Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xaelon

Completed Vor's Prize. Kubrow Quest Did Not Unlock.

It seems that there are quite a few issues with various parts of the Vor's Prize questline.  I did not see my specific issue mentioned so I will explain it now.

I believe the issue is that I somehow finished Vor's Prize without doing all the steps required, so when the game checks the completion of the preceding quest line in order to unlock the next quest, it sees that All missions in Vor's Prize were not completed, so it doesn't unlock the next quest. 

That is just my best guess though.  I will try to explain exactly what happened in the hopes that someone who knows how the game works(code-wise) is able to determine where the game is breaking.

Here's what happened:

I logged into the game last night after patching it and chose to go through the tutorial.  I completed the tutorial and flew off in my fancy new orokin ship.  From there I was able to successfully complete all steps of the quest that the game gave me to a point.  I brought the foundry module back to my ship and installed it.  The ship AI and Lotus prompted me to craft the Ascarus Removal Widget, so I did and removed Vor's present from my frame.  After this I remember Darvo talking to me about the Ascarus and "giving" me the blueprint for the removal widget.  Then Lotus told me that I needed to access the personnel records on a Grineer ship to locate Vor. 

I don't remember exactly what happened after this. 

But I do remember that I somehow skipped the step of locating Vor via the records and went straight to mercury and killed him after being prompted to do so by the Lotus.  

I went back to my ship after killing Vor and stood around trying to figure-out how to access the Kubrow questline.  I read region chat for a bit and apparently that's supposed to unlock after you complete Vor's Prize.  I checked the Codex, and the only quest I had was Vor's Prize. I went to relog in an attempt to sync progress with the server and the game displayed that message you see when you leave a session in progress.  That "You will lose rewards, but your progress will be saved" message,  I'm sure you which one I mean.  I said OK and closed the client. 

I restarted the game and logged back in.  The codex was still showing Vor's Prize as the only available quest.  The Codex page for Vor's Prize did not show a 'restart quest' or similar button, but I found out that double clicking on the codex image would restart the quest.  I entered the navigation menu and I saw that the "fix ships comms" mission was available again. I went and completed the quest but once the mission was done and the game tried to put me back on the ship the game crashed to desktop (CTD) which caused your Evolution Engine Error Reporting too to popup, I sent the report and closed the tool after it finished.  I started the game again, tried to start Vor's Prize again, only to have the same CTD happen after entering the ship post mission completion.  I sent the report via your Error Reporting tool again. 

I should be able to replicate this issue as many times as you want, so if you would like me to send you game logs of some kind let me know.  Hopefully this information will help you to figure out what's going on.

It actually starts after you kill Jacket, THEN you look into the Codex, no one mentions that part.

To begin the Kubro guest you must kill the Jackal on Venus, then return to your ship and check the "Quests" subsection of the codex.

Go kill Jackal, pay attention to the riddles released by DE for more hints in the future... Kubrow quest has little if anything to do with Vor's Prize.

It actually starts after you kill Jacket, THEN you look into the Codex, no one mentions that part.

"Jacket" ?  Then the issue is that Vor's Prize is actually not giving me the next step of the quest.  Lovely. 

Go kill Jackal, pay attention to the riddles released by DE for more hints in the future... Kubrow quest has little if anything to do with Vor's Prize.

Riddles...?

"Jacket" ?  Then the issue is that Vor's Prize is actually not giving me the next step of the quest.  Lovely. 

Riddles...?

..Jackal..My bad. It's late..I need my rest. Go kill Jackal, then look in your Codex. Good Luck getting the egg.

Looks like I needed to read the patch notes more carefully: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263213-update-14-the-mad-cephalon/ .  Now I see what you mean by riddles.  I'll try to go get the kubrow quest once I have time at home.  Regardless, the issue that I am unable to restart the Vor's Prize quest is still present.

Thanks for the information all.

Riddles come into play for the Mirage quest. The Kubrow quest should be pretty straightforward. Good Luck egg hunting!

Regardless, the issue that I am unable to restart the Vor's Prize quest is still present.

According to the devstream, this is a known issue and the ability to restart missions or re-do them at higher difficulty will be in a future patch.

Riddles...?

Yeah it says some where that you have to kill those "four legged pest"

Im curious where in the game is says that u have to go and kill Jackal to start kubwow quest?

It's not in game, which is the problem.  It's a riddle on the patch notes for u14.