Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U14 Hidden Changes - Wall Run Boost + Ogris Explosion Range

Bushinji

Heyo guys,

is it just me or did they change those two things above? I can't seem to find them in the update notes.

Ogris' explosion range isn't that hurtful since I can see that it was pretty much killing an entire planet with one magazine...

But what about that boost you get from wall running?
If it is not clear what I mean by that:
Prior to U14 you where able to initialize a wall run and immediately jump off the wall, giving you an incredible speed boost horizontally and a bit vertically, but that vertical boost was crucial to reach lots and lots of points in the game without any Warframe-specific grappling hook/wings/portals/etc. Also it was a really great way to keep up with Zorencopter-Tennos.

I don't see why you should remove the wall run boost. It isn't hurting anyone, it doesn't look illogical, it doesn't seem like an exploit that's breaking the game (maybe sometimes it launches you above your destination but you could easily cancel the boost midair by crouching) and most of all: taking away mobility of this caliber and with that a really amazing and fun aspect of the game is always bad :|

So anyone else noticed this and do you think those should have been removed?

I noticed something else:

The damage of the penta seems extremely low. i struggle killing lvl 25 enemys with a fully modded 3 forma penta. There is just no damage anymore. 

I even reconfigured my loadout. 

Same here the Penta is very weak compared to pre patch . But it dosent surprise me ,  as i just forma it.

Typical my luck :/

But what about that boost you get from wall running?

If it is not clear what I mean by that:

Prior to U14 you where able to initialize a wall run and immediately jump off the wall, giving you an incredible speed boost horizontally and a bit vertically, but that vertical boost was crucial to reach lots and lots of points in the game without any Warframe-specific grappling hook/wings/portals/etc. Also it was a really great way to keep up with Zorencopter-Tennos.

I don't see why you should remove the wall run boost. It isn't hurting anyone, it doesn't look illogical, it doesn't seem like an exploit that's breaking the game (maybe sometimes it launches you above your destination but you could easily cancel the boost midair by crouching) and most of all: taking away mobility of this caliber and with that a really amazing and fun aspect of the game is always bad :|

So anyone else noticed this and do you think those should have been removed?

You'd be damned what can happen in Conclave with the infinite wall run.

I tried to use the vertical wallrun and crouch cancel technique to wallrun up a huge wall and it made me fall whenever I crouched, so they may have changed that too. 

Yea, they removed "infinite" wallrun which is a terrible decision.  That's been a core mechanic in many people's parkour skills for a very long time.

They changed something with the Heavy Gunners and Ancients. I was doing T3 Void and i was not able to onehit them with my Paris Prime anymore. They ate 2-3 Arrows until they died. Same thing like the penta. 

Another thing: Me and my Friend found somekind of a parcour room while doing T3 Cap. Also there was a message from an excalibur but he didn't said anything. he was just sitting there (same window that pops up if lotus talks to you)  is old

Edited by Gentlemoa

Yes they removed my favorite thing in the game :(

Extreme wall launch, I just can't reach the height I used too, all my shortcuts from every tile have been affected, NOT a good decision at all imo. 

DE should stop removing features of the game which the its community loves ;_; ...

To hell with logic and looks. You can make stuff look better but simply removing basic techniques is no way to solve a problem.

Try to play ODD with Mirage + Ogris + no Infinite Wall climb.

Be sure Mirage using her Hall of Mirror before shooting with Ogris and see what happen to your mates, players sentinel, and the pod.

Have fun :)

Edited by ZackNeutron

• 2 weeks later...

After testing the latest update (14.0.11), the horizontal boost from the wall run found its way back, though the vertical boost is still missing.

Prior to Update 14, depending on the angle you approached a wall to use the wall run boost, you could adjust high vertical boost:
If you had a sharp angle (approximately 10°) to the wall, you'd get minimum height, if your angle was about 60°, you'd get the maximum height.

Anyone else experiencing a similar gameplay?