Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arguably Most Disastrous Major Update In Warframe?

elijahpw

Really buggy, really big update?

You_Must_Be_New_Here.jpg

In all seriousness though, every single update is always "the biggest update yet!" and every single update is always a buggy mess for the first, like, week. It's nothing special and nothing new.

So I should hold them lower than standard. I should expect no bug testing at all. That we not a consumer but a bug tester of sort.

You should check the bug megathread and see how 'few' ppl having bug. There suppose to be a baseline on bug testing before release to the consumer. We are not the bug tester.

This is incorrect.

You ARE a tester. You are a Beta Tester. This game is in Beta. At best you can consider it a soft-release.

If you don't like the buggy after-major-patch period then skip it. Play something else for the first week after each important update. 

This is incorrect.

You ARE a tester. You are a Beta Tester. This game is in Beta. At best you can consider it a soft-release.

If you don't like the buggy after-major-patch period then skip it. Play something else for the first week after each important update. 

With all do respect, for the longest time I do not consider Warframe a beta due solely to the real-money market. It is a product sold to the consumer. All I ask is a better bug testing in their part. I really like this game. Taking away player experience is the last thing they want to do.

With all do respect, for the longest time I do not consider Warframe a beta due solely to the real-money market. It is a product sold to the consumer. All I ask is a better bug testing in their part. I really like this game. Taking away player experience is the last thing they want to do.

I understand where you are coming from, but what you call it has no significance. It is what DE calls it.

I personally consider Warframe in a state of soft-release. But what I call it has no significance either.

The game is in Beta.

Honestly though, players say this everytime the game is upodated. Bugs are to be expected, because the game is meant to be treated as only semi-finalized. The devs shouldn't need to pretest for bugs in a game that is in beta, no matter how many players treat it as a final product.

The beta excuse has its limits, but bugs are part and parcel of every game. Lets just make the best experience out of it eh?

Yeah while the update was a bit bumpy compared to previous ones.  I'm really impressed with the UI changes.  While it is a preference thing and I'm sure some folks want a simpler non 3D UI option, it is very clear that a huge amount of work was put into this update.

The things that I experienced problems with were some black screens, an occasional crash, and Vor's Prize breaking down on me.

(I mean the quest breaking situation of us Veterans having enough materials to build the Ascaris Countermeasure, not following the quest instructions and intuitively building the countermeasure before completing the mission to gather it.  I mean hell..  "Get that thing off me!!!" right? lol.)

The most amazing part of the update?  Sure while the update itself was great, I was even more impressed that DE didn't wait until Monday to fix many of the problems.  There were hotfixes on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend.  How many of you would be willing to work over the weekend like that?  (I'm not saying it's impossible, because I work on weekends when I have to, but still...)

Edited by sushidubya

I just fail to see how this update was at all ambitious.

Ships are meaningless. They're just a (badly) redesigned UI.

Kubrows are basically modifications on existing sentinel code.

The new frame is nothing special or interesting.

The quest system does nothing but guide you to existing grind mechanics that could easily exist without it.

New tiles... we've seen them before.

Just not that impressive - and the issues are making it a chore.

Nope. Yes it is very buggy, but I still love it.

Also, ever since the start of the update, I don't even have the Region and Trading  tab on my chat. AND I can't even trade, let alone have access to my dojo's trading kiosk, while everyone in my clan is able to. Did I complain and start a thread about it? Nope. I went immediately to send in a ticket and told about this bug. Only to have a reply for me to wait on the next hotfix. Next hotfix comes in and I still don't have Region and Trading tab on my chat and still can't trade.  

Still not complaining over here. I'll just go back and have fun with my Mirage and petting my Kubrow.

t_0c3a3a41a673dae7f4b374f0a48edc9f.jpg

It's a privilage to be the first to get hand on this update, and I couldn't thank DE enough for this. I'm sure DE has tried and true before releasing this update. But they are limited to how much and to what extent they can do to test all variables and bugs that would happen on different players' pc and setup, or even the update itself. Sure, we can ask DE to hold it for another month or two more to make sure to test out more variables and issues. And we know how that would go. Even before this release, players like you have been whinning all over the forum as if fire is in their pants and condemning DE this and that, because of the release delay, non-stop. Many of these bugs got to all of us, not just you. But we acknowledge how much DE has been going through to get this released out to us PC players first. That's the trade off that we have to acknowledge. Or you can just go play PS4 waiting for release to be hammered out a little more by DE to meet PS4/Sony standards. If you, or many players like you, quit because of this, that's a good thing. It's a privilage that you should not have to begin with anyway. 

