Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breaking The 25/50/75/100 Monotony.

neKroMancer

One thing that really bother me for a while is the power design. All frame share a similarity in powers' energy tier which are 25/50/75/100. Why don't we have a 25/25/25/25 or 50/50/50/50 frame in the game?

Now I have almost all frames in my arsenal, I don't see why should powers be restricted to the tier system. For players who like to cast, 25-50 energy per cast is just about right since it allows some spamming freedom. I don't need anything flashy like AOE ultimate. A less potent power with more utility would be a viable alternative design, imo.

What do you think? Should we have frame with lower energy consumption with utility>damage?

Edit:

after reading a few comments, I see that my post is inadequately express my intent. My first intent is "should all frames have ultimates"? Ultimates are very situational. If we have more useful 25/50 power, we may not have to use it at all.

My second intent is "Can we have more diverse power design which involve utility more than damage"? We don't have power which slow the enemy down en mass, we don't have power that lower enemies' armor, we don't have power which push/stun mobs at medium range to prevent them from ganging us, etc.

I know that there are a few variations in energy tier. However, they don't truely break the norm in trem of design. Most of them were lowered from the original to balance the power usage. Original Ash's smokescreen cost higher than 35 and original super jump cost 50.

Edited by neKroMancer

quite a few frames have variations actually

its not as strict as you think

frost is 25/50/50/100 despite it saying 75 when you cast globe

ash is 25/35/25/100

banshee is 25/100/25/100

etc

etc

for having all frames it appears you've just been ignoring the details of each

I agree. Idk if you have seen the livestream, but it has been confirmed that warframes will receive more powers in the distance future. So if you want to have a warframe with no ultimate, you can just replace the ultimate with a new one and still have 4 powers in your build.

Best thing at this point would be to do away with the energy system.

It encourages toxic play patterns, detracts from the overall enjoyment, makes balancing the abilities a nightmare, and places a ton of clutter on the ground.