Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprinting And Rolling Bug

GiantB

At first I thought it was me then I realized it's a bug.

What happens is when I am holding shift to sprint my frame will randomly just roll and it's not just for one frame it's for all of them. But to test it I used a different computer becuz maybe it was my keyboard but it's not...

I still would randomly just roll while holding shift to sprint..

Usually It would roll before I shot but not all the time. Sometimes it wouldn't do it but trust me when it does it's very annoying. But not just before I shoot like I said before sometimes I would just be sprinting and the frame would roll.

Would like to see this fixed :)

Thanks for ur help

Let me get this straight:

You run, you Sprint, and your frame does a random roll?

Did i get it right? Asking because i sprint half the missions, and i have yet to get this problem. Maybe because i have the spring button allocated into my MOUSE5 button

Sounds strange, I know that double clicking sprint makes you do a roll but doing it just cause your holding down the button shouldn't happen. Can it be due to settings? Since you used it on two diffrent computers with diffrent keyboards I am guessing they are not the same type of keyboard. (As in they don't use the same drivers.) Was the OS the same on both computers? I probably shouldn't ask all this since I can't solve the problem, but I like poundering over problems like this... Could it be something to do with the stickykey thini in windows?

The plot thickens....

This happens to me but its with sliding not rolling.

I saw this actually happen to the guy playing mag in the livestream today, and it seemed to happen when he tried to slide. One thing about the random roll... The camera doesn't move like it does when you tap shift. It says locked in it's normal position.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I think the problem is that the maps have little bits of uneven terrain in them, and for a split second it'll think you're in mid air. So if you happen to be sprinting, you'll roll. If you try to do a melee attack at that exact moment, you'll do a jump attack. If you try to jump, it won't let you.

Still something that needs to be addressed, because it's annoying.

Something worth noting is that Double tapping the Shift key is the default input for doing a roll. The most logical conclusion I can come up with is that your not keeping the shift key held down, your pressing too often to continue sprinting, or your shift key is just plain rickety.