Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crouch Wallclimb

If you turn your camera, you cna hit the wall behind you while sprinting, and extend your running up teh wall that way.

you can't even tell me it's hard, because my Little brother who uses a *CONTROLLER* figured out how to do it in about 15 seconds after I told him about it. He can do it perfectly almost every time, barring the one odd camera flick that causes a horizontal wall run. This is a case of something being taken out, that, honestly, wasn't needed in the first place. I never saw it as a feature, adn when I found out about it, I was used to wall-kicks from mario, S4, Prince of Persia, and even one free game I played at one point, I forget the name.

It's not hard to just turn your camera, and continue the wall run when you wall-kick off.

Yes, we've all been doing that since we were little excaliburs, the issue is when there's not a wall behind you, which is most of the time wallrunning is useful.

I miss my wall running.  It is my opinion that it was done because of the exploit capability in ODD missions.  It is a lot harder (for most frames) to sit up and launch rockets now (and go down and loot). 

Actually its a bit tricky but even an unmodded frost can wallrun onto the pillars in ODD missions without using any bugs or exploits.

Coptering was confirmed to be "A feature now" in a devstream.

Not that DE ever follows some logic when doing stuff.

If I recall all that was said was that they liked it. Said by DE Drew(tsk) still haven't seen any of the BOSS PLAYAS say anything definitive. Steve seemed to like it which makes me sad a bit. I did hear SHELDON PRIME and Drew I think say that they can't play without it or some such crazy talk

I'm still hopeful that common sense will prevail and coptering is removed. Its an exploit and a massive fake skill inflater, like a baseball player on steroids.

Just do it naturally, babycakes

Yes, we've all been doing that since we were little excaliburs, the issue is when there's not a wall behind you, which is most of the time wallrunning is useful.

"Most of the time it's useful"

I've ONLY ever had it be useful getting into areas of teh void withcontainers and capsules >.> ODD? I use Nyx, and Vauban can bounce onto a pillar. Seriously, you can get EVERYWHERE that's off teh beaten path with EVERY Warframe, I've even watched a frost do a very tricky run to get to a tucked-up, outta the way area in an ODE. If you're having trouble getting somewhere, stop rushing, slow down, and think about the terrain. I promise you, if you did that, you'd realize there's a LOT more than one way to get to those places.

I can tell you this: I can do it with Vauban, reach almost everywhere in the void, without using Bounce. I've seen Frost able to do it. Sure, it may ahve been EASIER before, but it's still possible now, if you slow down and think about the problem. the Mobility is still there, you just have to apply it differently.

"Most of the time it's useful"

I've ONLY ever had it be useful getting into areas of teh void withcontainers and capsules >.> ODD? I use Nyx, and Vauban can bounce onto a pillar. Seriously, you can get EVERYWHERE that's off teh beaten path with EVERY Warframe, I've even watched a frost do a very tricky run to get to a tucked-up, outta the way area in an ODE. If you're having trouble getting somewhere, stop rushing, slow down, and think about the terrain. I promise you, if you did that, you'd realize there's a LOT more than one way to get to those places.

I can tell you this: I can do it with Vauban, reach almost everywhere in the void, without using Bounce. I've seen Frost able to do it. Sure, it may ahve been EASIER before, but it's still possible now, if you slow down and think about the problem. the Mobility is still there, you just have to apply it differently.

I have played ever mission in the game with a no-ability excalibur and a Skana. I've had to figure out how to take out every single camera and sensor bar in the game with melee. I know how to wallrun, and taking out at least five cameras just that I can think of right now is now impossible.

Now, take your entire argument and replace every time you say wallrun with copter, and it applies just as much, but they kept it because it was fun. Sure, some people didn't like it, but it makes it easier to get around, and it's fun. It makes sense for futuristic space ninjas with super powers to be able to climb walls. And if you think every area is accessible with every frame, as of now, you are wrong. Sorry. Sure, there's a lot of places where most people can't see how to get there when you actually can, but no. Sorry, there's some places you just can't get to.

Bugs get removed.

So..

Dealwithit.png

It was a harmless bug that actually improved the mobility of every frame. Now trying to get anywhere higher with slow frame like Frost is just a pain.

i don't see the reason behind removing it if they decided to leave coptering as it is (or even make it better with Melee 2.0 ).

Edited by Siekier

And as for all of the people posting "Deal with it" maybe get a constructive argument, and I'll take you seriously. 

