Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impaling Weapons, Whats Up With Their Damage?

someguy216

With weapons that fire spikes that impale enemies to walls, the pistols and rifle, both do absurd damage. Ive never used these weapons before so maybe everytime ive seen someone with these weapons they just happened to have 200% damage mods on their weapons but if not i have a feeling the damage on these weapons needs to be reduced.

Because they have innate armor piercing..

It's this, they all but ignore the damage reduction given by armor and dish out decent to high damage. The balancing factor comes from their low velocity. (Note that my personal opinion on the weapons are not going to be shown due to me not owning any of them)

It's this, they all but ignore the damage reduction given by armor and dish out decent to high damage. The balancing factor comes from their low velocity. (Note that my personal opinion on the weapons are not going to be shown due to me not owning any of them)

What's the point of armor penetration if it is not ignoring the armor?

I don't know if it only works on host, like the paris, but elemental damage does not seem to stack on my akbolto's, hornet works fine however. I feel it is balanced to do travel time + decreased range on most pistols however.

You misunderstand me, the term "All but" is a coined phrase meaning "If not exactly, then close"

Long story short, it does penetrate armor, in fact, the penetration almost ignores armor completely.

haha you got me

I love those penetration anyway

Love the Paris vs grineer. Its absolute crap vs all infected except maybe the ancients if you get headshots.

My paris tends to one shot most infected but your right its slow refire rate means you can get overwelmed if you dont play smart.