Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Egg Mission Will Make New Players Leave.

Andrastae

I'm an invested player and I'm ready to leave over it; someone installing the game, doing the quests and not getting an egg drop in 20+ Missions will straight up leave and not look back.

Farming for optional mods/cosmetics is one thing, This is like World of Warcraft. Killing 100+ wolves and not a single bloody one drops a wolf pelt.

Do these Kubrow breed like Vulcans? should I come back in 7 years and try again?

i played the first 2 or 3 egg-missions and they appeared as always the same

after this the map and the way through the map of the quest changed and on the end i have had the egg

at this time i really searched in all corners for some kubrov-nests

dont know why i get the egg after the 4th or 5th run for

means, after around 1 or 2 hours i have had the egg by SEARCHING hard all over, touching every destroyed kubrov-nest etc.

games follow some logic, even if it cant be seen because of the different expirience everybody have or get ...

How are 'new' players supposed to be angry when they can't even get a kubrow till they beat Venus, at which point the Kubrow quest unlocks?

Besides that, RNG always sucks

This kubrow isn't that far into the game. Earth is still in that "Gaining levels and mods fast" phase before you start the later grind. You don't need to have killed yourself grinding exact mods or building special weapons at this point. That, and the quest chains up to this all are guaranteed drops unless I missed something; they're going to hit this and think either

A) Why didn't my egg drop, is this bugged?

B) Holy hell, I've played this level 20+ times. I'm done with this.

Three hours of straight Kubrow egg farming on E-Prime. Not a single drop.

I'm going to sleep on it, but they just broke the "Game vs Pulling a slot machine lever" barrier. I don't know if I'll be supporting this game in the future if this is the path they're going to take.

It's like you expect that new players are here only for the kubrow to play some tamagotchi instead of playing the game otherwise?

This is the first "DE required" grindfest a new player will hit. It's part of a quest, that makes it more, i don't want to say Mandatory..but It's a DE sponsored Grindfest.

This will set the tone of what New players expect from the game, and right now, it's horrible.

I slept on it, and another hour of playing with nothing. I have a lot of time to play, 4 hours could be a full week of playing for some players. All on the same mission with no reward in sight. This is not good game design.

In it's current state the quest is probably going to deter players who are especially bothered with grinding and don't like leaving things unfinished (or just really want a kubrow). Then again, if you can't stand grinding Warframe probably isn't the right game for you in the first place.

I've been making E-Prime runs for about 5 hours now. Still haven't found an egg. Not feeling very motivated, but at least I know that every run is a new chance.

Anyhow, an even bigger issue is the fact that after all the effort you put into finding your own Kubrow egg, you're faced with massive costs of raising the Kubrow and keeping it healthy. 150k raise it and 100k every six days to keep it healthy.

Something like that could be reasonable, if every Kubrow was not exactly the same as all the others. If they had varying looks/stats (besides just their breed) owning one and raising one would be so much more more satisfying. A really good Kubrow could actually be worth all that money.

Ugh, people complain too much. Guess what the only ones deterred by 'grind' are losers who want instant gratification.

If you want that, 10 plat and the egg is yours.

You don't HAVE to put yourself through a continuous grind. A real player would probably grind a few times. Go look things up on forums or wiki (assuming they have a brain at all) and then realise it's random.

They would then create a simple system for themselves. Go play a survival, come back and do 2 - 3 runs. Go play something else, come back 2 - 3 runs.

No one is forced to run them all at once and when you finally breed your Kubrow, you will feel satisfied.

My first one took me 28 runs (I counted). I did them continously, stopping only to replenish my death marks and murder whatever came after me (still no Despair, but I don't mind).

After that, I got a Male, White, Sunika (lol white privilege)

And then I did 2 runs and got my second egg.

It's entirely random and on the basis of probability some newbies will get lucky, some won't, either way they'll stick with the game or drop it based on the same factors.

They will eventually hit a grind wall. It happens.

So who stays and who goes depends entirely upon the type of player you are. If you've played ANY MMO, then here comes the grind and you should be expecting it.

If they realise that they need Kubrow mods as well, they will be thankful for the grind, because it takes ages to get the mods. What will a newbie do if they want Bite? Give up and die? They'll grind for it or buy a sentinel and get the Kubrow up to speed at a later date.

