is fixed.

New ui sucks.

no more 1 click options, as far as I see it doesn't listen your node progression per map any more. before it use to say 10/18 so on so 4th,

esc foundry formula, no longer lists how many I have made , unless I missed that 2.

lets not forget your great auto zoom function when you play a mission . Great it zoom in I can see my toons head.

o.o the mod window for weapons unless they patched this all rdy if you don't use the Nobel stance your toon stands in the way of your window. so you cant relay see the pull down menu sort buy options.