Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am New And I Tried To Get Into This Game.

Echorion

I spent a little while trying to learn this game, but I just couldn't. I want to start off by saying I love the concept, and I also really liked the visual style of the game, I can see why people might like this but I won't be playing it anymore or spending money on it I don't think. I purchased one of the foudner things I bneleive the smallest one back when it launched, couldn't get into it, tried again now, same thing.

They improved the visuals, sounds, effects, etc things I disliked before It seems, that is really cool.

However the problem I have had is the game is seriously complicated. I spent considerate time trying to learn how it works, but I couldn't do it. There is 100 things on screen at once sometimes, people are moving all about I don't know what my team is doing, I can't follow or figure out what my objectives are, where they are, how to go about them. I had trouble with doors, even doors were complicated. I eventually gave up and those laser doors I jsut threw myself at to get inside instead, and just took all the damage, at least I think damage, I didn't even know what was going on injury wise.

I have abilities and was struggling figuring those out.

Crafting confused me to hell and back.

So on and so fourth. When trying to talk to community about it, I never found much help, people respond with sarcastic or rude responses, and in game when I am basically a dead weight people (Understandably) so just get frustrated and leave, or shout at me, instead of helping me figure out what the F*** I am supposed to be doing.

The camera makes it hard for me to tell what is going on as well, if there are other camera options availible what would be great, just zooming out a little would help me a ton, I had to turn brightness down greatly to avoid a headache because of the camera angle and all the bloom effects on everything.

Anyways, I don't wanna stick around for any more mocking because the game gives me trouble, so I will move along now, but I will try the game again probably in 2015, and see if it is enjoyable or learnable for stupid people like me I suppose.

Have a good one, people who do enjoy it, have fun, and devs I hope some polite feedback helps at least a tiny bit.

New and a founder? Isn't that something.

Thanks? As I said, that was back when it started, I played a short bit got that, fell out of it just as quick as I fell in.

Came back, tried again, no luck, fell back out.

Just trying to be courteous and let the staff know why.

The complaints I'm seeing here seem valid but make little to no sense to me.

I understand what you are trying to get at, the main issue I see is you've been looking in all the wrong places. Asking Region chat in game is the worse idea ever. If you ever had an issue you were better off starting here first.

The crafting system is simple if you step back and consider what is presented to you. If teammates are an issue try doing things solo while you earn your sea-legs. Also there are always a TON of channels on youtube with tutorials and tips&tricks for people seeking assistance. All of them located here: https://warframe.com/community/fansites

(Disclaimer yes I am one of them)

(Disclaimer 2.0, In before self advertising remarks)

If you are sold on the idea that the game is not your thing, so be it, wont try to argue with you. Just try not to brute force the game like you have been and consider what is presented from time to time. Everything in game is simple if you take the time to look in the right places, by that I mean the codex, there is a small simple guide there.

if you still want to play the game I can run you through the ropes

Thanks, but it's only part understanding. Some of those issues I know I could learn, but some of the confusion comes from being unable to tell what is going on and make appropriate reactions.

I appreciate the effort though, but I think at this point I'm going to move on. Again, thank you, if I had run into people like you earlier it would have gone a long way :)

I think for a while, your gonna have to play solo and check the wiki a bit as well as the codex. Playing Solo will allow you to have time to figure out how your equiptment and frame works and will allow you to naturaly figure out small things like the map.

Doors-Yellow panels next to a locked door ussaly mean that it requires a bypass, press it to unlock [it needs 2 people to unlock in multiplayer]

If theres lazers, theres a camrea nearby, shoot it down.

Crafting I dont know how to explain it, items needs parts to be made.

And I just read the part where you stoped playing......
Did you realy find this game confusing, it was simple for me to figure it out....

Ok, I don't understand how this seems overcomplicated to you. The combat is as such, you have a gun, a crosshair and enemies, if you shoot the enemies they die. There are sometimes hundreds of things on screen, most of these are enemies, most other things you can ignore.

The objectives are the icon on your minimap, try and follow the minimap icon (which is admittedly a pain in the rear ever since they changed the minimap system, 6 months ago, maybe more).

Also, FoV is the thing you're looking for if you want to zoom out the view a bit and it's in the options menu under display I think.

I can understand having problems with the complicated aspects of the game but if you're having trouble figuring out how to point and shoot and following minimap markers then the problem isn't the game (except maybe the stupid, jumpy minimap icons at times, that bugs me too). Also, play solo. For real, when I started I played one game online where everyone rushed through the level following minimap markers, I had no idea what was happening and the objectives got completed by other people while I wasn't looking and I didn't learn anything. If you want to learn this game, play solo.

And I just read the part where you stoped playing......

Did you realy find this game confusing, it was simple for me to figure it out....

I feel the same, I found the game simple and easy to pick up. There were a few things which caused issues and learning curves, but nothing that would make a player halt and leave.

This is where things begin to build up to hostile, it's why I usually do feedback via support, commentary is never pleasant when you explain your dislikes. You guys made it clear you disagree, but I still feel the same way.

Thanks to the one encouraging post.

I'm moving on now, have a good day guys and if you enjoy it stick with it; a mod can lock this if they wish.

Edited by Echorion

This is where things begin to build up to hostile, it's why I usually do feedback via support, commentary is never pleasant when you explain your dislikes. You guys made it clear you disagree, but I still feel the same way.

Thanks to the one encouraging post.

I'm moving on now, have a good day guys and if you enjoy it stick with it; a mod can lock this if they wish.

There is no real hostility from what I can see. Just people offering assistance while sharing remarks about our confusion.

A ton of people on this forum are willing to help and support others. We also tend to be vocal or typed our thoughts out a ton as well, some just don't understand how you are so baffled by certain things.

Overall be it as it may, you've made your choice, sad to see another tenno go :(

Thanks, but it's only part understanding. Some of those issues I know I could learn, but some of the confusion comes from being unable to tell what is going on and make appropriate reactions.

I appreciate the effort though, but I think at this point I'm going to move on. Again, thank you, if I had run into people like you earlier it would have gone a long way :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodd6C5ryUU

take your pick for which song to send you off on. Sad to see a tenno go

You are right man, this game is very complicated. It took me a while to learn how to mod and craft weapons. The game play is kind of simple though, if you have a team. If you play solo or by yourself, this game can be a real pain. Especially if you do not know how to mod your weapons properly (That is the hard part). Btw to open the doors with lasers you have to shoot the camera that is located next to the door. Oh yeah, and don't mind the community. Most communities are like that. When I wrote a feedback on the game called Warsaw, they started a huge argument with me. Don't take anyone seriously.

Edited by Raidakk