The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Request] Zbrush - Tutorial

Pacheon

Hey there everybody.

I bought the "Pixologic ZBrush 4R6" for 388.15€ ($525), instead of the current prices. Pretty fair price.

Besides of this purchase, I wanted to model and tweak around the "Mesh/Object" scene.

I used to Photoshop, Illustrator, 3Ds Max Design and Modo. Take a look about my profile and click on the wallpaper, you will see some examples.

I always wanted a pretty 3D modelier tool (is it even called like that?). I watched some YouTube vids before, making the first impression about what this tool can handle of.

But, the "lessons" are kinda messed up, not pretty detailed and not resulting in proper 3D models (not what I am to imagine), or they are just winded up too fast with short messages and you cannot track the mouse where he is going to hit, nor where he did hit.

So, laffy taffy aside, does anyone know a great website showing tutorials, detailed, about "how to get into, how to use, how to refine, how to..." stuff? Would appreciate it. Thanks in adv.

Hey, hey!

I use to advice Gnomon school.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/

http://www.gnomonschool.com/

Some of them (teachers) are really dig deep into Zbrush system, so you can understand the possibilities of features: not how to get, use, refine and so on, but really how it works. So, if you already know so many apps you said, I think you alreay get the point how necessary this is. Even if you're purely artistic (not a math) kind of people, they will teach you pretty much of all common tricks and techniques you shoud know to go.

Believe me, it's not a advertisment. I did compare much educational stuff through years.

Inspire mate!

Cheers.

PS: For sure, the best knowledge you can get on educational section at pixologic.com and they provide just a great documentation in there as well.

Edited by Archorokin