Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before You Buy A Warframe With Platinum Please Read This.

Seriousname

Question

Hi all its me seriousname,

i would like to talk about buying warframes with real money, i will admit i bought ash using Platinum BUT i would like to state that i have not enjoyed this due to the effort i put into aqquiring that warframe.

Heres the big thing though my RHINO warframe is in the kitchen cooking and will be done in 10 minutes #Excited, i put so much time into the creation of the RHINO and i have enjoyed every step of the way. This includes researching the warframe to find "THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU" now this is very important seen as it is your time you are spending you are assured to make the best choice. now i must say that the past week has been the most enjoyable time of my warframe career, you might say "It's just a grind, ughhhhhh" well with a grind you can either get two things (levels or equipment) with warframe the grind is enjoyabe and at the end of it you have aqquired a whole different gameplay and new levels :).

TL:DR

Buying warframes with real money takes the fun out of leveling that character, putting the effort in goes a long way and you will see yourself enjoying that frame so much more

GOOD LUCK TENNO.

20 answers to this question

Are you "serious"? :D

I agree with the point you make, that about buying a warframe with platinum "destroys" the joy of the warframe itself. ATM i'm on my way to Titania in Uranos to start farming for Ash, and i've enjoyed all the way. Even yesterday i went to Fossa in Venu to help my partner to start farming Jackel for Rhino BP.

Grind useless? Boring?

Nonsense! The best part of this game, is that the grinding, is not just grinding, it's leveling multiple things. Warframe, Primary Weapon, Secondary Weapon and Melee. Unless you have all Rank 30, you still have lots to do. Mod farming, Crafting material farming and let's not forget, Blueprints.

The game was made with extreme notion of how to use your time.

And then again, do not buy warframes themselves with platinum, rather rush the final product, why you may ask.

Well let's take Ember, it costs like 225 to get the warframe with platinum, i got the parts, the materials, made the 3 parts. Then i proceeded to make the warframe, i rushed it, and it only cost 50 platinum compared to the 225.

I may be impatient, but i also only did it with my first 2 warframes, so i had something to work with.

But yea i wouldn't buy a warframe or a weapon straight with platinum, for 2 reasons, i could rush instead and it would cost less, and i would have less to do.

I work full time and I have a lot of money, but not that much time. Credits are the single most important factor in Warframe. You use it to buy weapons, to level your mods, there is so much to do that I could never really be useful at anything.

So for me it is the other way around. I buy all warframes with plat and farm for my weapons. Because sooner or later, I want to posess all of them. And even while buying warframes for plat, I still miss soooo many credits. Nearly all my modifications are at most in lvl 3, max 5. I have been never much of a "farm" guy, I just love doing challenges.

If I could play more than 6 hours/week, I would prolly have the same mindset as you have.

Edit: What Dunkelheit said.

Obligatory "why so serious" comment.

Back on topic: the plat purchase is there for people with busy lives who just can't be bothered with clearing all the way to a boss mission, much less farming said boss for upwards to 20+ runs just to get the 3 sub-blueprints, and THEN farm the necessary materials, ON TOP of waiting three days for the master warframe blueprint to craft.

They just spend 200-300 plat, which is about 15-20 dollars (?), and get to play the frame right away, with no wait time, and it comes supercharged.

It's not a good deal for someone with more time on their hands, but for people who can maybe play 5 hours a week, it's a great deal, and they can have their share of fun leveling the frames, without having to worry about the grind.

It just works for some people.

Edited by Gestalt

well after 50 hours of farming a System blueprints (Not exaggerating) spending 10 Hours a day and Not getting it

I say this is actually based on opinion because I'd rather pay 15$ than spend 50 hours farming the same map over and over and over.. I shoulda been spending that 50 hours leveling my new warframe and new weapon set for it

regarding grimjr

i do agree that they should increase the drop chance

thanks for all the feedback guys :D

Also i would like to point out that i do aim this message to people with time on their hands, i dont want to become all despotic about it "ALL WILL GRIND WARFRAMES, ALL HAIL SERIOUS NAME" i do enjoy the grind btw :3

Edited by Seriousname

I've farmed Mag, because it was a pretty easy one to farm at low level. However it didn't really fit my play style.

I didn't like the starter frames that much either. Thus I decided to buy Saryn when it came out.

Also, I've been playing this almost every day since my friend gave me a beta key - and really enjoyed it, in my opinion that deserves a little something for the developers so I bought a founders pack (which I used to buy Saryn).

