Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, I Feel Cheated By The Kubrow Scrambler

MrCranky_BR

Beta no long shows up on the login menu like before so gonna assume its not beta anymore, and even if it is still in beta using it as a excuse is sad. The game is old enough and gone far enough that it shouldn't even be considered beta imo.

Actually it's not a beta for a very long time. Time periods of Warframe are (in my opinion) - Closed Beta>Open Alpha>(somewhen in the future)Open Beta>(may happen)release.

Anyway, this thing is dumb. Having to pay to get randomized colors is definetely something I would expect from PWE. At least make it so you pay it once and can reroll the colors until you confirm that you want that Kubrow. Once it's confirmed, you have to pay again to change it.

Or, you know, let me use my damn color pallete that I already paid for ¬¬

Any and all gambling based systems in mmos are basically a DO NOT USE EVER thing.

Waste of money.

The better option would have been to give the ability to completely customize the outcome for plat.

Which I don't understand why it wasn't implemented already.

Edited by Ziegrif

..............................................................................    Uhhh ................................................................

This. Game. Is. In. Beta.................................................

The Update came out 2 days ago..................................

What. Is. Wrong. With. You...................

Wake up. It's not supposed to work 100% right away.

What is wrong with you then?!

So it's beta?! Okay, fine. Well guess what, Einstein, I'm reporting a "bug" then! Move this to the bug report section. Would that make you happy, your highness? What do you think I should do, not say a word?! If it's just because it's beta, then reporting issues is WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO!

And if it's not a bug like I think, then I'm still in my right to question the way it is functioning and say I'm not satisfied with it. Chalk it up to my opinion. That's also FEEDBACK. Either way, I can share my opinion. So try to contribute to the actual discussion or keep your mouth shut. Disagree with me all you want, but don't insult me.

oh god.

Will they introduce a new feature for warframe and sentinel colours?

Pay 10p and get some random colour on your frame?

Why can not the kubrow colours follow the same path as the frames and sentinels?

..............................................................................    Uhhh ................................................................

Don't give us that "It's in beta" crap. Real money is involved.

Don't give us that "It's in beta" crap. Real money is involved.

This. The title of beta has been used far too often as a shield for buggy games that should be much more progressed, especially with the amount of cash shop stuff some have (including Warframe).

There are so many reasons why this post rubs me the wrong way

To better give my opinion as my responce seemed short, if genetic imprints are going to be tradeable, isnt it sensible to assume that the best way to get what yuo want is to trade for it and such rather than fork out a lot of plat? Think of games like flight rising or something, pet games basically with breeding, you arent garunteed to get the colours/breed you want, but you can trade it for what you do want if someone else wants what you got.

To better give my opinion as my responce seemed short, if genetic imprints are going to be tradeable, isnt it sensible to assume that the best way to get what yuo want is to trade for it and such rather than fork out a lot of plat? Think of games like flight rising or something, pet games basically with breeding, you arent garunteed to get the colours/breed you want, but you can trade it for what you do want if someone else wants what you got.

Except that you still can't reliably get what you want. As I've stated in other threads, the BEST CASE scenario is that the resultant bred kubrow is a carbon copy of one of the two inputs.

So you're talking a 50/50 shot.

What if the far more reasonable instance of genetic blending occurs? Let's say we have:

Kubrow A:

Striped body - Gray

Solid legs - Clay red

Blue eyes

Kubrow B:

Solid body - brown and black

Striped legs - white

Pink eyes

You could get:

Striped body: Gray

Striped body: Brown

Striped body: Black

Solid body: Gray

Solid body: Brown

Solid body: Black

Solid body: Gray/Brown

That's 12 bodies x 4 legs x 2 eyes = 96 possible combinations with two "knowns".

We haven't even touched on male/female and the class.

So unless you buy a ton of imprints (meaning demand will be pretty high, especially because they need to be built), good luck getting what you want.

This system has enough RNG in it in the free version (breeding) that the platinum version ought to allow players to skip all of this. Multiply the chances that you get something you want by the chances of the correct class, then multiply it by the number of different kubrows you want. Yeah.

Edited by Seox

So I hatch my second Kubrow egg only to find out, in complete disappointment, the ONLY difference from my first is I got a male this time. It's another Sahasa, it's also white, and get this, even the eye color is the same.

So I decide to roll with the punch thinking oh well, it's DE's RNG at work again...and I spend 10 platinum on the Scrambler to try and at least get something different.

And guess what: It didn't change ANYTHING. Really? I understand RNG, but if I spend ACTUAL MONEY on something, even if it's so little, I expect to get something for it.

RNG is fine. But without a safeguard to ensure the player is not going to be given the exact same result as before, it's RNG flipping the virtual bird at us. By all means give me a random Scrambler result, but at least a result that actually scrambled something!!

i'm not even going to bother asking for 10 plat back. It's not about that. It's about the frustration the entire proces can accumulate. Incidentally, I did try again and got a satisfying result, even though i'm still stuck with two Sahasas...

(Edited for less rage. Can we focus on the issue now? thanks)

It stays white til it matures lol XD

You'd think in a "Genetic Foundry" you'd be able to engineer traits (IE. Customize)

That's what I was expecting. I'd be fine with hunting Kubrows for these traits. But this is BS. What the f*ck were DE thinking?

WOW your lucky that looks great , congrats :)

Certainly makes up for the 40 or so runs to get the egg. Just hope it doesn't mature into a complete derp.

Also enjoying the interaction 'glitch'. (press E/quick melee when next to the incubator)

wsS0eK3.jpg

Well think about it in this way, you are meant to breed kubrows, its meant to be a fun thing that is also going to last you a while, what you want is to be able to colour a Kubrow any way you please. My issue with this is that it would kind of kill the Kubrow system for me and the whole genetic imprint thing.

Think about it from another type of game perspective, like the game flight rising, on that you have dragons, a lot of em, different breeds colours and genes, yu can breed them together to make more and the genes of the parents will influence the ofspring, you dont have control over what goes where after all its being born not built. This allows for some pretty zany dragons and badass ones, if you dont get what you want you just bide your time breed more until you get what you need.

If that game let me just pick the colours and genes of each one I would have stopped ages ahgo, as RNG in a breeding system is generally something I want. You want a carbon copy, breed two carbon copies, but realy thats kind of boring!

Sometimes with RNG things in this regard you get a colour scheme you would have never picked yourself, but after seeing it it just looks badass

And on a final note, its cosmetic isnt it, what are the only things you usually HAVE to pay for in warframe? Guns? Sentinals? No, its cosmetic items.

Now granted, if you could get more kubrow armour or accesories (Kubro synadas come on!) That would be something I would argue you should be able to colour, but not their inherant natural colours.