Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Max Warframe Rank 30?

Yutty

I'm at level 30 on my Volt and it doesn't seem to record any progress xp anymore. After a level it shows i gained some the bar looks full then it looks empty showing me at rank 30 with 0. been like this for a whileis level 30 max for a warframe?

Edited by Yutty

It doesn't take long to level your warframe to 30, but it can take quite a while to get some decent mods to really make it shine. Remember you only get level 30 mod drops playing with level 30 equipment. Isn't it basically the same with most MMOs? Takes much longer to get optimum gear than to get to max level.

Also, weapons seem to level much more slowly than warframes.

Edited by Sealgaire

Future expansion, obviously. That and to drive home the point you should be playing co-op, probably.

My guess is that it stops counting at 30 because;

1) You've got to have unlocked everything there is in the point web. You have nothing to spend points on, and ranks themselves don't seem to do anything. Why give the players points they can't use? A level 999 Loki would be no different from a level 30 Loki, save for the modifications it can install.

2) Ranks mean mastery, and mastery means levels. The game is thus encouraging you to try out different weapons and playstyles in order to accumulate more mastery and eventually unlock other cool toys that will no doubt be locked to your character/account level rather than your frame or weapon ranks.

3) So people don't get too far ahead and start breezing through new content as soon as it's released. Great, you made it to Level 999 and have a bunch of Level 999 mods from playing so much -- now nothing will ever challenge you unless the devs introduce ridiculous amounts of rank/level inflation. Sooner or later (most likely sooner) you'll get bored and go play something else.

Edited by Arcalane

I'm fine with a lower level cap as long as there is challenging content at that level. In fact levels are rather pointless if the developers can just make challenging content at any level. I really enjoyed playing level 40+ content as a level 30 because it was challenging until I acquired really good mods. Also I elected not to use the overload skill for an added challenge.

That said we do need talent trees with options greater than the amount of points we are alloted to create more unique class combinations beyond what items are placed in mod slots. Mod slots are a good start but if there's already a respec in place it makes sense to have say... 40-50 point talent trees instead of 30.

Edited by MegatechBody

re: Pluto - The cap seems to be there to create a zone tha'ts challenging for the players. Currently the challenge comes from having mobs with more health (higher levels) and more damage. I'd personally like to see this reworked so that its not just a battle of attrition, though as its been stated in this thread, when you hit 30 even with barely okay mods, you'll find pluto to be incredibly easy if you didnt prior to hitting 30.

There's also a problem once you get close to 30 that you can just simply farm the "end" boss and go from the low 20's to 30 in a few hours. Definitely kills a lot of the fun in the progression aspect of things.

But I also agree with what's said about farming mods. It would really be nice to have a place wher we could use these mods though.

It doesn't take long to level your warframe to 30, but it can take quite a while to get some decent mods to really make it shine. Remember you only get level 30 mod drops playing with level 30 equipment. Isn't it basically the same with most MMOs? Takes much longer to get optimum gear than to get to max level.

Also, weapons seem to level much more slowly than warframes.

That's because your warframe gets all the exp you got during the mission while your weapons only get exp from the enemies you killed with it.