Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decreased Mission Xp Reports.

ArgonTheFox

Before U14, I could get a weapon from 1 to 30 in 2 hours, maximum. However, since U14, ive noticed the xp I gain per mission has been massively reduced. To the point where ive been leveling the same weapon for upwards of 6 hours, and its not even level 20.

I won't go on, because im absolutely furious, words literally cannot describe how angry I am. Just the thought of the amount of time ive literally wasted because of this xp nerf is enraging.

Before U14, I could get a weapon from 1 to 30 in 2 hours, maximum. However, since U14, ive noticed the xp I gain per mission has been massively reduced. To the point where ive been leveling the same weapon for upwards of 6 hours, and its not even level 20.

I won't go on, because im absolutely furious, words literally cannot describe how angry I am. Just the thought of the amount of time ive literally wasted because of this xp nerf is enraging.

Oh for the love of.

Are you that angry that you have to play a bit more to level up your weapon?

And then people complain that they get bored with nothing to do after leveling up everything.

Eximus exp drop from 4.5k to 900. It was obviously going to get nerf although I hate that it was actually gutted.

Leech less. Go actually grind now. Unranked weapon leechers in Sechura was the joke.

Saturn Survival or Void run. That's how you quick grind now beacuse Grineers are derpy and give good exp *bombard, Napalm and Heavy gunner) without requiring super gears.

Edited by Zeitzbach

ive always found it was far to easy, you could literally just get a new weapon, new frame, new everything and just take your buddies and as long as one of your has an halfway mixed ogris.

not even counting potato.

you can do an ODD and leave in an hour and max out brand new frame or weapon in one sitting, it takes barely an hour, frankly that seems kinda well far to easy.

also consider the fact, over all mastery past rank 8 means nothing and really means nothing anyone except how much stuff you have maxed out.

only one frame is xp locked at all and very few weapons, the last of them being unlocked at rank 8, with what another 5 or 6 left,

and any rank leading up to xp lock rank meaningless as well.

i don't see how this is bad thing considering that overall rank is meaningless unless your doing it for the achievement in which case, you should need to put in some effort.

its far to easy when a group of 4 buddies can rock all new gear except an ogris that doesn't even need to be close to max, hell it can be brand new and then run an ODD for an hour and leave max out everything in on hour. that they just got.?

where is  the challenge in that?

Oh for the love of.

And then people complain that they get bored with nothing to do after leveling up everything.

Yes, I am angry. The time waste is insanity, whats the point of nerfing something, just to produce a time waste? Its boring having to level the same weapon constantly for dozens of hours. The beauty of this game is that I can cycle through weapons as I please, now I have to spend days trying to level a weapon I may or may not like for mastery. Its ok if its a weapon I enjoy, but its literally soul-destroying if I don't enjoy it.

its far to easy when a group of 4 buddies can rock all new gear except an ogris that doesn't even need to be close to max, hell it can be brand new and then run an ODD for an hour and leave max out everything in on hour. that they just got.?

where is  the challenge in that?

Theres a difference between a challenge and making things long winded. The infestation faction buff is challenging, and therefore fun, this is time consuming and long winded, therefore not fun.

. The beauty of this game is that I can cycle through weapons as I please, now I have to spend days trying to level a weapon I may or may not like for mastery. Its ok if its a weapon I enjoy, but its literally soul-destroying if I don't enjoy it.

Is that truly necessary when the content is capped at MR 8? It's like saying that you want to level your character to 99 when the strongest monster in the game is level 15.

Is that truly necessary when the content is capped at MR 8? It's like saying that you want to level your character to 99 when the strongest monster in the game is level 15.

Why not? Ill tone it down after getting Rank 8, because like you said, theres no more content after Rank 8. Im mainly angry that its going to take me literally months to get Rank 8 now, whereas before U14, it would've only took 6 weeks, maximum.

THEN DON'T USE IT.

It is that simple.

It's like you want to feel the pain and get angry. 

