Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Direction Of The New Tutorial

Ssinurn

So, first and foremost, I don't want this to come off as a *@##$-post about the newest update. I love the fact that the devs are working on polishing the game; I've been playing for a while, and to watch warframe go from something that looked like a F2P download that you wasted time on to a full blown gaming experience has been awesome.

That said, I'm a little confused with the direction of the newest tutorial. Again, I've been playing for a while, so alot of the things that I take for granted- knowing how mods work, knowing how to toggle through weapons, etc- are easy for me. My question is, is this really what new players need the most help on?

When I bring a new player into the game, there are alot of things I have to teach them. My problem is that most of those are still tribal knowledge issues- Things passed down from me to them, rather than intuitively included in the game. Instead of a longer tutorial to show them how to swap weapons, I feel like there needs to be more focus on the things a new player's going to be hurting on the most. I haven't been through the whole tutorial yet, but I feel like more information needs to be put out about, for example, the usefulness of a jump melee or a jump slide kick for knocking things down, or how to pick out a weapon that's worth a potato- Particularly since alot of the resources required to invest in making and then potato-ing a new weapon aren't easy for a new player to come by. How many of you, the general audience, have wasted potatoes on weapons that just don't cut it- And often, you don't find that out until you've burned it, finished leveling the weapon, and discover that you need a few forma, a hope, a prayer, and three feet of duct tape to make your new weapon even moderately useful?

Again, not designed to be complaining, but constructive. I want this game to continue to improve, and I've seen alot of new, cool stuff happen since I first started playing- I just want to make sure that when the devs move in a direction, their time and effort is spent in the places that best reward them for their hard work, and make the game the most approachable for new players.

yeah but even though i agree with you these are things we learn by trial and error and what the current "meta' is  i rember potatoing and formaing my Mk-1 Braton that i   kept  tilll i reacheed jupiter. i then found out my weapon was S#&$ i began experimenting what weapons playstyle fit me we cant hold  evry new players hands and tell them whats viable and whats not they should figuire it out on their own but we must teach them the advantages and disadvantages of their decisions