Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crouch Wallclimb

I just found out it doesn't work anymore, and under the effects of my current emotion I ask, I plead:

Please bring back the crouch climb aka. infinite wall climb.

Some people got used to it so much it became their main method of vertical movement. It saved lives when someone was 2 cm away from the top of a cliff, it helped take shortcuts (aren't Tenno about fast movement/parkour?), it was fun to climb like that in the dojo. It was FUN.

Now, using my Valkyr, I found out I can't do it anymore, clanmates confirmed it. It just happened to result in a teammate's death, who happened to be on a ledge just a tiny bit higher than I had calculated. Crouchclimb would've made me able to reach him in time and not drop the whole way down.

I know this game's about realistic physics (?), but this climbing method was actually of the few extraordinary features that provided entertainment and use. Please unnerf it.

Edited by Guest

Bugs get removed.

So..

Dealwithit.png

Look into my eyes and say that again.

This game is so full of way more significant bugs that hinder gameplay that I'd run out of keyboard ink to describe them. Crouchclimb is nothing compared to those bugs. Plus, it was a harmless bug, so I really don't see a reason for it to get removed.

Just "Wall kick" your way up :T

I practiced that little thing even with the infinite wallclimb. the only hard pard is setting your camera properly when you turn it before starting the next climb. It's not hard. Heck, I'm better at wall kicks than I am at the infinite wallclimb. personally, I Like that it's gone. my clanmates used to rag on me so much for doing "The hard thing" and wall kicking my way up. they haven't spoken to me since they found out they can't do the climb anymore, although I did sear one of them mention that they're going to eventually ask me how to do it.

It's not hard at all, just be fast, and accurate.

Look into my eyes and say that again.

This game is so full of way more significant bugs that hinder gameplay that I'd run out of keyboard ink to describe them. Crouchclimb is nothing compared to those bugs. Plus, it was a harmless bug, so I really don't see a reason for it to get removed.

From player's perspective, it isn't

From design's perspective, it's a huge issue. Anyone that used to code and make game for an assignment in the past would know the pain of having this kind of bugs in their game. You have to fix them or everything on paper will be thrown away.

Bugs slowly get removed. Just because this one got it first doesn't mean the other won't as well.

From player's perspective, it isn't

From design's perspective, it's a huge issue. Anyone that used to code and make game for an assignment in the past would know the pain of having this kind of bugs in their game. You have to fix them or everything on paper will be thrown away.

Bugs slowly get removed. Just because this one got it first doesn't mean the other won't as well.

To add to this, the inf vertical wall climb basically broke any sort of challenge to parkour. Like the challenge rooms in the void, especially the circular one with the ledge at the top. You could just wall run up high enuff and then melee attack towards the ledge. 

Some people got used to it so much it became their main method of vertical movement. It saved lives when someone was 2 cm away from the top of a cliff

if you fit the Rush mod, you wallclimb higher (faster frames, loki/etc climb higher than others already) and can reach those ledges, very useful/noticable in ODD and the likes if your a penta/ogris abuser.

If it is a tad bit too high, try this: Slide, then a metre or so away from the wall, press jump to launch yourself and flip forward towards the wall. When you hit the wall, start wallrunning. This means your wallrun starts later, so your wallrun will also end later, meaning you should be able to reach the top.

First: currently, deal with it.gif

Second: To all the idiots saying "Bugs gotta be fixed", well first fix the bugs that hold the gameplay back and have a bad effect on it, then fix bugs that are sort of an improvement to the play and has no bad influence on gameplay what so ever.

EDIT: Don't start QQing at me and go all like "Oh you're violating the rules and exploiting shet" Don't bullS#&$ me and tell me you never used this thing, and this has ZERO influence on you, even on me, it's just me getting some extra climb, does that ruin the game entirely? No, falling of the map does, getting stuck on a point in the map does, stuck doors do, bad host migration does.

Edited by -CM-Hunter

Okay, those saying "bug get removed at some point".. Yes, I do agree with you, but still I do wonder, why is it the fun bugs that get squished first? The bugs that gave gameplay an extra spice without negatively affecting it? 

Like, right now I've noticed that DE added a TON of invisible walls and lowered the skybox. There used to be a high spot in a defense map where I liked to hang out, shoot from there safely, just Rip Line my way to it and come back to stay on the move. Now I can't. There's a huge invisible wall in my face right where there's supposed to be a ledge.

So here's my question: Why don't we just turn this game into a strict "Do this, do that, with these limitations" kind of game without any sort of improvistaion, dynamics and literal 'out of the box' action? A straight from A to B kind of game. Cause that's FUN right? 

(Still remembering the day y'all closed the obviously open ceiling in the second stage of Lephantis. The day all Zephyrs and Novas whimpered. Where's the bloody logic. You make an aerial frame to ground her?)

Many months in awaiting the removal of that exploit.

Why is it bothering you so much? Did someone copter past you and steal your girlfriend or something?

Edited by Guest

Well, while I do realise it is a glitch and removing it is normal for DE(L) (after all, they are trying to make a complete game with the least number of bugs/glitches as possible), why not then incorporate it with the current wall-climb? Some members suggested using a wall-grab to stop themselves, stay on the wall and regain stamina, which would actually deepen parkour movement.

Why is it bothering you so much? Did someone copter past you and steal your girlfriend or something?

