Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Warframes/weapons

(PSN)StrawHatZinda

Question

10 answers to this question

I spent a lot of time looking for the information your asking for.

Frame depends on the game mode. Loki for stealth in nightmare for sure. Rhino for running around gunning. list goes on due to combos between frames that give you a edge in some game modes.

Pick one you like and it will take you FAR into the game to which you will learn this yourself like I did. I used the nekros myself.

Guns... well... there are still changes to them happening so what is good one day not so much the next. I will say that ALL guns if potatoed / forma can get you through about anything. I personally waited for the soma. Turned out fine because it took me this long to get heavy caliber / Serration.

Any frame can be "end game" if played well. Most of the frames people claim are better are really just easier to play. If you really want the best for late game, look for anything that doesn't care about numbers. Volt's electric barrier for example will block an infinite amount of damage and doesn't care about power strength. Many people might not consider him 'end game' but there's no difference between lv1 Grineer and lv9001 Grineer vs that shield.

The only one I'd warn against would be Ash. I haven't tried lately but his high end play style of teleport kills and smokescreen stuns didn't work last time I used it. The stun from smokescreen would interrupt an animation but not actually stop enemies from using skills. Ancients would look interrupted but still slap you across the room. Heavy grineer slams would still go off. Stuff like that.

Boltor Prime is a prime candidate for a nerf. It's an extreme outlier that's vastly outperforming everything else. If you're new I would not rush to it and put all my eggs in that basket. Soma is a much safer choice. I would hate to tell you to do Boltor Prime and see it get nerfed right after you finish putting a bunch of forma on it.

Edited by VKhaun

Every frame is viable late game except Ember, Saryn, and Oberon because every other frame has at least one useful ability late game.

Ash: Smokescreen and Bladestorm

Banshee: Sonar

Excalibur: Radial Blind

Frost: Snowglobe

Hydroid: Undertow and Tentacle Swarm

Loki: Invisibility and Radial Disarm

Mag: Pull and Shield Polarize

Nekros: Terrify and Desecrate

Nova: Antimatter Drop and Molecular Prime

Nyx: Chaos and Absorb

Rhino: Roar and Rhino Stomp

Trinity: Energy Vampire, Link and Blessing

Valkyr: Warcry and Hysteria

Vauban: Bastille and Vortex

Volt: Speed and Electric Shield

Zephyr: Tornado and Turbulence

Weapon wise...

Beam Rifle: Amprex

Assault Rifle: Boltor Prime or Soma

Semi-Automatic Rifle: Latron Prime

Sniper Rifle: Lanka or Vectis

Beam Shotgun: Phage

Automatic Shotgun: Boar Prime

Semi-Automatic Shotgun: Drakgoon

Bow: Dread

Grenade Launcher: Penta

Rocket Laucher: Ogris

Revolver: Akmagnus

One Handed Sniper: Marelock

One Handed Shotgun: Brakk

One Handed Rocket Launcher: Angstrum

Blade Weapon: Dragon Nikana or Dual Ichors

Blunt Weapon: Bo Prime

Every frame is viable late game except Ember, Saryn, and Oberon because every other frame has at least one useful ability late game.

Accelerant is EXTREMELY powerful in the late game. One of the best skills in the game for a fast paced player at medium ranges, which is a very common playstyle.

Saryn I do not play, but she has a % based melee damage buff and Molt. Might not be amazing but I find it hard to believe she's not 'viable' though that word gets used way too often around here. TisForTat may not be using it properly.

Oberon I must agree with. I would add him in with Ash as not good for late game content. Just didn't think of him when I was typing my post.

Accelerant is EXTREMELY powerful in the late game. One of the best skills in the game for a fast paced player at medium ranges, which is a very common playstyle.

Saryn I do not play, but she has a % based melee damage buff and Molt. Might not be amazing but I find it hard to believe she's not 'viable' though that word gets used way too often around here. TisForTat may not be using it properly.

Oberon I must agree with. I would add him in with Ash as not good for late game content. Just didn't think of him when I was typing my post.

well, accelerant only buffs pure heat damage, by 100% afaik. adding combo elements, that match enemy weaknesses add WAY MORE (and more base damage as well), without even need to cast an ability to deal more damage. Don't get me wrong, Accelerant with ignis is totally viable, and fun, but i wouldn't call it extremely powerful

well, accelerant only buffs pure heat damage, by 100% afaik. adding combo elements, that match enemy weaknesses add WAY MORE (and more base damage as well), without even need to cast an ability to deal more damage. Don't get me wrong, Accelerant with ignis is totally viable, and fun, but i wouldn't call it extremely powerful

This is not correct. Accelerant functions as a debuff to enemy resistances and it's extremely strong. A fire build outperforms a proper build, even shooting at resists that start out strong against fire with a base of -250%. If the target was 50% resistant to begin with there's no contest there. Even with secondary fire mods being less than 90%. This scales with power strength to a max of nearly 600%. 

Pure heat built Ignis will probably outperform a rainbow built Boltor Prime now that we have another fire mod from the last event. It was damn close before. Just imagine what you could do with a heat built Boltor Prime... 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Accelerant

Edited by VKhaun