But wait, there's more!

Someone already pointed out the COST of getting a Kubrow in the first place. A newbie can't even afford that, so they'll do the same that they did with the sentinels initially (when they didn't have the credits). They will progress through the game first and THEN get the Kubrow later. I did it with sentinels, prior to kubrows, my guildies did it with sentinels, prior to Kubrows. It's the same thing.

You find out what you need, make a list, grind for what is priority and then slowly fill it up.

Want to be a 'pro' overnight? Buy 4000 platinum like I did. Oh wait...you still need to level up the weapons, test out builds, see what you like etc. etc. you get the picture.

Ugh, people complain too much. Guess what the only ones deterred by 'grind' are losers who want instant gratification.

If you want that, 10 plat and the egg is yours.

You don't HAVE to put yourself through a continuous grind. A real player would probably grind a few times. Go look things up on forums or wiki (assuming they have a brain at all) and then realise it's random.

They would then create a simple system for themselves. Go play a survival, come back and do 2 - 3 runs. Go play something else, come back 2 - 3 runs.

No one is forced to run them all at once and when you finally breed your Kubrow, you will feel satisfied.

My first one took me 28 runs (I counted). I did them continously, stopping only to replenish my death marks and murder whatever came after me (still no Despair, but I don't mind).

After that, I got a Male, White, Sunika (lol white privilege)

And then I did 2 runs and got my second egg.

It's entirely random and on the basis of probability some newbies will get lucky, some won't, either way they'll stick with the game or drop it based on the same factors.

They will eventually hit a grind wall. It happens.

So who stays and who goes depends entirely upon the type of player you are. If you've played ANY MMO, then here comes the grind and you should be expecting it.

If they realise that they need Kubrow mods as well, they will be thankful for the grind, because it takes ages to get the mods. What will a newbie do if they want Bite? Give up and die? They'll grind for it or buy a sentinel and get the Kubrow up to speed at a later date.

But wait, there's more!

Someone already pointed out the COST of getting a Kubrow in the first place. A newbie can't even afford that, so they'll do the same that they did with the sentinels initially (when they didn't have the credits). They will progress through the game first and THEN get the Kubrow later. I did it with sentinels, prior to kubrows, my guildies did it with sentinels, prior to Kubrows. It's the same thing.

You find out what you need, make a list, grind for what is priority and then slowly fill it up.

Want to be a 'pro' overnight? Buy 4000 platinum like I did. Oh wait...you still need to level up the weapons, test out builds, see what you like etc. etc. you get the picture.

You either didn't read anything except the title and then proceeded to type a wall of text, or completely missed the point. Guess what, the only people deterred by grind are the vast majority of humans, who don't want to bother spending several hours in order to get a single virtual item.

New players reaching the Kubrow questline will almost certainly be deterred by the abysmal droprate of eggs, given that it tends to take 20+ attempts to get one. And if getting an early item, which the egg appears to be, considering the fact that it's a part of a quest chain, takes so long, how is the grind going to look later on?

A new player is unlikely to bother with checking out the forum or wikia for answers when something is going wrong. If a game appears to have issues at the beginning, they are more likely to just quit. Perhaps for some time. Perhaps forever. Or maybe you claim that people will be willing to grind in a game they just started playing? Since a quest tells them to do so, they may think that they game expects them to do just that.

And even if someone gets lucky enough to find the egg early on, they will be slapped in the face with 100.000 credit cost for the incubation power core and then another 100k credits in order to craft it. For a new player 200k credits isn't "10 sechura runs", rather something closer to "200 missions" instead.

In its current form, the Kubrow quest is likely to discourage new players who attempt it from playing the game. A potential solution is to make the egg a guaranteed drop from the mission while this particular quest step is active. The first Incubator Power Core could also be given for free. The credits necessary for it can easily be farmed in around 40 minutes by slightly more experienced players, but they will make beginners think "holy S#&$, this grind is worse than in korean mmos".

Edited by Antharis

I'm sorry to say this because the support service of digital extreme has been always gentle with me but here the developer have only two word in their mind Rare and Platinum.Rare is the first because rare drop mod rare drop blueprint rare drop component rare drop kubrov egg rare drop kubrov mod rare rare rare only rare,and platinum well...i really have to say it?

