Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have The Requirements For Unlocking Planets Changed?

Maledicte

Question

Like the topic says really.  I've lost Europa and Phobos despite having completely unlocked Jupiter and Mars previously.  I've also lost Neptune, I'd unlocked it but haven't completed all the Uranus missions yet, so don't know if that makes a difference.  Do I have to be a certain mastery level now for some planets or something?

13 answers to this question

Hmmm, you seem to get nav segments for planets once you kill a boss. Try killing the boss before the locked planets and inserting the nav segments received into the navigation area and see whether that unlocks one of the planets your missing.

In case you're looking for some logical system which the new starmap follows, don't.  As far as I know, there is none.  No planets connect to any other planets anymore.  I have no idea how this works, but it's kinda garbo, and fails the new player entirely.

I'll try killing some bosses then I guess.  I've picked up a few nav segments and not known what to do with them, but they're all for planets I already have anyway.

Yeah, the new starmap is awful compared to the old one.  Makes no sense whatsoever.

In case you're looking for some logical system which the new starmap follows, don't.  As far as I know, there is none.  No planets connect to any other planets anymore.  I have no idea how this works, but it's kinda garbo, and fails the new player entirely.

The only way for us to know how to unlock new planets is to make a new account and do the trial and error.

You're right, got the navigation segments and they're unlocked.  That's the sort of change you'd think they'd make some effort to make clearer.

Thanks.

How did you unlock Neptune and Uranus? I can't seem to figure it out.

I'm in the same boat as aaron940, I have killed every boss available to me but the Nav Segments to Neptune, Uranus, Eris, and Ceres have not dropped from anything.

You can get Neptune and Eris from Uranus. But I have no clue how the hell to get Uranus. I had to taxi there. No one in region is answering my questions. I simply just want to know where I can get Uranus so I can get Ash. I've had just about enough of this, I've been trying all night and there's been no hints at all.

According to the wiki - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nav_Segment

The Uranus Nav Segment is supposed to drop from Alad V on Jupiter along with the Saturn Nav Segment. However, it's bugged and only drops the Saturn Nav Segment. I've reported it in the Bug Megathread but I'm not sure how far that'll go.

It's very frustrating. I want to progress and unlock the rest of the planets, but once again a bug ruins my experience with this update :(

Like the topic says really.  I've lost Europa and Phobos despite having completely unlocked Jupiter and Mars previously.  I've also lost Neptune, I'd unlocked it but haven't completed all the Uranus missions yet, so don't know if that makes a difference.  Do I have to be a certain mastery level now for some planets or something?

I am very new, I started a couple days before GU14.  I had lots of planets available, well at least more, pre Update. In addition to being new I don't know how to get more planets available and I need nanospores.  (and other stuff).   Cool game, just strange how much I 'lost' in the span of a couple days of play

I killed every boss available and didn't unlock Europa and Uranus. I have all the other planets.

But for some reason the boss on Sedna will not drop the nav-segment for Uranus, and the boss on Phobos will not drop the nav-segment for Europa.

I've killed the bosses at least 20 times each now.

Where can I get support? :(

I'm quite sure I had some of these planets prior to one of the updates

This thread on the Wiki about planets seems to have an updated Planet unlock order:  (I bleieve this was in the U15 patch notes too)

Nav Segment locations have been altered. Killing the bosses of the following planets will issue you the listed Nav Segment:

• Mercury Boss – Mars and Venus
  • Venus Boss – Jupiter
  • Mars Boss – Saturn
  • Jupiter Boss – Sedna
  • Saturn Boss – Phobos
  • Phobos Boss – Europa
  • Sedna Boss – Uranus
  • Europa Boss - Neptune
  • Uranus Boss – Eris
  • Neptune Boss – Ceres & Pluto

Are the boss zones for those maps covered with an invasion or Infestation?  That's the only way (outside of a bug I suppose) that they would not give the normal boss/nav segment drop.

Edited by ZenBlade01