Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva & Aegis, Plus... Retribution?

Vargras

Remember Retribution? That really terrible mod that you have to equip on your warframe, and it's only a chance to deal electric damage if you take shield damage from a melee attack? You know, the one that most everyone agrees is garbage and useless.

I had a crazy thought: Let's allow it to be equipped on the Silva & Aegis. Tweak it so it's a chance to deal electric damage to any enemy that attacks you while blocking, regardless if it's a melee or ranged hit.

Boom, Retribution now has a use.

This is an interesting concept, but I'm not sure it makes sense. First, it really couldn't only be given to Sword & Board, it'd have to be a general melee mod, at least until they come out with more shield weapons. And secondly, how would it apply damage to ranged attackers? Being shocked from meleeing an electrified surface makes sense, but how is that electricity supposed to find its way back the trail of a bullet. Even for the Tenno, that would be impressive technology. And finally, I'm not sure straight damage would be enough for it to hold up well enough to be favored over already standard melee mods. 

Nah...still kind of situational. I wouldn't expect it to level well for higher levels.

Would it be situational with an electric proc chance of 100%? That's a 60% chance to stun an enemy and any enemies around it for a few seconds PER BULLET TAKEN, remembering most enemies use burst fire or automatic weapons the crazy amount of utility would make up for the otherwise relative uselessness of the weapon as an offensive tool and reworks it into a crazy defensive item.

This is an interesting concept, but I'm not sure it makes sense. First, it really couldn't only be given to Sword & Board, it'd have to be a general melee mod, at least until they come out with more shield weapons. And secondly, how would it apply damage to ranged attackers? Being shocked from meleeing an electrified surface makes sense, but how is that electricity supposed to find its way back the trail of a bullet. Even for the Tenno, that would be impressive technology. And finally, I'm not sure straight damage would be enough for it to hold up well enough to be favored over already standard melee mods. 

Given the stats on the Silva & Aegis, there's not much choice before you're just trying to fill mod slots.

it reflective dmg so it bound the bullet straight back and send litle some electrical dmg. does that work enough?

or utilize Nova worm hole and send it back to attacker with electric dmg add on? or loki teleport technology?

trinity link aiblity work too? there many applycable skill from warframe already available to make it work. or we can just call it lost orokin defend techno.

Edited by Overkill.

"Phoenix Phalanx"

rank 0:25% chance to reflect incoming damage to attackers as fire

rank 1: 50% chance to reflect incoming damage to attackers as fire

rank 2:75% chance to reflect incoming damage to attackers as fire

rank 3:100% chance to reflect incoming damage to attackers as fire.

Silva & Aegis unique mod pl0x DE,

if the mod was combined with "reflection" it would increase the block damage output heavilly and also have a chance to make the enemy freak out and CC them.