Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting A Rank 10 Mod

IronSight

Question

Hi folks, I'm trying to figure out the best way to max a few mods, specifically Serration, Hornet Strike, Redirection and Vitality. The math is pretty simple, If you want a rank X of a mod, you need 2 for rank 1, 4 for rank 2, 8 for rank 3... 2^(X) for rank X. So if I want a rank 10 of any of these mods, I need 1024 duplicates, 2048 same-polarity, or 4096 different polarity or some combination thereof maintaining the 1:2:4 ratio. Wow. I've been playing a week and a half and I have found maybe 1k mods total, and I've not been rushing. Since they're Uncommons, their base price is 500, so assuming all duplicates, that's 512K credits too. Wowza!

Did this used to be cheaper? What's the most economical way to fuse a rank 10 mod?

12 answers to this question

Now if only that math worked. It takes 2 for rank 1, 4 for rank 2, and then everything seems to go out the window, because 2 rank 2s does not give you a rank 3.

I know.

Also, I have no rank 10 mods and I have no interest in getting any that high. I have my vitality and redirection ~half way levelled, and I don't need more, that mod space is better spent on flow, power efficiency, power damage, etc.

Edited by dunvi

I would say right now it's impossible to get a Rank 10 mod without buguse or glitching.

Every Rank 10 currently out there is either from directly after Update 7 release where prices where bugged for Rare 10 (Update 6 mods) fusion cores so a Rank 10 mod would cost less than 100k from 0-10 or made from "claim & exit" duplicate buguse where you could get hundrets of mods out of a endless defense mission.

I have 30 hours of gameplay ( 4 days ) and i assure you it is not impossible of making a level 10 mod... with time ( i already have 3 level 8 and one level 9 , no glitchies no bugs, just luck and much ingame money). Of course i havent one level 10 yet, but at this rate, i will got it soon enough!

You must have had a lot of credits (optimally, 102200 * 3 + 204600 * 1 = 511200 cr in 30 hours). I've made that much (well, almost; ~450k in 55 hrs), but I spent it on weapons and warframes.

In terms of damage, it seems much more cost and time effective to max out 2-3 elemental to rank 5 (AP + fire and/or electrical), serration/hornet strike to about rank 5-6, and multishot to 5, which is the route I've gone, since I don't have half a million cr or 1250 (*2 for optimal cost) mods.

For comparison, instead of 3x rank 8s and 1x rank 9, you could have 1x level 8 and 1x rank 10 (or 40 rank 5 mods of the same rarity) in terms of cost/effort. Which says to me it would take you approximately 25 hours of effort to get 1x rank 10 mod (from starting); a significant undertaking which is not justified by the additional 16-23% dps increase over a rank 6-7 serration. I guess for pistols it might be since it's 37-57% dps increase. In the meantime, I think I'm just going to put the thought aside until I have a ridiculous amount of time to farm for mods and money or the system gets tweaked.

I've been playing for about two weeks now and I have a rank 10 redirection. It took a lot of money and a lot of fusion core 5s, but it didn't feel like as much as you are saying. I didn't do the math or keep track of what it took, but just keep pumping all your fusion cores into it.

The fusion core 5s are really the ones that give you a big boost.

Now to get my Hornet Strike to 10, currently at 8.

I feel that these number are to high, I think there should be a freeze when you get to a certain number of cards/ fusion cores to upgrade.

Say something like 1/2/4/8/8/8/8/8 etc. or anything of this sorts

That way it's not that easy to upgrade your card but it is reasonable.