Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Feel Cheated By The Kubrow Scrambler

MrCranky_BR

So I hatch my second Kubrow egg only to find out, in complete disappointment, the ONLY difference from my first is I got a male this time. It's another Sahasa, it's also white, and get this, even the eye color is the same.

So I decide to roll with the punch thinking oh well, it's DE's RNG at work again...and I spend 10 platinum on the Scrambler to try and at least get something different.

And guess what: It didn't change ANYTHING. Really? I understand RNG, but if I spend ACTUAL MONEY on something, even if it's so little, I expect to get something for it.

RNG is fine. But without a safeguard to ensure the player is not going to be given the exact same result as before, it's RNG flipping the virtual bird at us. By all means give me a random Scrambler result, but at least a result that actually scrambled something!!

i'm not even going to bother asking for 10 plat back. It's not about that. It's about the frustration the entire proces can accumulate. Incidentally, I did try again and got a satisfying result, even though i'm still stuck with two Sahasas...

(Edited for less rage. Can we focus on the issue now? thanks)

Edited by MrCranky_BR

I'm not a fan of how far DE has gone down the route of pay not to grind/wait, strictly speaking the look of your kubrow is purely cosmetic and thus doesn't really matter, making you pay real money to change it is in-line with fair F2P, but yeah if your random result can be exactly the same as before that's broken, at least one element should have to change, re-roll the RNG if the result is identical to the original.

Kubrows on the whole seems a huge platinum/credit sink, 100k for 6 doses of DNA stabilizer that you can't get any other way? Low % drop and parts using argon etc you can buy using plat instead etc.

Feels well crafted to make people that wanted a Kubrow day 1 fork over a lot of real money to not wait/grind for them.

So I hatch my second Kubrow egg only to find out, in complete disappointment, the ONLY difference from my first is I got a male this time. It's another Sahasa, it's also white, and get this, even the eye color is the same.

So I decide to roll with the punch thinking oh well, it's DE's RNG at work again...and I spend 10 platinum on the Scrambler to try and at least get something different.

And guess what: It didn't change ANYTHING. Are you freaking serious? I understand RNG, but if I spend ACTUAL MONEY on something, even if it's so little, I expect to get something for it.

RNG is fine. But without a safeguard to ensure the player is not going to be given the exact same result as before, it's RNG flipping the virtual bird at us. By all means give me a random Scrambler result, but at least a result that actually SCRAMBLED something!!

i'm not even going to bother asking for 10 plat back. Keep your dirty money. Then again I'm not spending another cent on this pathetic gambling game if this is how you are going to handle things.

Yeah I had to use the scramble 3 times to make mine look different. At least it is dark now

I love the Way you are angry at DE for RNG, and that the scrambler is not giving you something new,if you freak out it will not help, start out with being a calm player, please manners are everything

Now to what you are saying, yeah I can't remember which Kubrow I got (my parents believe we should live in the Stone Age the next three weeks) but hey I am just happy I got a freaking dog! So should you they are amazing, with amazing animations, yeah you can't get exactly the Kubrow you want. So what? Use the dog you get and then use the time you get to get another Kubrow, that's what I am doing while I can only sneak about time into warframe

I love the Way you are angry at DE for RNG, and that the scrambler is not giving you something new,if you freak out it ...

I didn't insult anyone. I merely expressed frustration. Apparently too well. I'll take that as a compliment on my writing skills in English, since it's not my first language.

So much anger over 66 cents...

It's not about how much money. It's about the fact that the system is working this way. Another player posted saying how he had to do it three times to get a different result. So what then? Where do you draw the line? When is it too much?

Perhaps my anger was accumulated by the fact that RNG trolled me in a row (same kubrow type, then no scramble change). Or perhaps because I did spend more plat rushing the incubation...but I didn't mention that before because that is fair: i got what I paid for.

Point is, I want DE to know that there is a way too much room for frustration in how we get Kubrows.

You go through all the process of getting egg (RNG low drop chance or plat),

building power core (grind for creds and wait or plat),

wait for incubation (or plat);

...and then you get the same Kubrow you already have? Fine, RNG. But then the Scrambler does nothing despite plat again? And each of your twin Kubrows take a Stasis spot, wich is an inventory slot (that also costs plat by the way), and there's no visible way of deleting a Kubrow so far...(maybe there is, but I don't know yet).

It's too much.

Edited by MrCranky_BR

Have you consider it might be a bug?, it barely came out 2 days ago.

The first Kubrows hatching are always being full white for everyone unless you had imprints for the Kubrow starter pack.

No it's not a bug...White and Cream White are possible colors.

So much anger over 66 cents...

Wow...talk about totally missing the point.

Edited by Hexagoros

It's not about how much money. It's about the fact that the system is working this way. Another player posted saying how he had to do it three times to get a different result. 

..............................................................................    Uhhh ................................................................

This. Game. Is. In. Beta.................................................

The Update came out 2 days ago..................................

What. Is. Wrong. With. You...................

Wake up. It's not supposed to work 100% right away.

..............................................................................    Uhhh ................................................................

Beta shmata............................

This game will always be Beta.......................

If you don't point out the problems on a beta they don't get fixed...................

Here is 2 slaps for being a dumb &#!.

Edited by 2013slinger

While I understand your point and agree (partially), RNG is a beast well-known for its cr@p. So instead of making us play with genetics and creating our perfect Kubrow DE just make it a platinum purchase and RNG decides the outcome. Really bad decision.

Beta no long shows up on the login menu like before so gonna assume its not beta anymore, and even if it is still in beta using it as a excuse is sad. The game is old enough and gone far enough that it shouldn't even be considered beta imo.

So instead of making us play with genetics and creating our perfect Kubrow DE just make it a platinum purchase and RNG decides the outcome. Really bad decision.

Basically this, get it people, this^.

It's one thing that we pay to skip grind times and cosmetics, those two are perfectly fair. But when we're paying real money for a small RNG chance... sorry DE, but that is disgusting.

I mean I'd honestly be fine on paying each time we wanted to change it's colors, so long as we decide what we want.