The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Carrier Sentinels Killed Too Quickly By Kubrows And Volatile Runners

Aryandis

Adding my name to the list on this, my sentinel currently seems to be made of glass; lvl 30 carrier with decently high health and shield mods and I can't even take it through a Mercury extermination mission without it experiencing sudden death. 

I do hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon, the utility my carrier provides is sorely missed.

There is virtually no point in having a Sentinel at the moment. Last night I went into a solo ODD to text out the effect of Ogris against the cryopod, only to inexplicably have my Sentinel die within the first wave. I don't know what killed it, I wasn't aware of placing it or myself in harms way, yet the parrot was dead! Please fix this, I like to use my Carrier to hoover up all the drops, but it is useless in the current conditions.

Bump..

Seriously 7 patches in and nothing has been done for the Carrier, the most popular sentinel in the game. Not even worth equipping in Squad mission any more. His signature radius is so large that even being 15 metres away from exploding enemies causes damage while my warframe receives none.

Running Sechura on Pluto, forget it. If Novas MP blasts aren't causing damage, then pentas, ogris are as well, and I suspect Mirages disco ball might be too. If my warframe isn't taking any damage from blast, why is my poor carrier.

I'm sure someone's already posted about it, but I don't see any posts regarding it on this current page so I'll bump the problem up a bit;

The Feral Kubrow charge ability seems to be doing an insane amount of damage. Not only does it knock you down, but it can drain my Frost of all 1110 shields in one single charge. It can also instantly kill my Kubrow pet and sentinel, and instantly kill my Rank 30 Loki if I happen to be unlucky enough to pass by one performing this attack.

Surely such an ability so devastating should not be present on such a lower-level area as Earth? I can imagine it would be frustrating for newer players to reach Earth, only to have missions ruined by this attack.

Yeah, I hope they fix this.  And if they do want to make a form of wildlife that does it, let them make it a small bear instead.  That stands there with a heart on its chest and yells "CARE" as a beam of pink blows your sentinel from the sky.

Do u notice how long the charge up time is? its likes 3-5seconds long and they only go in a straight line, so all you have to do is dodge roll/shoot it while its charging. Also, its not always a 1 shot kill.

Edited by TDooG

its likes 3-5seconds long

No, the charge up time is not even 2 seconds. You see it crouch down preparing to lunge, and after you notice it, they would already start lunging. Whether it's not always a 1 shot kill or not, that attack is BUGGY.

The thing that often happens is that when they charge, I'd hear multiple "thumps" in a split second, sometimes even when they aren't near me. When that happens, my sentinel would take all those hits and suddenly explode, even if the Kubrow wasn't even near me.

If they are hitting me, I would take multihit only if I'm not knocked down right away. Since sentinels cannot be knocked down, they just die. As Yorinar said, it's an AoE, and an insane one at that too, but most importantly, one that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Additionally, I feel that people sometimes die quickly from it is because they get hit by all the multi-hits it does, which doesn't even have a proper hitbox to begin with.

So no, those lunges/charges are not right as of now. Giving "workarounds" doesn't solve the main issue at hand.

EDIT: The only sentinel that seems to be affected is the Carrier, as Mewfan pointed out. However, Kubrow and players are occasionally affected.

Edited by Casardis

Do u notice how long the charge up time is? its likes 3-5seconds long and they only go in a straight line, so all you have to do is dodge roll shoot it will its charging. Also, its not always a 1 shot kill.

My response to this is to question just how easy it is to pay attention to every single Feral Kubrow attacking you, especially if there's more than just one surrounding you. It might be easy for you but not for everyone. What's more, the attack seems to deal more damage as you're more in-the-way, and since you have very little ability to affect your Kubrow pet's positioning, this can be a problem for players with low-level Kubrows looking to farm the mods (that will ultimately help them resist this damage) from the very creatures that perform this attack. 

I've NEVER had this issue >.>

Even with Mirage, and my level 3 Smokey, the Kubrow weren't one-shotting me. Heck, Shade was laughing at the Kubrow as well, the only issue was the standing up after knockdown. It takes a bit to stand up, but honestly, my sentinel and Kubrow both survive it.

Again, the ONLY sentinel that seems to be effected by the Kubrow's "Instakill" is CARRIER, which I don't USE, becaues I found him BORING and AWFUL. I'll stick with Shade, TYVM.

#ShadeMasterRace

I've noticed that the charge will take out a sentinel and the sentinel's regen in the same charge, too.

Not sure if they patched it, but the few times I managed to sidestep it enough for carrier to get its regen in, the carrier was immune to health restores.

Half the time it'll show 0 health but half shields. Something is buggy with it.
Edited by DietEbolaCola

My response to this is to question just how easy it is to pay attention to every single Feral Kubrow attacking you, especially if there's more than just one surrounding you. It might be easy for you but not for everyone. What's more, the attack seems to deal more damage as you're more in-the-way, and since you have very little ability to affect your Kubrow pet's positioning, this can be a problem for players with low-level Kubrows looking to farm the mods (that will ultimately help them resist this damage) from the very creatures that perform this attack. 

It's usually the ones charging underwater that flank me while I'm shooting at grineer & ferals off to the side. It's a brilliant use of a low profile pack-hunting attacker AI, so kudos to DE in that regard.

But yeah, the damage is somewhat overkill for the level 9-11 enemies against maxed frames, and DEFINITELY overkill against players running Earth for the first time, like the poor random MR3 sods I had to rez several times per mission.

The damage compounded by multi-hit AOE theory suggested in this thread sounds about right to me.

There is virtually no point in having a Sentinel at the moment. Last night I went into a solo ODD to text out the effect of Ogris against the cryopod, only to inexplicably have my Sentinel die within the first wave. I don't know what killed it, I wasn't aware of placing it or myself in harms way, yet the parrot was dead! Please fix this, I like to use my Carrier to hoover up all the drops, but it is useless in the current conditions.

is what i have been asking for the almost beginning of update 14,  but i seems that it doesn't get fixed nor even mentioned|

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/264446-hotfix-1401/?p=3088262

Sorry for my grammar
Today on pluto( dark sector defense) I noticed that volatile runners(35lvl) didn't do any Dmg to my Warframe when they explode( a group of runners exploded in the front of me) but instead one runner can easily destroy my Carrier. My Carrier had more shields and HP then my loki at that moment. Can someone else confirm this?
P.S. Did anybody else noticed that sentinels dies quicker then before?  

This has only been occuring to my carrier sentinel, my deathcube takes hits, kubrow or otherwise, fine. I've also noticed this bug extending to the regen mod as well; I've observed my carrier going into the cycle to respawn itself then dies without respawning. I'd try to screencap it, but I've had no luck as it's noticeable for only a fraction of a second.

The only reason I notice was that when every my carrier(cause its the sentinel I always use) dies it just doesn't say 0/0 for his health and shields but shows a bleeding out like if a player was downed and some times my carrier is still floating around my head on my screen but other people don't see a carrier.