Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May The B!lch Slapping Begin!

BiancaRoughfin

I dont know if anyone else here noticed but infested missions now have become insanely hard when dealing with groups of Ancients.

Every now and then before U14, there were times where we players would be caught by Ancients and get literaly *@##$slapped from one to the other, unable to stand until dead or having to spam some skill that would give us more time to react. Now, not only do we have that same issue to take caution on but its also become easyer for Ancients to catch us and *@##$slap us to death. I have no clue where DE staff was with their minds when they through about implementing an hability similar to the Scorpion's hook to the Infested Ancients but it shure doesnt smell nice when i try thinking of it.

Now, Ancient Infesteds can grab you from afar and then slap you towards another or others can pull you in their direction right after you just got slapped and you havent got a minor chance of escaping, that when your not getting fart bombed by Infested Drones wile on the grown or pulled against a group of Toxic Ancients to burn your skin off. Disruption Ancients now have an easy feast on our shields and energy becouse for some reason it seems the proc chance of their attacks is 100% when your downed and they do combo by pulling you then slapping you.

I just came out of Sechura where i normal rank up my new stuff and the Ancients were pulling me the whole time, even using Mirror Wall from Mirage and i was also getting comboed by evey one of them before being dragged to another that hadnt been killed or interrupted!

DE! GET RID OF THOSE HOOKS FROM THE ANCIENTS!

Why not add some countermeasures? For example, if you hit melee in time, you'll cut of Ancients tentacle and be free.

The grab range seems to be ridiculous now. I can't even see an Ancient and it's already dragging me in.

I'd rather they re-add the sprinting slap... the current one is WAY to slow, and I don't feel threatened at ALL against infested now...

Volatile runners now deal damage with explosions again, adn can stagger me, so I did have a bidg smile when I was clotheslined by a runner right after I got staggerd, I can't believe how much I missed that xD

There are mods to help prevent the knockdown

Which many have allready mentioned as bandaid mods which nobody should be forced to use in order to overcome an annoying gameplay element. It's also why DE is currently considering giving us a handspring mechanic that allows us to recover more quickly from knockback manualy.

So pointing out that Healing Ancients now being able to use the Scorpion hook is very annoying to some players is a legit complainment.

I would much rather prefer being be able to shoot off the Ancients "arm" (hookline) than having to install an anti-knockback mod.

I dont know if anyone else here noticed but infested missions now have become insanely hard when dealing with groups of Ancients.

Every now and then before U14, there were times where we players would be caught by Ancients and get literaly *@##$slapped from one to the other, unable to stand until dead or having to spam some skill that would give us more time to react. Now, not only do we have that same issue to take caution on but its also become easyer for Ancients to catch us and *@##$slap us to death. I have no clue where DE staff was with their minds when they through about implementing an hability similar to the Scorpion's hook to the Infested Ancients but it shure doesnt smell nice when i try thinking of it.

Now, Ancient Infesteds can grab you from afar and then slap you towards another or others can pull you in their direction right after you just got slapped and you havent got a minor chance of escaping, that when your not getting fart bombed by Infested Drones wile on the grown or pulled against a group of Toxic Ancients to burn your skin off. Disruption Ancients now have an easy feast on our shields and energy becouse for some reason it seems the proc chance of their attacks is 100% when your downed and they do combo by pulling you then slapping you.

I just came out of Sechura where i normal rank up my new stuff and the Ancients were pulling me the whole time, even using Mirror Wall from Mirage and i was also getting comboed by evey one of them before being dragged to another that hadnt been killed or interrupted!

DE! GET RID OF THOSE HOOKS FROM THE ANCIENTS!

WELL how about actually killing them BEFORE they come to you?? i think that's what you're supposed to do since they kill you in 2 hits either way.

DE time and time again tries to remove fun from this game and it is a reminders for me to never get hooked on a beta game because they constantly change everything for the worst...

Oh, look, another person who assumes that DE hates the game/wants to remove all fun in the game when they introduce a change that you don't like...

Guest Tehnoobshow

No it is not. Read the update notes for U14, under the Infested Faction Changes list.

Oh sorry, but there was a thing in the Bug Megathread about pulling as well. It must have been something else then.

Oh sorry, but there was a thing in the Bug Megathread about pulling as well. It must have been something else then.

I think what was meant there was that the Ancients are supposed to do damage with a pull instead of the harmless Scorpion-type pull.

WELL how about actually killing them BEFORE they come to you?? i think that's what you're supposed to do since they kill you in 2 hits either way.

How about you learn to read and interpretate before posting?

They dont come for the players anymore, they drag players to them with their hooks and when your at their feet they slap you and you are then dragged by another approaching ancient.