Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Ui Is Not Coming Back

Twilight053

I could like the new UI more than the old.  But I don't yet, there are many issues.  Mod screen is a disaster, navigation screen, planets look nice but the mission choice is clunky at best.  I still think a star chart is better than the circular planet thing but don't need the old one.

But really... people just hate change.

lols glad you guys enjoy longer load times, glitchy menus, and way more time and energy spent on otherwise simple tasks... guess it speaks volumes about your aspirations.

I like positive change, i dislike negative change... more wasted time and less information are both negative aspects of the new menu system... 

As you say.. a new user might never know what they are missing out on... the rest do... 

Just because you like how it looks doesn't make it more usable... just give that some thought... 

lols glad you guys enjoy longer load times, glitchy menus, and way more time and energy spent on otherwise simple tasks... guess it speaks volumes about your aspirations.

I like positive change, i dislike negative change... more wasted time and less information are both negative aspects of the new menu system... 

As you say.. a new user might never know what they are missing out on... the rest do... 

Just because you like how it looks doesn't make it more usable... just give that some thought... 

You basically just implied that you do not enjoy testing games, so I ask you: What are you doing here?

My load times have actually improved.

Glitchy menus can be hotfixed. This is why DE made a megathread for us to post said glitches for them to fix.

Time and energy = pressing the esc button and left clicking about...two more times. Wow I'm SO exhausted, and am I growing a gray hair? Jesus it takes so long now. /sarcasm

yeah actually it DOES take so long now... ahahhah thats the whole point.. 2 days ago it took one action.. now it takes several...

thats not progress... its a regression in function.   The information that was once in a single location (ie one click away) is now spread across several menus... Ie now several clicks away SEVERAL times over... so again.. regression in function...

Neither is better, neither is more efficient... its not that people can't get used to it.. its that they shouldn't have to.. 

But really... people just hate change.

Such a stupid statement, really?

The new UI is inferior in EVERY point in regard to the old one, excluded the graphic improvement. If the new one would at least be  comparable to the old one in simplicity, intutiv and fast access I would happily agree with you, but that is not the case.

therefor the people are allowed to complain, hell, the new Ui is madness :x

I have never heard that a politician said to a crowed of demonstrants : "but really ... people just hate change"

Edited by Atvir

K you guys keep on complaining about having to press an extra button. I'm gonna go actually enjoy the game.

Such ignorance. did u even read our commants? did u even compare the two UI's? "One button"? It takes a lot longer,  ranges from a minimum of 1,5x to 17x of the usual time. And that is just about the pure clicks. Everything else is not even considered. Just look at the various threads in this forumarea and then we can talk again.

Edited by Atvir

i used to enjoy the game... but now I'm pressing extra buttons

You should stop using your computer then. Or any consoles you might have. Or your microwave. Don't flick that switch on the wall. That's a "button" too.

Such ignorance.

No, I'm more along the lines of being jaded and frankly not giving two S#&$s about your opinion. I like it. I'm enjoying it. If you don't like that I like it, then I don't really care. Hence why I stated what I stated. You go ahead and continue to complain. It's in your right to do so. But me? I'm going to stop arguing with you and go play the game, as that's in my right to do so.

Also, when you start throwing around numbers that have obviously came out of your @$$, it's about time to just let you be. 1.5x to 17x. lmfao Did you use a stop clock for that? Timed it with your watch? Did you divide by 0? Don't forget to multiply by 42 while you're at it. But NEVER...NEVER cross the streams. Seriously, don't.

Anyway, I'm off. My Kubrow needs me and there's a ton of new weapons cooking in my foundry.

Edit: Ah yes, glad I found this pic. It's what I see every time people can't get over the fact that others like things they don't.

dQd.jpg

I'm so ignorant.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Soul Echelon... interestingly enough we don't give even one sh!t about your opinion... all you added was troll food... nothing substantive... 

point in fact if my microwave suddenly required a dozen more button pushes to make a pop tart id dump it and get a more user friendly one... 

i can only simple agree werespectre. soulechelon once more proved that he is nothing more than troll who loves to insult and spam. but every forum has it's parasites.

