Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Funeral For Our Old Ui.

insaninater

All these topics will go away in about 1-2 weeks once everyone is used to the new UI.

Same exact thing happened when the combat UI was changed.

no. the issue is not optics or i-am-not-used-to-changes...

the issue is usability, which has been greatly reduced.

mouse path greatly increased, no longer able to navigate the ui with mouse only, information missing or hidden away in obscure submenus...

i have to hover over a planet to see its name, i have to click into the planet to see its nodes/ressources. i can not switch between planets without <ESC>, i have to rotate the view to see which nodes are unlocked.... these were infos you could get at a glance before.

i had to initiate a trade to count how many keys i had of which type.

the foundry does not tell me immediately whether this is my last neurode needed or whether there are thousands still left.

i can not switch between fusion, sell, transmute without <ESC>.

list goes on and on and on...

rest in peace, old UI, you will be missed dearly! :-(

@DE: that was the worst decision in terms of playability ever. the game is still great, one of the best! but navigating the menus has become a major annoyance now :-(

I seriously don't understand the new UI hate when it was showcased the last three Devstreams, so why are people acting super surprised of how it works?

So we're not allowed to hate things just because people gave us a heads up? The time lapse doesn't change the actual content, which is still terrible.

I seriously don't understand the new UI hate when it was showcased the last three Devstreams, so why are people acting super surprised of how it works?

because it doesn't.

the opticsc is debatable, but subject to taste.

it is the functionality and usability that needs improvement

So we're not allowed to hate things just because people gave us a heads up? The time lapse doesn't change the actual content, which is still terrible.

Well... yea if you got a heads up on something that looked bad from the start when didn't you say anything before? Don't wait until the devs put hard work and effort into it then be all like " I don't like it, i want the option for the old UI". Whether you know it or not, that's blatant disrespect. There's a difference between feedback and straight up hating, And from looking at your past posts, you're not really giving feedback, you just straight up hate the new UI. So can we get this moved to Off-Topic please?

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Well... yea if you got a heads up on something that looked bad from the start when didn't you say anything before? Don't wait until the devs put hard work and effort into it then be all like " I don't like it, i want the option for the old UI". Whether you know it or not, that's blatant disrespect. There's a difference between feedback and straight up hating, And from looking at your past posts, you're not really giving feedback, you just straight up hate the new UI. So can we get this moved to Off-Topic please?

Because saying anything then or now matters at all right?

The new UI is already done, or at least half way there by the time we were given the "heads up". They weren't giving us the concepts. The footage was the new UI being functional.

Whether you know it or not, that has nothing to do with disrespect. 

My feedback is get the old AI back, less menus, get things done faster. My feedback is quite simple, old system was great, they made it objectively slower, harder to use, and less efficient at letting us know things.

What's wrong with hating something that's objectively worse than the thing it replaced? If you like, you can think of this as respect and admiration for the old UI, since it's all relative. I loved the old UI. It's not disrespectful, the old UI was awesome, criticism, especially from A GAME I AM BETA TESTING is exactly what i should be doing. By blindly fanboying, you have officially failed at your job as a beta tester, more than that, by trying to squash criticism, you're getting in the way of my duty as a beta tester.

My feedback is get the old AI back, less menus, get things done faster. My feedback is quite simple, old system was great, they made it objectively slower, harder to use, and less efficient at letting us know things.

What's wrong with hating something that's objectively worse than the thing it replaced? If you like, you can think of this as respect and admiration for the old UI, since it's all relative. I loved the old UI. It's not disrespectful, the old UI was awesome, criticism, especially from A GAME I AM BETA TESTING is exactly what i should be doing. By blindly fanboying, you have officially failed at your job as a beta tester, more than that, by trying to squash criticism, you're getting in the way of my duty as a beta tester.

Oh boy. Maybe you need to ask somebody but im far from a DE Fanboy. You think i like receiving updates a month later? Always being second choice? Being treated like a 2nd rate gamer? Once again there's a huge difference between criticism and hate. You had a huge heads-up of how'd it be, so how come you didn't "criticize" then? And being a 'beta tester' (Lulz) doesn't mean you're open to just disrespect someone's work. You wanna get your point across, you could have did it like this: "Hey do you think we could have a simpler/efficient way to our sub-menus?" Not

"Exactly. Just because someone "worked hard" on something doesn't make it good.

Personally, i HATE the new UI. I haven't the slightest idea why they changed it, the old one was frikkin great!"

And you had the audacity to call yourself a beta tester.
Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

check your trading interface in the clan dojo.....IT'S NOT DEAD YET, GUIS!

Personally, I hate the UI too and honestly, I thought it was common sense to make the new UI an option because some people actually prefer the static UI because it's less disorienting and easy to work with? You know how many times I have to re-position my Warframe just so I can sort my mods by rarity/duplicates/name? Well it's impossible with a giant &amp;#&#33; rhino covering the top left of the mod UI screen.....

