Assistance With My Aegis Build, Please.

Aramanth

Question

I've been working with the Silva and Aegis since it came out and I'm quite liking it.  That heat damage is amazing, and that status chance is pretty high.  I made a quick build that utilizes it but doesn't rely on channeling (since I use a frame that needs its abilities), and I was hoping you all could give it a look and let me know what you think.  Is there anything I should add or change?

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Silva_and_aegis/t_30_000000004_225-7-3-238-0-3-240-2-3-245-3-5-246-6-5-247-4-5-266-1-3-327-5-3-332-8-3_238-7-266-7-240-7-245-11-247-9-327-7-246-7-225-7-332-10/en/4-0-60/

Edited by Aramanth

9 answers to this question

Honestly? I'd swap out Melee Prowess for North Wind. Turn the Heat damage into Blast and knock everything down for a finisher. That's not 15% status chance, it's 15% of your base status chance. Swapping it out for a maxed North Wind will get you 347 Blast and only lose you 3% status chance. It also gives you the possibility of changing for an Ice/Status mod once that's added to the game, for even more knockdown.

Edit: Also, Fury is probably better than Reach if you're using Spoiled Strike.

Edited by XenosInfinity

Get rid of that melee prowess, maybe get rid of reach. If both, the put fury on. Otherwise, just sue your natural modding skill.

I say put on an enduring strike, you get another 60% but penalty to channeling. and replace the reach with fury.

From how I play, I'd say the following Mod setup is viable on EVERY melee weapon, save my Dual Zorens:

Pressure Point

Spoiled Strike

Fury

Reach/Melee Prowess (Only one or the other, depending if it's got a long reach, or if it's a status wep.)

Focus Energy

Reflex Coil

Killing Blow

Life Strike (leave UNRANKED)

Focus Energy on its own will negate the channelling inefficiency on Life Strike once it's maxed, though you'll have to condend with added lightning damage, so you'd have a Radiation-sword. Could drop focus for Melee Prowess, keep Reach, and just let Reflex Coil deal with the inefficiency.

Or, make it a full status-build, Melee Prowess, the Breeding Grounds/Tehtra/Cicero mods, and Spoiled Strike, Fury, Pressure Point, and perhaps Reach. Once we get teh cold variant of the mod, you could drop Reach to go with the others, that should give a VERY high status chance, and you'll have dual-damages. I recommend setting it up for Radiation and VIral, but you could do Blast and Corrosive as well, if you like, make it a "Nuke" weapon. Or, if you're feeling frisky, Magnetic and Gass, why not?

Edited by Mewfan

Thanks for the feedback.  I was hoping of keeping heat damage because looking at its strengths/weaknesses it's only weak to proto-shields- as in, the shields of Stalker....who can kill me in three hits anyway.  Plus, that fire proc is like a pseudo stunlock.  I'm assuming Blast damage is more useful at later levels than heat?

Blast is weaker on ferrite armour and Infested sinew, but Ferrite is light Grineer (weak to Corrosive anyway) and Phorid is the only thing that counts as Sinew according to the wiki. It may not do as much damage overall due to not setting things on fire, but I'm finding the ability to knock over everything and smack it with a finisher generally outweighs the DoTs.

Blast is weaker on ferrite armour and Infested sinew, but Ferrite is light Grineer (weak to Corrosive anyway) and Phorid is the only thing that counts as Sinew according to the wiki. It may not do as much damage overall due to not setting things on fire, but I'm finding the ability to knock over everything and smack it with a finisher generally outweighs the DoTs.

I'll look into getting cold mods then, though I've noticed finishers are trickier with S&A.  Maybe it's just me, but I've tried multiple times to finish a downed enemy and I end up slashing at it wildly until it dies.

Get rid of melee prowess for Fury in OP's build and it looks pretty good. 37.5% faster attacks will result in a LOT more procs than +3% proc/swing. You could also add more Corrosive in place of Reach, but it would diminish the proc chances of Fire.

But I like it. The focus on status isn't much of a DPS loss because both procs are pretty good, the fire especially (cc+damage, whats not to love?) and it's a nice change from traditional straight damage builds.

For comparisons sake,

OP's build with fury: http://goo.gl/ZElLFM

Corrosive damage build: http://goo.gl/s7ujWa

Corrosive Channel: http://goo.gl/vIo3rW (http://goo.gl/BnAxkm with Life Strike)

Basically I like losing some damage for increased proc chance, but I would probably replace reach with 90% more Corrosive. We'll see once I get it, depends on how much that extra range really helps.

Edited by Darzk