Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Permadeath During Collar Mission (Fixed)

ZansiBlackthorn

Heard of some others having this issue.  After completing the collar mission, my Kubrow is nowhere to be found.  I can't find it in any menu, it isn't chilling out in it's corner, etc.  Anyone know if I am missing something or if this is some ridiculous bug?

I finished farming for the Eleventh Storm stance and after trading an extra, I come back and hear the Lotus message. At logn last, ym Kubrow had finally matured. Immediately I went and fawned over it for about 2 and a half minutes. It was a Sahasa Kubrow that had a gray pattern on its fur reminiscent of a husky, much like the husky I once had when I was a lot younger that I named after Cobalt. Cobalt had long since passed away, but I decided to had decided to name my new Kubrow after him in memory of him. It was only coincidence that he ended up looking almost exactly like him as he grew.

I went for the quest almost immediately afterwards, knowing it was on Earth, I didn't come necessarily prepared. For those that don't know, you have to defend your new Kubrow in a solo mission on Earth. I was immediately amazed, worried that the fact that the description might make him less useful since ammo isn't really a problem in this game. I would have used him anyways, but I was surprised to see him digging up affinity orbs as well.

I managed to get to the last wave. I hadn't really been paying attention too much, seeing as how I was already playing out future missions with Cobalt in my head and Cobalt ended up losing his health. I failed the mission. I felt bad, but I figured I could try it again.

No.

I went down and messed with my arsenal a bit so that I would have no chance of losing the second time. When I was finished, I looked over and was going to check to see if my Kubrow was upset with my failure.

He was gone, DE.

I didn't know that I would lose Cobalt forever. The quest mission was still doable so I went and did it and saw a Kubrow bounding up to me and my dread dissipated. But something was wrong. I hovered over him and saw that he was instead a regular white color. His name, instead of "Cobalt", read "PetKubrow". I was dismayed, starting to give into despair, but figured I still had a chance to save Cobalt from his fate.

I completed the mission without any difficulty. I went back and checked.

He's still gone, DE. I have already gotten a new Kubrow going, but I still feel a void in my gut. Some tears were shed. I can't believe how upset I am by this. Rebeccah, please tell me that Cobalt is with you in the Kubrow puppy farm.

Same thing basically happened to me too. I already miss my little Freya :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was the one who died. My little llama-dog survived, but was still missing upon returning to the Liset.

Hopefully DE comes with a fix sooner rather than later (I know, easier said than done). I just wonder WHAT will happen once the fix comes. Will we have our Kubrows back? New ones to replace them?

Edited by CaveItUp

I had my Kubrow matured and just finished the Collar quest where you defend the Kubrow. It gave me a mission complete and told me that I completed the quest. But my Kubrow is not sitting where the incubator is. I looked through the Companions Tab, and looked to see if it was put into stasis but its not here. I did a mission and he didn't join with me.