Okay; it completely violates all teaching paradigms in gaming and has no depth that can be drawn from it's use. There is no issue of timing or execution the devs can use to include challenge in it's use to accomplish as part of reaching a goal. It's an antepiece without a corresponding challenge. Which makes it incomparable to coptering as it does have a corresponding challenge to it's interior antepiece, you can overshoot, fall into a pit and appear at the place you jumped from.

Edited by Zeful

Okay; it completely violates all teaching paradigms in gaming and has no depth that can be drawn from it's use. There is no issue of timing or execution the devs can use to include challenge in it's use to accomplish as part of reaching a goal. It's an antepiece without a corresponding challenge. Which makes it incomparable to coptering as it does have a corresponding challenge to it's interior antepiece, you can overshoot, fall into a pit and appear at the place you jumped from.

Thank you, was that so hard guys? This is how progress is made

So re-add it, but give it some sort of challange. Don't just make it tap control to continue, make it a bit more difficult. The point is we need some way to move vertically. I'm sure we could figure out something as a community

Look into my eyes and say that again.

This game is so full of way more significant bugs that hinder gameplay that I'd run out of keyboard ink to describe them. Crouchclimb is nothing compared to those bugs. Plus, it was a harmless bug, so I really don't see a reason for it to get removed.

Easier to fix bugs against harder to fix ones.

Actually its a bit tricky but even an unmodded frost can wallrun onto the pillars in ODD missions without using any bugs or exploits.

But.. but.. it was so much easier when it was broken to climb straight up with only the press of a button! This is the same thing, trying to justify a busted thing that breaks the game in the favor of a player, to where they can minimize risk and maximize reward.. and then try to justify why keeping such a broken thing is good for the game.

I would bet my pants that if they instead fixed all those spots that this "feature" allowed players to get to and not face any opposition by the AI, the theme would be the same. People had their moment in the sun by solo-running ODD to death with little worry about actually getting killed, as well as hit other completely normally unreachable areas. Now that its gone (hell, I won't miss it, I didn't even know that it was a thing lol), just like all the other over-the-top things that got reigned in, adapt and move on.

Or better yet, lets throw invisible walls on those very spots that this got people to, and they can keep their infinite wall-climb. Same result either way, in my opinion.

Thank you, was that so hard guys? This is how progress is made

So re-add it, but give it some sort of challange. Don't just make it tap control to continue, make it a bit more difficult. The point is we need some way to move vertically. I'm sure we could figure out something as a community

No. Figure out how to make the mechanism have challenge in the space of the game first. Making it trickier to use and changing nothing else doesn't solve the issues I brought up in my post. There needs to be an interaction of the mechanism with the game space (triangle jumping in Megaman X for instance) in order for there to be legitimate challenge.

I'm not talking about how to do it, I'm talking about what gets in your way as your doing it.

Haha thankfully no, though "coptering past" a speed-modded Loki remains relevant.  The fact that a coptering rhino with cumulative shields and health surpassing 1300-1500 can outpace a speed-modded loki with little more than 225 shields and 225 health does not make sense with me.  This speed disparity is one thing among possibly many (that I can't quite recall to mind...) that completely shatters the class differences between even the more extreme of Warframes, what with the tank/bruiser being able to at least keep pace or outpace the innately faster glass cannons or manipulators.  Nova and Loki come to mind, respectively.

Whilst I know that the "class differences" amongst the Tenno is thin at best, it does exist to a degree, setting frames apart from one another and delegating basic roles that best fit each frame.  Without this uniqueness, there would be little need for a wide variety of frames.  And while I do support player creativity in modding a frame to maximize its effectiveness in its base roles or to create a new role with more limited effectiveness, coptering is an external aid/exploit that has little bearing on the frame using it, pushing a frame towards a role that it was never meant for.  In this way, heavier frames could and do potentially outperform other lighter frames whose roles have been taken over by a slower frame using an external speed boost.

This external crutch of speedy coptering is partly why I think so many people still play regular Rhino and why the speed-boosting Arcane Vanguard helmet, while technically being a legitimate build component, has become such a hit as players realized the advantage of speed.  Its Prime has a base sprint speed rivaling that of midweights, a design decision I have yet to understand.

Loki's purpose is not to be the fastest frame. Think about it. If you go to a high tier mission of any kind say a T3 or 4 void mission. That speed isn't going to help one bit in terms of evading fire. Loki survives through his invisibility and disarm. Secondly if you decided to zorencopter you would be faster than the Rhino just due to being able to run faster when you were on the ground. Thirdly how does that coptering Rhino decrease your enjoyment of the game? In Conclave I could definitely see a problem as it would make Zorens and Ichors the best melee weapons in terms of utility but the majority of people mostly play PvE and thus it doesn't harm you. Additionally it has been confirmed now as a game feature so if you dislike him being faster than you your only option is to do it yourself as he isn't abusing a bug anymore. FInally have you invested any time in becoming good at movement? I'm not saying this patronisingly or trying to be insulting. It is simply that I can keep up with and most of the time surpass people zorencoptering simply because

1) I take the fastest possible route through the environment.