Edited by Atvir

Soul Echelon... interestingly enough we don't give even one sh!t about your opinion... all you added was troll food... nothing substantive... 

point in fact if my microwave suddenly required a dozen more button pushes to make a pop tart id dump it and get a more user friendly one... 

I think you're over-exaggerating the entire situation. Soul didn't troll either. He actually has a point. He enjoys what has been given to him, and provides the feedback. While on the other hand, we got you complaining about how long it takes to click a button. - Woah, please. Destroy this interface. I require more mouse clicks! Good lord, dude. Do you even test?

I think you're over-exaggerating the entire situation. Soul didn't troll either. He actually has a point. He enjoys what has been given to him, and provides the feedback. While on the other hand, we got you complaining about how long it takes to click a button. - Woah, please. Destroy this interface. I require more mouse clicks! Good lord, dude. Do you even test?

These additional clicks are only ONE aspect of the new UI which shows what went wrong. just follow these link ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263785-new-ui-feedback-from-uiux-designer-visually-nicer-slower-to-use-more-clicks-to-do-the-same-task/ ) and you will see what we mean. If it would only be about a "few" additional clicks, it would be acceptable - more or less - but it isnt. just follow the link and inform yourself. it is way to much to post here over and over again.

And there are other threads, concerning real illness issues, which manifest because of this Ui.

nausea:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/264743-new-ui-makes-me-nauseous/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/264437-nausea-and-new-interface/

color blindness:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263869-de-you-missed-the-colorblind-folks-again/

And much more. Just open your eyes, be as objectiv as possible and read through the different threads and links. The additional clicks are only the peak of the mountain.

this has nothing to do with the little pic above. the people are complaing because they have real problems with the UI and are not blinded by the graphic or the new pets. every point in the first link can be found ingame. you have to click more. you have to search more. the simplicity suffers a lot. the quick access to missions (especially alerts) and news suffers alot. you need to switch between the two UI forms (ship and [ESC]) if you want to visit the inbox or the inventory and so on. even now there much more points. just visit the links, do me a pleasure :)

Edited by Atvir

These additional click are only ONE aspect of the new UI which shows what went wrong. just follow these link ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263785-new-ui-feedback-from-uiux-designer-visually-nicer-slower-to-use-more-clicks-to-do-the-same-task/ ) and you will see what we mean. If it would only be about a "few" additional clicks, it would be acceptable - more or less - but it isnt. just follow the link and inform yourself. it is way to much to post here over and over again.

I understand what you mean, but nobody's going to listen to someone who cries about a button press, instead of providing suggestions.

I understand what you mean, but nobody's going to listen to someone who cries about a button press, instead of providing suggestions.

Again, what do you want to accomplish with this stupid accusation? Just follow the link, there are a lot of suggestions to improve the current UI, from me and many others to on the next pages.

Why should i post minute long posts with a dozen screenshot in this thread if there is a good up to date one available with ONE click and i even posted a link to it.

if you follow you will see that there are soo many problems, issues and suggestions, that it would fill the next 10 pages of this thread. so why spam this thread full with suggestions if there is a good sorted one available?

nevertheless, thank you for not reading my post.

Edited by Atvir

Again, what do you want to accomplish with this stupid accusation? Just follow the link, there are a lot of suggestions to improve the current UI, from me and many others to on the next pages.

Why should i post minute long posts with a dozen screenshot in this thread if there is a good up to date one available with ONE click?

You shouldn't. What you should do is stop being rude to others and stop moaning on probably every topic about this issue. If there's such a good up to date topic as you say, then why do you still bother to criticize and be impolite?

Edited by JRMC

read my posts... I've provided a considerable amount of constructive feedback... i have outlined the major issues with the UI, and provided numerous means by which they could be rectified... 

to the point.. your sanctimonious and rude reply only reinforces my comment to you.