Later also bought a little extra platinum just to keep up the support, spent this on Nyx since I was at no way able to farm this by myself.

So yes, it's worth it and it still makes the game fun =) I do not have any problem with farming any warframe that I want either.

The platinum system is well made here. Makes the bought worth the price, for those who need it. Those who don't find it expensive, but like many have said, it all depends on how much $$ you have in your wallet and how much time you have to spend on the game.

Hi all its me seriousname,

i would like to talk about buying warframes with real money, i will admit i bought ash using Platinum BUT i would like to state that i have not enjoyed this due to the effort i put into aqquiring that warframe.

Heres the big thing though my RHINO warframe is in the kitchen cooking and will be done in 10 minutes #Excited, i put so much time into the creation of the RHINO and i have enjoyed every step of the way. This includes researching the warframe to find "THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU" now this is very important seen as it is your time you are spending you are assured to make the best choice. now i must say that the past week has been the most enjoyable time of my warframe career, you might say "It's just a grind, ughhhhhh" well with a grind you can either get two things (levels or equipment) with warframe the grind is enjoyabe and at the end of it you have aqquired a whole different gameplay and new levels :).

TL:DR

Buying warframes with real money takes the fun out of leveling that character, putting the effort in goes a long way and you will see yourself enjoying that frame so much more

GOOD LUCK TENNO.

Your post, and the varying opinions in this thread reflect player preference. What you find fun and rewarding does not equal fun/rewarding for every other player out there. Some people like to spend time to achieve their goals, others like to spend money. The marketplace and drops system are set up to satisfy both kinds of players.

Also, the people who find reasons to spend platinum and cash are the ones contributing to the game and support the developers' efforts.

I guess my comment about most frames being too expensive isn't quite right. It just depends on the person playing. Value is relative. Personally I haven't found any frame that interested me enough to really really want it. Not enough to pay plat for it anyway.

Despite buying all warframes that I would like touse I still think what the OP said is very valid. If you work for something, the satisfaction of finally getting it is much higher and the appreciation to play this warframe might be worth it. I just don't have the time.

dayum, alot of varying feedback coming out now. i would like to state that i have nothing agaisnt people who buy warframes to have fun (its tottally fine imo) and yes i bought a founders package to support the growth of the game because i absolutley love it ^^

Hope i havn't offended anyone.

Doesn't buying a frame with platinum give you the slot (20p) and an orokin reactor/potato (another 20p) for free? That makes the 75p frames probably more worth buying with plat than farming.

I have...never thought of it that way. I have no idea why I didn't realise that. I guess I'm buying a Loki now, and selling the blueprints. You're totally right, I would have needed a slot and reactor anyway.

in this thread people talk about bypassing the "grind", are we playing the same game? this is a kill>loot>Gear up>repeat game lol

but i understand somewhat when people see a warframe they really want and get it, it makes the game infinitely better, but at the end of the day this is very much a grind game ladies and gents.

if we are talking money value, warframes are a waste of plat straight up, no one other than people who have very limited free time should be buying them but heck the people dropping 20-30 bucks on warframes are just supporting the game so eh keep on spending peeps =)

rhino is 300 plat roughly with that much you could get 5 warframe slots, 12 weapon slots(buying 1 weapon slots give you 2 for 12 plat),5 orokin's so yeah its abit much for a warframe imo.

Edited by Jeffrywinkles

in this thread people talk about bypassing the "grind", are we playing the same game? this is a kill>loot>Gear up>repeat game lol

but i understand somewhat when people see a warframe they really want and get it, it makes the game infinitely better, but at the end of the day this is very much a grind game ladies and gents.

I think you misunderstood the posts here =P Noone has said anything about not wanting to grind, just different pro's and con's and preferences =)

I think you misunderstood the posts here =P Noone has said anything about not wanting to grind, just different pro's and con's and preferences =)

yeah i edited my post forgot to even talk about the topic, but no the first few comments stated they want to buy warframes to skip the "grind"?

the whole game is based on grind lol warframe of choice or not you are playing for the fun of the grind, diablo/path of exile/torch light/borderland

loot based grind games that is what warframe is atm and i don't think that will change, they will of course work on a story/campaign and make more interesting bosses and(prepares energy shield with 500% increase)pvp way down the road if any, but its still a loot grind game and i love it

Edited by Jeffrywinkles