2) They often get stuck on or overshoot their target. 

I used to zorencopter a lot (I don't anymore cause I use my Dragon Nikana most of the time for the higher damage) and I cannot tell you how many times I got stuck on the top of doors because I was flying too fast and without any gravity pulling me down.

Now what I do is slide>jump>crouch(so you get up and run for a split second to reset the slide jump) and then repeat. I find this method lets you move with zero stamina loss and because you're in contact with the ground more often than coptering, you can change direction and thus overall navigate the environment at at least the same speed if not faster.

No. Figure out how to make the mechanism have challenge in the space of the game first. Making it trickier to use and changing nothing else doesn't solve the issues I brought up in my post. There needs to be an interaction of the mechanism with the game space (triangle jumping in Megaman X for instance) in order for there to be legitimate challenge.

I'm not talking about how to do it, I'm talking about what gets in your way as your doing it.

I'm not sure, one of us isn't being clear, could be me, not sure, but it doesn't seem as though we have conflict. My issue is that if there's one wall, and nothing behind it, we can't get up it, and there needs to be some way to to so. Not sure what kind of challange, I wasn't really trying to get into specifics. I think making it more difficult than "tap ctrl 2 win" makes sense, but personally I would leave that to DE to deal with, but hey you're allowed to pitch ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm assuming coptering is when people do a slide attack with the melee to get a boost of speed... am I wrong? Personal opinion... looks $&*&*#(%& aka "ADD", but to each their own. If so have you ever tried that with the Gram... you move slower... I personally do a slide to a front flip back to a slide stand up and repeat as the second front flip doesn't go off for a good minute so you lose speed... yes not as fast as the sliding melee attack on some weapons, but faster then doing a slide attack with the Gram.. I need to practice just doing a front flip. That will probably be faster, as the second slide from it tends to lose momentum. Maybe test it with Maglev... who even uses that. I have and it's just as good as rush if you slide. I think with the Eos leg plate equipped you should be able to pivot on a slide. Not a complete circle, but at least a 90 degree radius.

Next, it wasn't really infinite to being with. Sure if you mod for it, Quick Rested was probably all really needed but also Rush, Acrobat, Marathon, and Shield Flux... to do it properly or "Infinitely" the wall just isn't big/long enough... If they wanted to mod their warframe that way to do it then let them. They only have ten slots to use anyway... Which on an added not I believe abilities should have their own slot just like auras and stances. Sad not all of them are used and the time spent animating and designing them, when people would rather use a "more useful" mod then an ability the warframe is suppose to have, is overlooked. Why was Molecular Prime balanced and not completely remove like Overheat... I think the enemies are balanced enough for Overheat to be re added and balanced. I spent the platinum on Ember for two reason she looked the coolest and Overheat was the best ability summary there was... couldn't have gotten to the Fusion MOA event without it. I feel slightly robbed heh... 

Lastly and sorry for the delay because of a rant, I would like to state that I mainly used it to change from a wall climb to a wall run and a wall run to a wall climb. It would be the only reason I can think of when asking for it to be re added. I thought that's what it's purpose was used for, the fact you could continue to climb was a bonus? Made me feel like I had finesse using the claws on Ember's kyahan... 

Edit note: don't say Accelerant is it rebalance.... though it has the same picture, it's a completely different ability with a new name and summary. Was Overheat the mod ALAD V took?

Edited by Kotei

Guys, please don't fight. This is a small matter, as in it doesn't break the game really hard, but yeah I respect those who are having problems.

Try this: Slide, then jump when you approach the wall. This will give your frame a headstart before you hit the wall, about 0.2 or 0.1m headstart on the wall. I can't tell in-game distances :| But yeah, the animation is that front-flip thing and once you hit the wall start your wallrun. This may be hard at first but once you get it, it's damn effective.

Another one is finding a corner. Jump off one side, then the other, and you will see you slowly make your way up. Watch RexSol's conclave videos, he usually uses that to get up ;)

Another way is just coptering from a higher place. But the wallrun techniques are for those areas without a higher platform. Again, please don't get too worked up. We should be helping each other

• 4 weeks later...