Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Funeral For Our Old Ui.

insaninater

We expected them to clean up the mess and to make it at least be as accessible as the old UI.

Unfrotunately they did not.

Well, bugs come with every major update, only remedy is patience. If people would've just let the Devs release it when they were truly ready, bug count would probably be cut in half.

Save your tears and post ACTUAL constructive feed back - you guys are always dense on these boards. DE is asking YOU, the BETA USER - no - you as a PLAYER for your feed back and they don't mean a $#*(@ thread.

Post your SUGGESTED changes to help flesh out visual changes to the current UI system. Crying and *@##$ery is not constructive feed back.

I tried saying it nicely but basically ^this.

Save your tears and post ACTUAL constructive feed back - you guys are always dense on these boards. DE is asking YOU, the BETA USER - no - you as a PLAYER for your feed back and they don't mean a $#*(@ thread.

Post your SUGGESTED changes to help flesh out visual changes to the current UI system. Crying and *@##$ery is not constructive feed back.

Suggestions, including well worded, hardly reach them for various reasons and you often don't know if at all. So the only chance people see to get their opinion to be noticed is spam the forum with threads. A sad development that has been going on for months now.

You didn't try to say it nicely. You said my opinion was incinerated, but i guess in your little world that's considered nice. 

I tried saying it nicely but basically ^this.

Kiddplay, nice isn't saying "your opinion is duly noted, thrown away and incinerated"

I think the new UI is a step in the right direction, broadly speaking.

It will need refinement. Your warframe needs to gain transparency and disappear when you zoom into the menus, for example. Less scrolling and clicking for the PC version, since analogue stick users must be a tiny minority on the PC. Etc.

Here's the thing, the old UI needed plenty of refining too.

I think "Remember the old UI" is a worthy sentiment, because that's the level of refinement DE should be aiming for. But otherwise look to the future and work on this visually exciting, new UI.

(Oh, and congrats on the team that worked on it.)

You're entitled to what? Lol, a fully mobile/interactive menu is "generic" but a long set of menus and options isn't? Only time i've seen a menu like this was on Dust 514 and that was a truly a heap of garbage. New UI is here to stay, so your "Feedback" is duly noted, thrown away, and incinerated.  

How is expressing my dislike for a change "being entitled?" Being entitled would be me being mad about something that would take lots of effort. I just think the game was WAY better back in U13.

How is expressing my dislike for a change "being entitled?" Being entitled would be me being mad about something that would take lots of effort. I just think the game was WAY better back in U13.

Sir you need to pick which direction you're going in. Either expressing your feelings or leaving feedback. If the point of this was to express your feelings , this needs to be moved to off-topic.

You did say "I want it back because I like it" without taking into consideration the tons of other players who love the new U.I.

Well, bugs come with every major update, only remedy is patience. If people would've just let the Devs release it when they were truly ready, bug count would probably be cut in half.

These are not bugs. It's made less accessible by design, so it looks stylized. You can't have both, you have to choose and they chose style over functionality.

There is not even an option to turn off at least the most annoying and distracting stylist features like the UI motion, removal of warframe taking screen space when showing menus and expanding the view to full screen (i.e. room for more colums in mods view).

Why are you even commenting on the new UI? You don't even have it yet to try to use? What we need is to separate the PC forum from the "PS4 kidds"

Because, it's general discussion and i can. And leave your elitism at the door if you would.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Sir you need to pick which direction you're going in. Either expressing your feelings or leaving feedback. If the point of this was to express your feelings , this needs to be moved to off-topic.

My discontent feelings are a result of the changes. If i didn't have any feelings about the game, i would be unable to give feedback at all, wouldn't i?

Because, it's general discussion and i can. And leave your elitism at the door if you would.

You haven't even seen the UI and you're attacking me for disliking and criticizing it?!

Why?! If you literally don't know what you're talking about, why would you post about it?

You haven't even seen the UI and you're attacking me for disliking and criticizing it?!

Why?! If you literally don't know what you're talking about, why would you post about it?

He can take into consideration both sides and then make his own judgement.

No, actually giving feedback without feelings is better because emotions cloud your judgement.

This is very true, but we are humans. Our emotions come into everything.

Mod interface is garbage. if you want constructive feedback on that just look at the old mod menu and compare it to this.

Exactly!

No, actually giving feedback without feelings is better because emotions cloud your judgement.

Ok, then here's a cold, calculated list of criticisms.

-The user interface is more cluttered, and takes longer to navigate through

-Information is harder to access, such as resources in the foundry

-The map takes longer to scroll through, since menu parsing is now a necessity.

Or if you want a really, really simplified and calculated criticisms, it would be this

-It takes more time, and more clicks, to get from point A to point B. It is less optimized, and this is an objectively bad thing purely from a design standpoint. Plain and simple.

Edited by insaninater

Exactly!

Ok, then here's a cold, calculated list of criticisms.

-The user interface is more cluttered, and takes longer to navigate through

-Information is harder to access, such as resources in the foundry

-The map takes longer to scroll through, since menu parsing is now a necessity.

Or if you want a really, really simplified and calculated criticisms, it would be this

-It takes more time, and more clicks, to get from point A to point B. It is less optimized, and this is an objectively bad thing purely from a design standpoint. Plain and simple.

That's proper feedback, i have no problem with that. I'll even upvote

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

How is going through menus all day immersive? Yea, my feedback suggest going back to the old UI, because i really liked the old UI. I might not mind the new UI if i just got the game, because it's kinda standard, but i liked the old warframe UI more than the UI on most games.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you that the current ui has major problems that the old ui never had, I just believe that the concept DE has created is fantastic. All that needs to be done, in my opinion, is make it even more user friendly, as that's what everyone is complaining about at this point.

Edited by Jolonap

That's proper feedback, i have no problem with that. I'll even upvote

The root problem though is that all of that pretty much leads to the old system.

If the old system is dead, then all the constructive criticism in the world isn't going to help me. Since my view of an optimized system is something very similar to the old system. Do you see my dilemma? 

The root problem though is that all of that pretty much leads to the old system.

If the old system is dead, then all the constructive criticism in the world isn't going to help me. Since my view of an optimized system is something very similar to the old system. Do you see my dilemma? 

As I've said before (no one seems to payed attention to it). You're previous comments lead others to believe you don't give two S#&$s about the others who like it. Which is why your suggestion is too extreme.