Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Stalker A Tenno ?

gunsmoke77

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent." 
~Codex Entry 

Until they expand more upon him, we don't truly know his Origins, what we do know is that he was present at the fall. 

EDIT: YIKES 
BLACK TEXT
HOW DO FIX?

Edited by SorrelClaw

Read lore some time. Look up the Stalker on the wikia and all will be explained in the format of a very, very cool story.

Actually they never fleshed that out. We know he has a warframe, or some semblance of one, we know he may or may not have been corrupted by the void. We do not know if he is/was a tenno. Nor the definition of low Guard. Or if the "low" was purposely written like that to reflect spite, or a typo. Or why he's still alive after decades-centuries of existence. And what he's done since then.

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.
The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.
Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent." 
~Codex Entry 
Until they expand more upon him, we don't truly know his Origins, what we do know is that he was present at the fall. 

BLACK TEXT
HOW DO FIX?

Ctrl+Shift+V

Edited by Nachino

~Codex Entry 

BLACK TEXT

HOW DO FIX?

I'm going to let you in on my super secret for pasting text into forums without strange formatting such as black text.

Ctrl + Shift + V

EDIT: Pay no attention to that guy that only appears to have posted just before me.  Ctrl + Shift + V is my super secret trick!

Edited by darkkterror

its 10. Tycho drums are 10

bum bum bum bum bum bum bum (pause) bum (pause) bum.

eighth note eighth note eighth note eighth note eighth note eighth note {derpy triplet}

6+3=9

Edited by Alad_VI

Evidence por favor.

I'm referencing the ones that keep coming up in different slight variations across the soundtrack of warframe - that are coincidentally 9 beats in length. 

Re-read the lore. They would play 10 drums to signal the end was over, but on the 9th beat the Tenno betrayed the Orokin. 10 is to signify the fight was over.

He's not a Tenno

The armor he wears is probably a derivative of the warframe, but because he cant control elements he can only use very basic stuff like smoke grenades and running with a scythe.

Maybe he was their equivalent of an ODST from halo for an example

Tenno=Spartans

Stalker=ODST

Possibility when he meant lower guard?

Sorry for the formatting, this computer isn't able to remove it. No, CTRL+shift+V doesn't work.

Anyway, my point is that the 10th beat didn't happen unless my reading skills failed me (They do that sometimes) and maybe the Tenno adopted this new beat as part of their own culture as a symbol of having defeated the Orokin.

Sorry for the formatting, this computer isn't able to remove it. No, CTRL+shift+V doesn't work.

Anyway, my point is that the 10th beat didn't happen unless my reading skills failed me (They do that sometimes) and maybe the Tenno adopted this new beat as part of their own culture as a symbol of having defeated the Orokin.

Since there is no clear cut story yet i think its best we agree to disagree, It is possible that the Tenno took the original 10 to signify their freedom and struggle from the orokin? 

Just because the orokin didnt fully get to the 10th beat doesnt mean the naga original drum line is 9, its still 10 lorewise. They just couldnt do it because the Tenno killed them by the 9th.

So you might be right the tenno took the 10 beats and adopted it to their culture after the fall

Since there is no clear cut story yet i think its best we agree to disagree, It is possible that the Tenno took the original 10 to signify their freedom and struggle from the orokin? 

Just because the orokin didnt fully get to the 10th beat doesnt mean the naga original drum line is 9, its still 10 lorewise. They just couldnt do it because the Tenno killed them by the 9th.

So you might be right the tenno took the 10 beats and adopted it to their culture after the fall

Ok. Let's disagree. It's what's best. *Secretly makes angry Tumblr posts about how you're wrong*

it still begs the question no matter what he is how the frak is he still alive

Magic! And by that I mean science! And by that I mean Orokin bullish*t!

Also many theorize that the Stalker is an organization.

Edited by Alad_VI