Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason For The Long Interval From Puppy To Adult Kubrow?

Evers

Ok i get the reason behind the building time on weapons, warframe and so on. Its a way to earn money from players who are not patient enough. But what i don't get is why add such a long interval between puppy Kubrow and adult Kubrow without the option to rush it.

I could understand a long interval if we had an option to rush it, i could understand a few hours waiting, i could understand if you have to do a few mission without your kubrow or something like that. But i really don't get why it is like it is now. I can't find any legitimit reason for doing it this way.

If it was an idea to build up hype well then there is a timer missing. Without it it just didn't worked for me. Im just starting to be really annoyed by now.

So please give us an option to rush it or add a timer or change the duration it takes from puppy to adult.

Well, the idea is that the time taken from puppy to adult is to let you bond with it, regardless of how creepy it sounds. You'll care for a child more than an adult, that's human nature. Heck, that's how all animals behave generally. 

Otherwise, you'd merely treat your Kubrow as a battlemachine, just like a Sentinel. Slap some mods, and then come on the forums and whine. Giving the players or rather making players spend some time nurturing the little pup is just to ensure that the Kubrow means something to you.

There is one simple reason that kubrows take so long to mature

The Dev's aren't done making them yet. The Adult phase is extremely buggy from what I can infer and in-order to prevent players from seeing it they would rather lock it off to fix it before letting everybody just wade into it, like a good part of the first u14 stuff. I'd be willing to wait if kubrows didn't take 20% life decrease every log in reward gain.

Well, the idea is that the time taken from puppy to adult is to let you bond with it, regardless of how creepy it sounds. You'll care for a child more than an adult, that's human nature. Heck, that's how all animals behave generally. 

Otherwise, you'd merely treat your Kubrow as a battlemachine, just like a Sentinel. Slap some mods, and then come on the forums and whine. Giving the players or rather making players spend some time nurturing the little pup is just to ensure that the Kubrow means something to you.

Exactly. It's supposed to be a pet after all... Not just a funny dog that kills Grineer 

Sry but watching the Kubrow in the Genetic Foundry and now and then press e to get one of the 3 animations is not really bonding for me. It isn't walkign around my ship, it isn't following me (although he likes me as much as its possible). Bonding for me would be if he was following me, if i could do mission with it (maybe just a few of the easy mission with a low enemy level so he starts trusting you in missions). But that is not bonding.

Could be a lot of reasons. I'd wager on one or both of the below.

From a design point of view I'd see it as a means to prevent people from having limitless access to them at the drop of a hat... if indeed they do die permanently this enforces the need to look after them or think before blindly taking them into a fight with you.

From a more business point of view.... Retention. Since you'll need to com back to deal with them after a few days making you login again.

I totally agree with this, It`s quite a nice sight seeing your little pup sleeping while walking trough your ship and give it a pat every once in a while. It makes you think about the kubrow and what it`ll become once matured.

I say that I can`t wait for it to mature since i`m very curious about it`s fighting style, but in some way i would think that a rush option for this would ruin the whole experience of having a pup.

There is one simple reason that kubrows take so long to mature

The Dev's aren't done making them yet. The Adult phase is extremely buggy from what I can infer and in-order to prevent players from seeing it they would rather lock it off to fix it before letting everybody just wade into it, like a good part of the first u14 stuff. I'd be willing to wait if kubrows didn't take 20% life decrease every log in reward gain.

This is my suspicion. I don't buy the bonding/growing/nurturing thing because all you're doing is petting the thing. You're not feeding it or taking it for a walk or anything of that sort.

The kubrow Puppy-Adult stage should take an estimate of 3-5 days, During this time it is your responsibility to take care of it,nurture it, and bond with it. The entire concept of this is for you to bond with these animals. I dont want a rush option, i want a timer sure maybe. But other than that no. my source was a minor leak from one of the DEs during a devstream/primetime. you have 3-5 days.

I wouldn't like a rush option too but over 24 hours (i guess it will be something like 48 hours in total or more) is just way too long. As i said a few hours would be fine and then you can only do missions with a very low enemylevel for a few times. After that he/she would trust you and will go on any mission with you.

That would be bonding. And not hop in every few hours, press E, get one of the 3 (i think it are 3 can't remeber any other) animations, and leave it alone again for a few hours.

If you can learn how to be patient, it would fix a lot of your mental problems.

This helps in real life too.

For me, I can wait, but I just can't stand the secrecy. I don't see how it hurts DE to just give an estimated amount of time that it takes the Kubrows to mature.

warframes take 72 hours to build, not including the 12 hours from building the parts. there is precedent. i expected a 72 hour maturation cycle, plus change from building the parts and hatching the egg.

why is this a problem with anybody is beyond me.

none of you have ever built a warframe and waited it out?

For me, I can wait, but I just can't stand the secrecy.

That's because you're used to games spoon feeding you information all while holding your hand through the simplest of events so you don't get scared away.

This does not reflect on you personally in ANY way I will add.... just in case something is misunderstood. More so how we as video game consumers have been conditioned over the years to expect a complete set of information... rather than ya know... discover things for ourselves.

(PS: There was no offensive content in this post whatsoever)

Edited by Cogrock
Removed offensive content

That's because you're used to games spoon feeding you information all while holding your hand through the simplest of events so you don't get scared away.

This does not reflect on you personally in ANY way I will add.... just in case something is misunderstood. More so how we as video game consumers have been conditioned over the years to expect a complete set of information... rather than ya know... discover things for ourselves.

+1 This. Its the newer generation of gamers, us olders just see it like were playing snes all over again and shrug and naturally do what we can to unlock figure out etc. Newer generation not so much

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

People complaining about the maturing time would secretly be sad if they had less time to play with their puppy before it was all grown up.

not really, you may buy another stasis chamber and enjoy your puppy.

i want to evaluate kubrow, because chances are very high, that this pet is overhyped good for nothing addition, which will never replace a sentinel such as wyrm, as example.

How are we bonding with it, exactly? The only option for interaction with the thing is pressing "E" and watching ourselves play one of three animations where we pet it. We would bond more with it if we took it to battle with us and it saved our metallic hide a few times or if it walked around the Dojo with us, right now it just sits in a corner and barks.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

im enjoying the wait just so when i eventually log on and see my girl all grown up and just smile.

i agree a lot of people are not used to the older days of gaming where you had to go and discover things for yourself (or buy a game informer/ninetendo power).

but thats me and not everyone is like me, honestly DE should just post how long it takes somewhere (likely forum thread) for those that wish to know and for the rest of us who don't care we can just go on about our business like usually 

How are we bonding with it, exactly? The only option for interaction with the thing is pressing "E" and watching ourselves play one of three animations where we pet it. We would bond more with it if we took it to battle with us and it saved our metallic hide a few times or if it walked around the Dojo with us, right now it just sits in a corner and barks.

Take a real puppy to a warzone. Lets see if you bond with it then.