This is the first "DE required" grindfest a new player will hit. It's part of a quest, that makes it more, i don't want to say Mandatory..but It's a DE sponsored Grindfest.

This will set the tone of what New players expect from the game, and right now, it's horrible.

I slept on it, and another hour of playing with nothing. I have a lot of time to play, 4 hours could be a full week of playing for some players. All on the same mission with no reward in sight. This is not good game design.

Don't they have to buy and built that incubator before they can even start the quest?

I highly doubt a new player is going to look into the right section of the market and go "Oh, I need that, instead of all the useful things like weapons and stuff," THEN go farm argon for it, before they get a chance to play other missions.

All i can say is Kubrows definitely aren't for new players.

I'd say it's a small part of End Game and there's no need to complain about it.

Why?

Let's see:

1) Incubator Power Core: costs 150.000 credits (BP+Foundry price).

2) DNA Stabilizer: costs 100.000 credits for 6 uses.

3) Mods. I spent ~900 mods and 400k credits to rank Link Shield to 90%. Also, i spent 400k+ credits to max other mods for Kubrow.

In additional, there's 3 ways to obtain them: farming, trading or transmuting.

In first case, you need a patience and a good team.

In second case, you need:

a) good mod for trading

b) some Pt for buying

And in third case, you need 24.000 or 36.000 credits for 1 Transmutation.

More than that, new players don't have any really good equipment. And i'm talking not only about Weapon, for Kubrow you also need good protection for yourself: Armour, Shields and Health. And they're expensive if you want to max them.

So, i don't think new players have enough resources and credits not only to buy it and craft, but also to maintain their condition (talking about HP = DNA Stabilizer)

Edited by Spectre-Agent

In it's current state the quest is probably going to deter players who are especially bothered with grinding and don't like leaving things unfinished (or just really want a kubrow). Then again, if you can't stand grinding Warframe probably isn't the right game for you in the first place.

I've been making E-Prime runs for about 5 hours now. Still haven't found an egg. Not feeling very motivated, but at least I know that every run is a new chance.

Anyhow, an even bigger issue is the fact that after all the effort you put into finding your own Kubrow egg, you're faced with massive costs of raising the Kubrow and keeping it healthy. 150k raise it and 100k every six days to keep it healthy.

Something like that could be reasonable, if every Kubrow was not exactly the same as all the others. If they had varying looks/stats (besides just their breed) owning one and raising one would be so much more more satisfying. A really good Kubrow could actually be worth all that money.

I agree with you, especially since having to build the incubator power core requires argon crystals. How is a new player going to know where to farm argon crystals? Also I think DE needs to fix the dna degradation on kubrows slightly.

New players reaching the Kubrow questline will almost certainly be deterred by the abysmal droprate of eggs, given that it tends to take 20+ attempts to get one. And if getting an early item, which the egg appears to be, considering the fact that it's a part of a quest chain, takes so long, how is the grind going to look later on?

A new player is unlikely to bother with checking out the forum or wikia for answers when something is going wrong. If a game appears to have issues at the beginning, they are more likely to just quit. Perhaps for some time. Perhaps forever. Or maybe you claim that people will be willing to grind in a game they just started playing? Since a quest tells them to do so, they may think that they game expects them to do just that.

And even if someone gets lucky enough to find the egg early on, they will be slapped in the face with 100.000 credit cost for the incubation power core and then another 100k credits in order to craft it. For a new player 200k credits isn't "10 sechura runs", rather something closer to "200 missions" instead.

In its current form, the Kubrow quest is likely to discourage new players who attempt it from playing the game. A potential solution is to make the egg a guaranteed drop from the mission while this particular quest step is active. The first Incubator Power Core could also be given for free. The credits necessary for it can easily be farmed in around 40 minutes by slightly more experienced players, but they will make beginners think "holy S#&$, this grind is worse than in korean mmos".

Agreed. I also strongly agree with your suggestion on making the first incubator power core free, and the first kubrow egg drop guaranteed.

The drop rate is bad. But not as horrible as some other things. Some people are lucky. Some people aren't. And as stated previously there are a few end game materials needed to make the Kubrow in the first place so I suppose that "deters" newer players also. But of course you could just get the Kubrow LATER in the game..

Edited by xxtheblockxx