Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody Finding Argon Crystals? If So, Where?

FierceRadiance

Question

I just spent about 4 hours hunting them in various places including several Void missions, and we came away absolutely empty-handed.  I understand RNG, I'm just wanting to make sure that we were just unlucky, and it isn't some kind of U14 bug.

If you are getting them, where have you had luck?

12 answers to this question

About a week ago, I ran a T2 Exterminate, Capture, and Mobile Defense to see if loot rooms still exist (findings: they hardly do) and I somehow ended up with 21 Argon Crystals. For some reason, they never showed up as resource drops (as yellow pickups or text) and only showed up on the end-game reward screen, so you still might find some even if you don't see one drop.

So, my advice is to just run a few of those mission types, open any lockers you find along the way, and just see if you get any crystals at the end.

Trust me, you have a better chance of finding an argon crystal than finding a Kubrow egg. 

With Kubrow eggs I lost count at 42 Earth extermination missions with at least 4 Kubrow dens each run, no eggs.

Gave up and went all in with a Master Thief Nekros in the void with a few clan members. Three 40 minute T1 survival missions later I managed to yield 2 argon crystals (and one Loki Prime Chassis) . Still doesn't help that they show up like any other yellow resource pickup and you need to pay attention to the pick up text to know you got one. Than again, that's more or less why you bring friends along and have the ability to set waypoints.    

Trust me, you have a better chance of finding an argon crystal than finding a Kubrow egg. 

With Kubrow eggs I lost count at 42 Earth extermination missions with at least 4 Kubrow dens each run, no eggs.

Gave up and went all in with a Master Thief Nekros in the void with a few clan members. Three 40 minute T1 survival missions later I managed to yield 2 argon crystals (and one Loki Prime Chassis) . Still doesn't help that they show up like any other yellow resource pickup and you need to pay attention to the pick up text to know you got one. Than again, that's more or less why you bring friends along and have the ability to set waypoints.    

Got the egg after like 10 runs. I seriously feel like they need tiers to this RNG business. 

Just spent more than a half hour on a T1 Capture mission.  I soloed it so I could explore literally every last room in the place.  My final pickup count was over 1800 items found.  My math could be faulty, and perhaps I'm combining individual RNGs which are calculated separately, but my result would appear to make my effective RNG odds of getting a single Argon crystal to be somewhere below one thousand, eight hundred to one.

Those are pretty stiff odds, for something so necessary.  This smells of bug to me.