Haha thankfully no, though "coptering past" a speed-modded Loki remains relevant.  The fact that a coptering rhino with cumulative shields and health surpassing 1300-1500 can outpace a speed-modded loki with little more than 225 shields and 225 health does not make sense with me.  This speed disparity is one thing among possibly many (that I can't quite recall to mind...) that completely shatters the class differences between even the more extreme of Warframes, what with the tank/bruiser being able to at least keep pace or outpace the innately faster glass cannons or manipulators.  Nova and Loki come to mind, respectively.

Whilst I know that the "class differences" amongst the Tenno is thin at best, it does exist to a degree, setting frames apart from one another and delegating basic roles that best fit each frame.  Without this uniqueness, there would be little need for a wide variety of frames.  And while I do support player creativity in modding a frame to maximize its effectiveness in its base roles or to create a new role with more limited effectiveness, coptering is an external aid/exploit that has little bearing on the frame using it, pushing a frame towards a role that it was never meant for.  In this way, heavier frames could and do potentially outperform other lighter frames whose roles have been taken over by a slower frame using an external speed boost.

This external crutch of speedy coptering is partly why I think so many people still play regular Rhino and why the speed-boosting Arcane Vanguard helmet, while technically being a legitimate build component, has become such a hit as players realized the advantage of speed.  Its Prime has a base sprint speed rivaling that of midweights, a design decision I have yet to understand.

Edited by DalaiLlama

I was about to make a thread on this. I was under the impression this was a feature, It made sense that we could do this.

Rant wherein I get carried away and pull a little off topic.
There are flaws in my argument for sure, but this is how I feel, and even if my arguments are flawed, how you make your player base feel is important, and I want you to see that.

As elite space ninjas, we're slowly getting nerfed by the game. If you played in closed beta you'd know that you used to be able to plow through enemies like it was no big deal, and it was only when you got mobbed by heavies and smaller guys that it got hard, whereas now you can be taken out by a single crewman if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. We're slowly getting our space ninja status pulled from us. we used to be feared throughout the system and now we can't even climb walls? We're just a bunch of dudes running around in funny looking suits now. Mobility is one of the biggest features in the game, one of the biggest pushes away from any other game that is out there, the freedom in mobility. It's not like there's only certain walls we can run on or certain bars to grab and swing from like all other games, if there's a wall, you are tenno. You're supposed to be able to climb it.

A more sensible more thought out version where I make valid arguments
So this game is about Space Ninjas. Hell the slogan is "Ninjas Play Free" - (Gonna be honest, I try to avoid that slogan when I pitch the game to friends. It could do with a re-vamp) But yet our wallruns can only go 5 meters? I have friends that can do better than that IRL, depending on the surface. If a human can out-parkour a tenno, something is wrong here. I mean, if we want to get into realistic physics, well, go to a different game. How does the glaive come back? Magnets? If so, can we not use the same tech to stick to walls? Is it the issue of running out of stamina? Because when I stop being able to wallrun 10/10 times I still have 9/10ths of my stamina, and yet I can also wallrun the same distance while I'm out of stamina, so it's not even related to stamina.

I think just like coptering, this is a very important feature that the game feels empty without. Coptering was put back in because the fans loved it. Well the fans love the wallrunning too. This is not a bug that causes you to do 5x damage, it's not even a bug that allows you to do 5 extra damage, it's a bug that lets you have a slightly easier time moving vertically in a game based off of parkour and ninjas. Personally, my dojo is all but ruined because I can't get to any of my platforms any more. Now you have to wait for the little elevators that spend 20 seconds going 5.1 meters because your wallrun caps out at 5

Imagine that. You're a grineer sitting up on a platform, and you see a tenno fly through underneith you killing everything in a matter of seconds. The tenno then walks over to the elevator and hits the "Down" button. As soon as it hits the bottom before they get on you hit the up button again, and congratulations, you've bested the systems greatest warriors and saved the rest of your crew because they couldn't climb the extra foot and had to wait for your damn elevator. I mean, the grineer can jump at least 30 meters when they want to, you could defeat the tenno by breaking your elevator and just jumping up and down off platforms.

And as for all of the people posting "Deal with it" maybe get a constructive argument, and I'll take you seriously. The devs removed this because they thought of it as a bug that people were exploiting, when the players were using it because they thought it was a feature. Everyone I talked to always thought it was. It doesn't seem buggy to me. Sure it's a little unrealistic, but as soon as you say that you also have to take into consideration the fact that the glaive magically returns to you, or that you can somehow break science with 9/10 warframe abilities, or that you're actually sitting in front of a computer screen and none of this is real because you have no form of willing suspension of disbelief. It fits with this game, to the point where only a few thought it was a bug. Hell I was pretty sure it was in the codex as a maneuver for a while.

If you turn your camera, you cna hit the wall behind you while sprinting, and extend your running up teh wall that way.

you can't even tell me it's hard, because my Little brother who uses a *CONTROLLER* figured out how to do it in about 15 seconds after I told him about it. He can do it perfectly almost every time, barring the one odd camera flick that causes a horizontal wall run. This is a case of something being taken out, that, honestly, wasn't needed in the first place. I never saw it as a feature, adn when I found out about it, I was used to wall-kicks from mario, S4, Prince of Persia, and even one free game I played at one point, I forget the name.

It's not hard to just turn your camera, and continue the wall run when you wall-kick off.

sorryno

learn to wallrun

It is now to my knowledge impossible to wallrun higher than your initial few meters unless there is a wall directly behind you, which is a rare instance. If you can show me how to do it otherwise, I'm all ears, but the places where you can wallrun more than a few meters are few and far between.