Edited by rangeless

You realize that there are people that don't mind the inconvenience of the new ui, seeing as it gives added immersion, among other things. Also, your feedback suggests they return to the old ui rather than improve on what we have. While I do agree that the new ui isn't stellar, I enjoy the fact that I feel like a Tenno floating in space in my own ship. Again, there are people who do take immersion as a major part of whether or not they'll play the game, and the inconvenience of the new ui can be considered a realistic way of going about your business on a ship. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Oh boy. Maybe you need to ask somebody but im far from a DE Fanboy. You think i like receiving updates a month later? Always being second choice? Being treated like a 2nd rate gamer? Once again there's a huge difference between criticism and hate. You had a huge heads-up of how'd it be, so how come you didn't "criticize" then? And being a 'beta tester' (Lulz) doesn't mean you're open to just disrespect someone's work. You wanna get your point across, you could have did it like this: "Hey do you think we could have a simpler/efficient way to our sub-menus?" Not "Exactly. Just because someone "worked hard" on something doesn't make it good.

Personally, i HATE the new UI. I haven't the slightest idea why they changed it, the old one was frikkin great!"

And you had the audacity to call yourself a beta tester.

Here's the problem with that. All the problems i have with the new AI, could be solved by bringing the old one back. Basically the sum of my issues with it, essentially, amounts the the changes they made. I want less menu hopping, like the old UI, i want to be able to scroll through the planets easily, and i'd like to actually see my @(*()&#036; mods.

And you know what? Even if this is "hate" by your definition, what's wrong with that? They kill a system i really loved, they replace it with some 2-bit dead space clone. When something you like gets destroyed, i think you're entitled to a bit of "hate"

You realize that there are people that don't mind the inconvenience of the new ui, seeing as it gives added immersion, among other things. Also, your feedback suggests they return to the old ui rather than improve on what we have. While I do agree that the new ui isn't stellar, I enjoy the fact that I feel like a Tenno floating in space in my own ship. Again, there are people who do take immersion as a major part of whether or not they'll play the game, and the inconvenience of the new ui can be considered a realistic way of going about your business on a ship. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

How is going through menus all day immersive? Yea, my feedback suggest going back to the old UI, because i really liked the old UI. I might not mind the new UI if i just got the game, because it's kinda standard, but i liked the old warframe UI more than the UI on most games.

We expected them to clean up the mess and to make it at least be as accessible as the old UI.

Unfrotunately they did not.

no. the issue is not optics or i-am-not-used-to-changes...

the issue is usability, which has been greatly reduced.

mouse path greatly increased, no longer able to navigate the ui with mouse only, information missing or hidden away in obscure submenus...

i have to hover over a planet to see its name, i have to click into the planet to see its nodes/ressources. i can not switch between planets without <ESC>, i have to rotate the view to see which nodes are unlocked.... these were infos you could get at a glance before.

i had to initiate a trade to count how many keys i had of which type.

the foundry does not tell me immediately whether this is my last neurode needed or whether there are thousands still left.

i can not switch between fusion, sell, transmute without <ESC>.

list goes on and on and on...

rest in peace, old UI, you will be missed dearly! :-(

@DE: that was the worst decision in terms of playability ever. the game is still great, one of the best! but navigating the menus has become a major annoyance now :-(

Really wish they would have kept the old UI as an option. Like being able to switch to it on the ship and being able to switch back to the ship UI if you liked.

Atmosphere good and fine, but the gameplay really suffered from it.

Here's the problem with that. All the problems i have with the new AI, could be solved by bringing the old one back. Basically the sum of my issues with it, essentially, amounts the the changes they made. I want less menu hopping, like the old UI, i want to be able to scroll through the planets easily, and i'd like to actually see my @(*()$ mods.

And you know what? Even if this is "hate" by your definition, what's wrong with that? They kill a system i really loved, they replace it with some 2-bit dead space clone. When something you like gets destroyed, i think you're entitled to a bit of "hate"

How is going through menus all day immersive? Yea, my feedback suggest going back to the old UI, because i really liked the old UI. I might not mind the new UI if i just got the game, because it's kinda standard, but i liked the old warframe UI more than the UI on most games.

You're entitled to what? Lol, a fully mobile/interactive menu is "generic" but a long set of menus and options isn't? Only time i've seen a menu like this was on Dust 514 and that was a truly a heap of garbage. New UI is here to stay, so your "Feedback" is duly noted, thrown away, and incinerated.  

Save your tears and post ACTUAL constructive feed back - you guys are always dense on these boards. DE is asking YOU, the BETA USER - no - you as a PLAYER for your feed back and they don't mean a *@##&#036; thread.

Post your SUGGESTED changes to help flesh out visual changes to the current UI system. Crying and *@##&#036;ery is not constructive feed back.

Save your tears and post ACTUAL constructive feed back - you guys are always dense on these boards. DE is asking YOU, the BETA USER - no - you as a PLAYER for your feed back and they don't mean a $#*(@ thread.

Post your SUGGESTED changes to help flesh out visual changes to the current UI system. Crying and *@##$ery is not constructive feed back.

Finally, thank you for saying this.