Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forge Mutators

Mortarion

In an old post regarding a certain topic on a weapon (wasn't my post), DESteve mentioned that in the future the Foundry would have a feature called Mutators. Apparently Mutators are supposed to add a randomized feature to a piece of equipment. What do you think the features will be? Personally I would hope the randomization would reach levels similar to that of the Borderlands series.

I think at this point any new content would be welcome. Even it is not the best idea it's closed beta so trying out all sorts of idea's should be done now. That way if it works out well it'll be noted and if it doesnt we'll know and try to fix it. I think adding random stats to gear would be pretty interesting if done right. With all the mods we have access to now its kinda hard to imagine what other effects could be added to our gear. Something that would be really interesting might be like an amor stat to reflect damage taken or like poison enemies who melee you (kinda like that infected creature does).

Yeah DESteve said that the mutators were gonna be crazy and actually change the appearance of the weapon too.

Fun, until you realize one of your weapons that you can only get with platinum turned awful looking and you need another one or live with it forever. xD

Actually, getting a random look you dont like on ANY rank 10+ weapon would suck. especially something like your main gun, atm my Latron is at rank 24, I'd still probably toss it if it turned to look like crap :P

Edited by Mimterest

Fun, until you realize one of your weapons that you can only get with platinum turned awful looking and you need another one or live with it forever. xD

Actually, getting a random look you dont like on ANY rank 10+ weapon would suck. especially something like your main gun, atm my Latron is at rank 24, I'd still probably toss it if it turned to look like crap :P

I'm thinking that Mutators would be something that can only be put on a weapon on creation - like the random crafting effects in mos MMOs.

At least, that's how I'm taking it. I may be completely off the mark.

In an old post regarding a certain topic on a weapon (wasn't my post), DESteve mentioned that in the future the Foundry would have a feature called Mutators. Apparently Mutators are supposed to add a randomized feature to a piece of equipment. What do you think the features will be? Personally I would hope the randomization would reach levels similar to that of the Borderlands series.

First I got interested, then I realized it sounds more like a plat-only feature, I hope not