The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Much Maintenance Do These Kubrows Take?

magusat999

Question

I'm just incubating my first Kubrow right now and I have no idea about the whole process. I have been reading people's posts, however, and it seems that there is a lot of "micro-managing" the Kubrow. I'd like someone, if you don't mind, to paint a more concise picture of this whole process - if it's going to be like a Tamagochi (those stupid handheld electronic "pet" games from the early 90's... that for most people lasted about two weeks before they just let the irritating, never-satisfied mutt die) I'd prefer to move on. Warframe does not strike me as a game you constantly need to check on. My Sentinel doesn't need constant attention, and I hope this Kubrow won't be some silly mini-game either. I'm just saying - maybe it isn't that bad? I have no idea - perhaps someone can clue me in?

19 answers to this question

Basically every 24 hours, your kubrow's health bonus will decrease by 20%. The DNA stabilizers can be bought in the market for 100,000 credits for a pack of 6 of them.

Another part (albeit bugged atm) is the loyalty. According to DE you need to pet your kubrow to increase their loyalty but as of right now that does not function correctly

It's a mini-game.

Currently the loyalty mechanic is broken.  Once your Kubrow dies, you loose -40% damage buff.  You start with a +100% buff, and you can't currently get that back, so it has a very limited combat factor if it dies a few times.  Oh, and arc traps on Mercury pretty much kill them outright, so don't try to level on mercury.

It seems like it's every day, but you have to feed them "DNA stabilizers", which you buy from the market for 100k credits and come in a pack of 6.  i expect this is at least 100k per week, if not more.

It takes 2 days for an egg to incubate, then another 24 hours or so for the puppy to mature.

Hope this gives you a few answers.  My personal opinion is that they aren't worth dealing with until the Devs fix their major bugs.

Basically every 24 hours, your kubrow's health bonus will decrease by 20%. The DNA stabilizers can be bought in the market for 100,000 credits for a pack of 6 of them.

Well about the stabilizers, does 1 use of that refills the Kubrow's DNA Integrity to maximum value? well for example...

If my Kubrow's DNA Integrity is 40% and I used a stabilizer, will it be back to full 100%?

Well about the stabilizers, does 1 use of that refills the Kubrow's DNA Integrity to maximum value? well for example...

If my Kubrow's DNA Integrity is 40% and I used a stabilizer, will it be back to full 100%?

No one knows for sure, but I believe so yes.

So if you don't keep buying stabilizers, I assume that it eventually dies?

If so, then as a casual player I guess I'll end up sticking the thing in stasis indefinitely (assuming no degradation there). Already building the incubator power core, but might not have bothered if I'd known that these things were going to be an endless money sink.

This is just Ridiculas... I think major changes are going to be needed to this pet system.....

100k for 6 DNA stabilizers is just asking far too much.... 25K for 6 I could see and or manage, but not 100K...

The Devs are very much mistaken if they think this is a good idea...... 95% of the player base is just going to give up and not even bother with these Kubrows............. may as well stick with the Sentinels... for one you dont need to maintain them, and they never lose loyalty nor do you have to pay out 100K all the time........ nor do the Sentinels lose HP or Damage if you do not maintain them........ just does not make any sense whatsoever....

so, yeah its pretty clear 95% atleast will give up on Kubrows, they just are not worth it at all....

the Devs need to remove the Loyalty and DNA Integrity system for the Kubrows, they should just be a Sentinel substitute without the ludicrous money sink...

Like make changes to the maintain system so it more of a benifet and less of a annoyance to constantly buy stuff for it. Dont get me wrong i like the kubrows and stuff but make it easier to keep other wise sentinals are bassicly better.

Edited by Mythicman25

This is just Ridiculas... I think major changes are going to be needed to this pet system.....

100k for 6 DNA stabilizers is just asking far too much.... 25K for 6 I could see and or manage, but not 100K...

The Devs are very much mistaken if they think this is a good idea...... 95% of the player base is just going to give up and not even bother with these Kubrows............. may as well stick with the Sentinels... for one you dont need to maintain them, and they never lose loyalty nor do you have to pay out 100K all the time........ nor do the Sentinels lose HP or Damage if you do not maintain them........ just does not make any sense whatsoever....

so, yeah its pretty clear 95% atleast will give up on Kubrows, they just are not worth it at all....

the Devs need to remove the Loyalty and DNA Integrity system for the Kubrows, they should just be a Sentinel substitute without the ludicrous money sink...

True

I dont mind the loyalty system but the integrity system is way too much of a hassle

I dont think I have to mention all of the problems you have stated but here is one more that was not mentioned. FIRE. Every time there is fire on a level my kubrow always dies by it. To the point where I am NEVER taking him on missions. They are far too fragile for what they cost to maintain and they either NEED a huge buff or they need to reduce the cost of materials and rarity of materials for them by at least half.

I dont think I have to mention all of the problems you have stated but here is one more that was not mentioned. FIRE. Every time there is fire on a level my kubrow always dies by it. To the point where I am NEVER taking him on missions. They are far too fragile for what they cost to maintain and they either NEED a huge buff or they need to reduce the cost of materials and rarity of materials for them by at least half.

The whole idea of giving it dna stabalizers doesnt make sense. like a sentiennal doesnt need like an for example power core switch. if they least change how the dna works mabey like make it only go down if you use it in missons allot not over time that is dumb , people are gonna be broke by just buying the dna things :l

I absolutely agree.

They may be cute and stuff but...100k creds ? Seriously ?

I will definetely put it in stasis and bye bye. At least until they change things.

No way I'm going to spend that much AND also live in the stress of trying to keep him alive during missions.

The loyalty system may be ok,but the costs of DNA stabilyzers makes them an absolutely bad alternative to sentinels in my opinion.

Edited by Phobesse

100k for 6 stabilizers? It's in-game currency, but still... For anyone planning on maintaining a dog, that's a pretty hefty investment. Jeez. No thanks.

Thats literally like 20 minutes worth of Sechura without credit boosters. Your lazy! And considering 100k worth of boosters will literally last you 2 weeks, you don't have to use it the minute it drops below 100%, just don't go getting it killed immediately and they will last a while.

Edited by Sedant

Another part (albeit bugged atm) is the loyalty. According to DE you need to pet your kubrow to increase their loyalty but as of right now that does not function correctly

Thanks so much. For credit farming Id just go and do some void missions to get the 75k for the DNA stabalizers