Well...yes. Not only did they unnecessarily change the ability to drop-in to certain missions, the lack of an available player number on planets has made it impossible to actually know if the number of people playing a sector (like a nightmare area) has even or odd numbers of players. You can sit there for minutes at a time, never getting a game, joining anyone or even know if anyone is really and truly on, because the names moving by could be people who're halfway through a game, or just finished one.

There are an enormous number of glitches, ranging from annoying to downright ridiculous, people's mods have disappeared, their kubrows are dying inexplicably, it's just an utter and complete mess. There's a lot that could've been applied in smaller updates, really, this should've been a try-and-see update process, a large update is utterly pointless if you can't actually play the game. Hell, more than once I've been stuck on the 'Please Wait' screen, when the game has completely frozen for no apparent reason, forcing me to go to task manager just to shut it down. I've reported it, but given that there's over 230 pages of people with complaints about bugs, it's going to be months before any of this is addressed.

Overall, people are cutting the devs far too much slack, because they've essentially buggered the game to a phenomenal degree. If this was the state the update was in, they should've made the community aware that is was, in reality, nowhere near being finished or playable. At this point, you could take a break from the game for a month, open it up and download half a gig of patches, and it still wouldn't fix the problem: this update wasn't close to completion, the new ideas were too broad and too much got changed. It was an overhaul, not an update. Did we really need ships? You can essentially access everything you want from a menu anyway. Did we need aesthetic additions that have caused huge problems with the UI? The addition of a huge amount of content has proved disastrous, to the point where I have 300 platinum sitting on my account that I don't feel I can use, since anything I buy, I won't be able to actually see in-game, given how I can't actually play it. It's lucky I only buy platinum when I have a discount of 50% or more. One could argue that new, 'free' content is great; but it's not above criticism, especially when it shatters the experience so badly. This should've been an update rolled out in sections, pure and simple. 

I understand where you are coming from, but what you call it has no significance. It is what DE calls it.

I personally consider Warframe in a state of soft-release. But what I call it has no significance either.

The game is in Beta.

Sorry, but I don't take the "Beta excuse" anymore. It is perhaps a soft release, but not a Beta. The time when we were Beta testers is far behind, now we are players and costumers as this title is making money, not surviving as it is prepared for release. Beta label is just the smoke screen to hide behind when things don't go as expected.

This games right now just works as any other fully released free to play game, even better than most - massive community of players, working real-money store and regular updates.

You can say what you want, but I would bet my money this title will never get the "released" status. Or if it does, It'll be so far in the future it would not matter. 

Huh, my complaints haven't been about bugs, as those I was expecting. Mine have all been about the fact that some elements of the new UI are in places that makes them really annoying to use.

Edited by Basilo

Get yourself a PS4 and revel in the glory of enjoyed gameplay; bask in the glow of tested and polished content. Spend less time racking up and weeding through thousands of complaints on the forums, and instead, assume your duty as a Hero of the Solar System. PS4. +1.

Let the elitist PC rage commence.

Get yourself a PS4 and revel in the glory of enjoyed gameplay; bask in the glow of tested and polished content. Spend less time racking up and weeding through thousands of complaints on the forums, and instead, assume your duty as a Hero of the Solar System. PS4. +1.

Let the elitist PC rage commence.

Ok. Buy me a PS4.

The only bug I'd like to see stamped out right away is that Mutalist Osprey... they toned down the toxic ancients, they reduced our encounters with toxin, they brought in and removed the Mutalist Osprey - and then they f up the update by returning to the pool of vomit and bringing all that toxin BACK? Sad, really...

The large amount of bug present is the most I've seen in a single update. Of course, as DE_Steve himself claim this is the most ambitious update they ever done. But, is it acceptable?

Edit: Is it acceptable the update release in such a buggy condition? Is it safe to say the update itself is not ready for release? Should I hold DE on lower than standard in future in term of quality?

Edit2: I'm one of those ppl who accept delay with open heart for the sake of quality release.

Edit3: Quality refer to "stability/bug free/technical" not the "content/amount of content". I really like the "content".

It hasn't even been a week scooter, cool your jets and let the bugs get fixed.