Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, U14 Was Not Ready To Be Released, And A Suggestion For Future Updates .

SteelBeetle

lol everyone says you cant bring up its open beta, actually yes we can, that the point.

ive been in endless open and closed beta's and ive done 30 alpha's

im starting two more tomorrow.

but all this complaining needs to stop.

suggesting DE isn't doing their job is an insane statement.

im not sure what the majority if the fanbase expects or if they just cant handle everything not being perfect.

"chuckle" welcome to life if that's the case.

but moving on,

first of all, its impossible, and i mean impossible as it can never be done ever by humans.

to find and fix and solve every issues in a game, from bugs, crashes, errors and blocking ways to hack or cheat.

it just cant be done.

as the ways this can happen are endless and often the same bug can happen to many many people but not have the same source when it comes to the coding and deeper things like that.

example is there is bug that was nosgoth for long time but one simple thing for alot of people fixed it yet it remained for large group

perfection in a game is not possible to attain.

even triple A billion dollar games that have a company behind them has an endless amount of funds has games that have tons of errors, glitches, bugs, crashing and everything in between.

example BF 3 and 4,

the last 4 COD

gears of war 2 and 3 had it bad

many online fighting games have it bad still

tons of indie games.

both bastion and transistor have them still in ways

my point being is this is gaming, welcome to it.

and any game that isn't out of beta is always going to have alot.

hell even games way out of beta can have this.

this isn't a sure science, you cant possibly

find and fix it all, just not a doable task.

plus frankly the game is free, no right to ever complain there

this is what it means to play game still in beta and too many games even out of beta are alot worse then this.

this fanbase seems to expect an odd level of absolute perfection that frankly

has not

will not

nor is it even possible for it to exist in games that aren't way out of beta.

and yet if DE had held onto the update way longer a, all we would have it *@##$ing on that and guess what

if DE held 14 for two more years

the chances of bugs and things happening are still 100 percent there

most bugs cant even be found until they release it as that's the best way to find them.

frankly im very glad alpha's aren't easy to get into it.

id lose my mind trying to work on alpha's with 98 percent of this fanbase.

it makes me wonder how they go through life.

do they lose their mind over spilled glass of milk?

it sure seem that way.

there is reason the saying is no use in crying over spilled milk.

i think alot of this community needs to either grow up and understand technology isn't perfect and understand how hard it actually is to make game at all and have it work.

and that DE is doing a very good job. ive seen far far worse.

considering their game is also free to play.

if they cant,

frankly id rather they leave, seeing as they bring nothing to the table but pointless crying and whining when something didn't make isn't perfect that they didn't have to pay for unless they wanted things super easy or had extra cash just sitting around.

i mean really.

its rather immature.

its why i keep going away from this game.

the community both here and in region chat it seems is 98 percent whining and crying,

people that seem like they lose it over the simplest of things in life and who when their called out on in

scream and $#*(@ more.

frankly its just vexing to the point of these people ruin this game.

in short. 98 percent of this fanbase for the game needs to either grow up.

or kindly F*** off. your really not wanted here if this all you bring.

better to have small fanbase of decent people then a large fanbase of A******s and jerks who cry for every details not understanding how hard making game even work at all is.

this is all i have to say on the matter

Well, in the event that you really have a comprehension disability, let me push my point across clearer.

Bugs in a game are obviously going to be there, no such thing as a perfect game. That's why we have a feedback corner labeled bugs. My take is that when you release a product for public consumption, it should at least function, not perfectly duh but not broken to the point of game breaking frustration (vor's prize questline disabiling your ability to play the game). And if you are going to shove it to the masses, at least put in some effort at alleviating the frustration of really broken stuff. U14 felt like DE didn't even bother to test what they wrote, threw up their hands and sent it for public use. That in itself paints a really bad picture for development team. Since you are a brilliant dude, go think this over or not and get back to the 'immature entitled bullS#&$ finger pointing' at other people.

Also, good for you for being such an awesome beta tester. Maybe you can give DE more help with them not breaking their game and frustrating players, like be patient with announcements and don't put proverbial foot in mouth. While you are at it, may as well get some wax for your cross or whatever. Game development is hard, not saying it is easy, what I am saying is get your stuff sorted out before you throw your responsibilities at your consumers.

Also, it's not really free. Go kid yourself about free lunches in the world.

TLDR Not asking for bugless game, doesn't exist.

Edited by Tubercle1801

Do they? I think getting volunteers from the Design Council members (and primarily the Founders) to help beta test the upcoming features would be a great start in insuring a better update release, with restrictions of NDAs applied of course.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, and it's one I've seen being thrown around a lot lately. A dedicated server for design council playtesting would be nice, but even then there are some bugs (loading lag, massive sessions) that can only be properly discovered when you have thousands of people playing at once. Even if people say it's not really a beta anymore, we are still technically beta testers.