The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Carrier Sentinels Killed Too Quickly By Kubrows And Volatile Runners

Aryandis

Ever since the u 14, the Volatile runner starts dealing damage again. However, the explosion radius against Sentinels are insanely long.

eBsw6FM.jpg

The number is the spot of the infected I could get the longest range of killing from that would still deal damage to my sentinel

The shield of the sentinel being depleted from that kill could be seen.

The player was unharmed.

The range was insane (like 10-15 m)

Edited by Zeitzbach

I believe the range on kubrow charges might be bugged too. My sentinel is practically guaranteed dead on E Prime.

I always thought that they purposefully jumped up to kill my sentinel and never though of this.

Likely this  case then because my sentinel had nothing to create aggro with.

This often leads to sentinels being destroyed extremely quickly around feral kubrows.  Feral kubrows seem to have an excessive propensity to attack sentinels and when they do, you hear the "smack" of a kubrow attack many times in a short period, which also causes the screen to shake.

Repro:

1) Equip Carrier (probably happens with any sentinel)

2) Stand by a kubrow den

3) Ensure they try to attack the sentinel, not you

Yup it sucks when you aren't paying attention and your sentinel gets destroyed.

The only way I've been able to get around this is by killing them before they have a chance or jump on a rock or the kubrow den and you'll be fine. No sarcasm although it seems like it.

With me it happens with carrier, but not does not happen with wyrm prime. I have also noticed that that the kubrow does not need to attack for the sentinel to die, just being close to a kubrow can make the carrier instantly explode regardless of shield/health/armor levels.

hey there,

the thing is the next, the centinel are dying to fast, i notice that when i recieve damage the centinels too, but they are to weak and they die to fast, first i think that this problem only happens to me but i ask to a couple of friend and they have the same problem..... now the centinels are sh*t.... please fix the centinels

I think this has to do with range, I tested this with exploding infested, basically if your 10 feet away you don't take damage but sentenil does, 20 feet away I'm fine but my sentinel still gets hit as if he was right next to him, its the sentinel hit box being to big or some problem with range but I know its not correct, I mainly think its a hit box problem cause like other post said my sentinel also gets 1 hit by feral kubrows even when its just 1 and it hits me, my sentinel with 300 shiels n 400 hp dead.

its not only sentinels that keep dying more or less instantly.. im having problems with energy and health where it might be say at the end of odd wave 1, if my sentinel has not died already no mobs around yet screen goes funny or sometimes not and energy just spazes out too either 0 or starts ticking down with nothing hitting me or near me 5 minz later after collecting 30 odd orbs it might start regen from 1 or it will stay 0 till end of session, same deal with health and the poison, not even a debuff but ticks all the way till death ...no mobs around no poison visual effect can happen on wave 1 of odd and im sure those poison osprey thingys guys dont appear till at least wave 5, i feel as if we have invisible death boxes floating round with debuffs. also my kubrow has been a pup since 8 hours into the patch when i got the 2nd egg and loses health im not paying another 600ks just to keep the S#&$ alive ... why is it still a pup? .. ive also had one egg vanish from my inventory after host migration after loot screen. maybe its broken it? the quest went completely  mental regarding finding the egg saying> i found the egg and then something else random then saying i dont have an egg then saying about his nose or some crap  ;S.    pass...

ive QQ'ed today

I actually made a new thread since I didn't see this one at first, but I have discovered that most explosions and notably the runners that when they are killed with an explosive weapon, the resulting explosion and chain reaction of other runners tends to damage the sentinel at great distance even though your warframe takes no damage at all. And if I am just outside the damage radius where I still take no damage, my sentinel actually just dies instantly and the regen doesn't kick in. Just as it never kicks in when one-shot by kubrow.

nd6jWvA.jpg

And another thing I noticed now that my carrier actually dies a lot, the 30% chance for rare drop on death mod, has never worked. Not once in the 200 deaths in the past three days.

That mod is a percent modifier, not a percent chance. It increases the chance for a drop by whatever the listed amount is, up from whatever the base chance for the sentinel to drop something is.

Edit: I realize that was completely off topic. Back on topic, I have noticed sentinels dying a lot more than they should however, I haven't had nearly as many problems with my pet kubrow. This is probably towards the top of their large list of bugs that need fixing, so it shouldn't be too much longer before it functions correctly again.

Edited by eksaus42

That mod is a percent modifier, not a percent chance. It increases the chance for a drop by whatever the listed amount is, up from whatever the base chance for the sentinel to drop something is.

Edit: I realize that was completely off topic. Back on topic, I have noticed sentinels dying a lot more than they should however, I haven't had nearly as many problems with my pet kubrow. This is probably towards the top of their large list of bugs that need fixing, so it shouldn't be too much longer before it functions correctly again.

Spare Parts gives the Sentinel a chance to drop rare items on death.---- http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spare_Parts 

As of update 10 - 

• A Sentinel will not drop a resource if it dies through Self-Destruct.
  • and 
  • A Sentinel will not drop a resource if queued for a Regen.

So since this update, with the un-natural deaths that seem to be occurring with the sentinals and regen not working, perhaps Spare parts isn't working either as maybe its being recognized as a self-destruct?  In any case, not sure where or how you got your information, but it states on the warframe wiki that it is a percent chance. Seeing that it doesn't drop anything of any kind, much less a rare item, and it doesn't come back to life once as per regen, something is clearly broken with the sentinel mechanics that is highly likely to be linked to the damage and death glitches that many players are experiencing.