Because I want to progress in the game. It seems my take on the objective of this game aggravates you.

Oh for the love of.

They get bored because there's nothing else to do, and after a while the mindless grinding gets to everyone but the most valiant white-knights who insist everything within the game is fine. 

There's also quite a few trash weapons players are going to need to level to get outside of rank 8. It's naive to think DE is going to stop making higher mastery content, especially with as much as the rest of the community keeps begging for it so all the people who've managed to reach the highest mastery rank due to unobtainable exclusives can have something else to brag over. 

The Quests as we have them now are a step in the right direction, we'll need to see where DE takes it from there. 

As it stands though we still have nothing but time/grind walls. Waiting for things to build and grinding the same area over and over for the chance to not get a shiny item and that being the entire game isn't actual content. Re-skinning that as a quest with a time-wall isn't innovative. 

I'm not saying it's a necessity to get beyond MR8, but in foresight it's probably going to be a requirement to access more content later on, and the path to doing so is filled with horrible weapons people are going to need for mastery fodder. 

Nerfing XP gain to some degree (I haven't been paying attention and have been running 30'd out gear for the most part) is going to make the grind for Forma'ing gear and maxing trash weapons that much more monotonous, 

What I have noticed as of U14 is that oxygen pods don't drop off enemies as often, making longer runs harder unless you have a Nekros mashing 3 the entire time, which in turn makes running Survs without him shorter, which in turn cuts back on the potential XP gain. 

to be fair most wpns we either lvl to 30 and bin or we lvl to 30 and forma it 4-6x in a row, it feels like a neverending chore, it can be a pita, tho i cant say ive noticed any difference yet, maybe the OP can mention how or more importantly where hes grinding.

Edited by Methanoid

they must have altered the ratio of xp that goes to your frame and to the weapons.

I did notice my machete was leveling terribly slowly. Hope they change that back, but I'm absolutely sure it will only get worse.

Oh for the love of.

Because everyone on the internet is one person and has the same opinion.

And 10 times as long is not a "bit more". Your perspective is skewed to hell

I feel ya bro.  I had 40 weapons in the foundry pre-U14.  Now I pulled one out and it took me the entire day to level it.  It was possibly the most boring experience I've felt playing the game since I've started.

Edited by xNegikunx

I feel ya bro.  I had 40 weapons in the foundry pre-U14.  Now I pulled one out and it took me the entire day to level it.  It was possibly the most boring experience I've felt playing the game since I've started.

Ya. Before U14, it actually used to be quite relaxing leveling up weapons, because I got to progress in the game, on my favourite missions, Kadesh and Sinai, and it used to be good fun, now its slave labour.

Lots of OP hate around here, but I don't think reducing player gains on the fly is actually positive. Especially when it's just extending a time wall with nothing else added in there.

Extending the grind is not adding content.

Seriously DE,

You know I wouldn't be as mad if most weapons were complete garbage until level 20, especially without a potato.

But making us spend 10 times as long as previously are you serious. If you're going to pull crap like that, it should've been from the beginning. Not now, when everyone is comfortable where it is. First the Kubrow BS with the DNA stabilizers and loyalty, and then this.

There were some good points about U14 but there is a whole lot of BS that doesn't belong. I seriously hope this EXP thing is a bug.

The problem is leveling up isn't really that fun. All your trying to do during that time is just push through the grind so you can finally get it to Rank 30, place mods on it, possibly potato it, but mostly will fall into just getting the leveling out of the way so you can see how it test it's worth.

From that, you either keep it or throw it away. Maybe even keep it for a bit then trash it for another frame.

Problem is that we hardly last long during the leveling phase...I mean did this help with that issue but just made the game look even more like a grindy game. Were gonna have to make leveling fun while also having it be long, or else we aren't gonna have a good time. That would have to start with content not in the void and improving how we level-up.

Other rpgs have it where you will last a really long time with your character but with Warframe, you spend such little time in the level up phase.