Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

References Of Mirage Warframe Concept

Latronico

Hi guys,

I will post all the things that I think had contribute to the creation of Mirage concept. 

1) Taking an overall view on the Waframe allow to recognize a lot of similarities with the Italian mask Arlecchino (Harlequin). In particular, they share two things. First of all the laying resemble Harlequin movements (he's an exuberant mask, who often dance and makes jokes). Second, the entire lower part of the legs (Mirage's ones really look like Harlequin shoes and socks)

Here's an image:

30cw10y.jpg

2) Mirage 'face' looks like another kind of Italian mask, Medico della Peste (Medic of the Plague). His mask clearly shows the Italian carnival masks style, that has probably inspired the Mirage 'face'.

Image:

sf9hqq.jpg

3) Mirage Harlequin Helmet, as someone else noticed, is inspired by Harley Quinn hat (the character from DC comics), both inspired by the jester hat.

Here's an image:

14xp0yu.jpg

4) If you take a look to Mirage Abilities, their energy appears quite coloured. It resembles another thing from Italian carnivals, called 'coriandoli' (English dictionary show me, as translation, 'confettis'. I don't know why confetti is used as a translation for 'coriandoli' because they're two different things. Coriandoli are made of coloured paper and are used to throw to other people during Carnival, confetti are a kind of candies made of almonds, sugar and usually chocolate). 

5) As I said, Harlequin often makes jokes to other masks and people. Mirage does something deadly similar with her Abilities (I mean the hidden mines).

I hope people could find it interesting. 

Edited by Latronico

uD9Udaf.jpg

+1, this is all the resemblance you need.

Also, I don't know what confetti you have (I assume the Italian chocolates), but that IS the name given to colored paper, and probably the reason the chocolates are named like that.

Edited by Maxscart

+1, this is all the resemblance you need.

Also, I don't know what confetti you have, but that IS the name given to colored paper.

I took a look around. It seems that the rest of the World call those two things 'confetti' because during Renaissance in italy we often throw these candies to marriages (coriandoli as pieces of coloured paper were invented sime time later). That's the source of misunderstanding. We called them 'confetti' because they were that kind of candies.

But, however, the correct name is coriandoli. Believe me, I'm Italian.