Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nerf Ancients Like That?

KairaSilvermist

I never thought I'd say this, but I already miss when Ancients would run up, and just straight-up knock my &#! on the ground.  Now they run up, stop, and do this derpy and HEAVILY telegraphed wind-up. It used to feel like "Crap, I goofed and that's what I get for standing here, and not slowing or stopping it"

Now it's like "Oh, there's an ancient....."

At *LEAST* give corrupted ancients that backhand back, please. I love that they were smart enough to put their speed and twist in a slight jumping fashion to send a frame sprawling. Now it just feels like they don't know what to do, or aren't putting any momentum into it.

Seriously, this is my *BIGGEST* complaint about U14. Ancients don't feel as dangerous as they used to.

I really hope that the Ancients get that knockdown move back still :( New infested is intriguing, but I REALLY want the KD Infested still. I looked forward to testing mobility agianst them. It was like a half and half dual, and I made it a mental challegne to use an unmodded Bo for ODE, and to try to blocvk the backhand each time

Ancients are a bit of a joke right now. I liked when a group of ancients charging at you caused an "Oh crap!" moment of sorts, but now their charging accomplishes nothing but opening up their faces for nearly a full second of easy headshots.

By the way (somewhat unrelated), what's with the annoying Eximus glows that every single Ancient has now? We had no trouble telling them apart, thank you very much. The effects on every Ancient unit onscreen is incredibly cluttered-looking and immersion-breaking for me.

Edited by SortaRandom

I like the glows from the Eximi, but I dislike the aura on the Disruptors.

that "Oh Crap" moment is what I want back from Ancients. I really hope that they do get that slap back, as that is one of the most satisfying things to watch is some rusher getting backhanded into a group that just tears through a loarge portion of their defenses before they get up ^.^

They have scorpion pulls and innate auras now that make the infested around them more dangerous. Their more of a tank/support unit than something to be directly afraid of. Their knowledge of when to use the slap needs a little work, but it's much better the slap isn't so fast that you can't react to it if one sneaks up behind you from around a corner.

I think it's better the heavier units are more so support units for the infested. They're a swarm faction, their primary danger should be the swarm, not the few heavy enemies within it.

Erhm, so you dont think the constant poison procs AND disruption effect is overdoing the challange now?

i did survival runs on pluto yesterday, and gettin pulled into a flock of toxic aincients now is pratacially a insta death sentencen now!!

and no, u cant just block the attatck, when u are facing in one direction, and another pulls u from behind,..

and another thing, if melee was underpowered before, u can just plain forget about using a melee build against infested now,..

If anything they need to be nerfed again imo

D3, what are you using on Pluto that's getting you instant-killed by infested? I have two frames that LAUGH at both Mutalist osprey and Toxic Ancients, up to level 45. at aout 46, they start being a bit dangerous in groups, but really, infested are still the easiest faction. At least, I thought that until I tried a Hive mission.... Lost energy real fast, then just ded.

Regardless, the infested are FAR easier to fight than the Grineer, adn doubly so for the Corpus. My bidggest threat is teh Corpus,. but that's a tale for a later date. :p

We don't need more nerfs, we need what DE's done, revamps. Grineer and COrpus both need some revamps, and Corrupted need some overhauling as well, for the most part.

I was soloing using my Valkyr, and trying to melee my way through them. and i was not having any serious trouble before the 30-40 min mark.(dident even notice what lvl. they were, but up in the 50ties i guess)

this may or may not be the issue though, what are those 2 frames u talk about? i guess Saryn, (with the revamp to her powers?)

antitoxin dosent really seem to do much, against constant toxin clouds, so what build did u use?

I do agree they are not as tough fighting as Grineer/corpus though.

Edited by D3ST

The point was to remove the "unreactable to" perma-knockdown combo when they managed to swarm you. People complained a lot about it in the past.

That's the point. "Preparation part" can be reduced a bit, but it's still better then "instant Ancient footbal".

I was soloing using my Valkyr, and trying to melee my way through them. and i was not having any serious trouble before the 30-40 min mark.(dident even notice what lvl. they were, but up in the 50ties i guess)

this may or may not be the issue though, what are those 2 frames u talk about? i guess Saryn, (with the revamp to her powers?)

antitoxin dosent really seem to do much, against constant toxin clouds, so what build did u use?

I do agree they are not as tough fighting as Grineer/corpus though.

Saryn with Vitality, Vigor, and Rejuvination, and if you're on steam, there's an "Immortal Valkyr Build" that use the exact same things. They only START sweating a little at level 46+, and I haven't maxed VItality yet... I think it's still level 5, actually :T

The point was to remove the "unreactable to" perma-knockdown combo when they managed to swarm you. People complained a lot about it in the past.

It *WASN'T* unreactable to though, that's the thing! If you Coptered, melee'd, or rolled away, the attack wouldn't even hit! COptering away prevented them from hitting you, hitting them stunned THEM and literally bent them over packwards, and rolling away you'd take the hit, but NOT the KD. The issue is people are complaining about too much. I've noticed Mutalisks are actually down in melee range. IMO, Osprey, Drones, Mutalisks should saty up safely out of melee range. For the most part, the new infested AI are smarter than Corpus and Grineer, with Runners, and Volatiles able to dodge arrows (QUITE glad that volatiles can now deal damage with explosions and chain-stagger again, got knocked over by a runner because of it earlier, first tiem I've had a smile that big plastered on my face in a long while at this game.)

Still, people saying "There's no way to react" haven't really tried very hard. I really hope that the new infested coming out are super dangerous, and we definately need better AI for Grineer, but I mostly want that "Ancient Backhand" back in the game.

EDIT: Removed an unnecesarry sentence, that belongs not in this thread.

Edited by Mewfan

They all have scorpion cables now, and as was mentioned they buff other infested around them. I've also noticed they stick back to buff the maximum number of infested, getting caught and pulled into a group is basically insta-death for squishy frames.