Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insurgent (Warframe Idea) ((With Art)) (((Now With Weapons)))

MehrunesDagon

Warframe is an amazing game, one that I got hooked on instantly. The game-play is great; but the aesthetic and abilities of the different Warframes are what I was most attracted to. With the exception of a few details, every Frame looks amazing, and has a role to play. Of course I had to try my hand at creating my own, and so I developed a few ideas (as well as a many more ideas I've worked together in a sort of fan-made major update). I'd ike to focus on one in particular:

INSURGENT (Or GEURILLA. Or TRIGGER. Or TIER. Or anything else, the name is open for debate.)

The Tenno face opposition in overhwleming numbers, so most Warframes rely on speed raids to accomplish their goals. INSURGENT would operate under a different set of rules. Playing this frame would utilize stealth, but only as a means to an end. Careful planning, and awareness of enemy positions would be required to survive.

CapedCrusader_zps5e65ac51.jpg

The inspiration for this Frame comes from special forces, and the infamous "Tier 1 Operatives".

INSURGENT would have a base: 75 HP, 125 Power, 50 Armor, 75 Shield Capacity, 22,5 Shield Recharge Rate, and a 1.0 sprint speed.

INSURGENT's abilities would revovle around setting up the parameters for a perfect ambush, and then triggering it to annihilate small groups of enemies. This would be a Frame perfectly suited to solo play, but still have utility in a group.

ABILITIES:

Recon Drone: Energy 25.
INSURGENT can deploy a small, inconspicous drone to highlight enemy positions to all party members, even through walls. Enemies within the drone's special radius will recieve increased damage from all sources.

The drone will be thrown where the targeting reticule is located. It will instantly deploy, and enemies within a 10 meter range will be shown on the mini-map, and also be highlighted by a bluish border around their form, which can be seen through walls and cover. Enemies within the drone's smaller aura (3 meters), designated by a red border, will recieve 3% extra damage from all sources.

This ability may hold similarities to BANSHEE's SONAR ability, though I have never used it, or seen it used. Therefore I could not really say if my ability is superfluous. I wanted to give RECON DRONE enough additional powers to make it still viable for use even when the ENEMY RADAR artifact is equipped in a party.

The radius of the reveal aura, and the amount of extra damage taken, would increase with ability FUSION: 10 meters/ 3 percent damage boost, 15 meters/ 6 percent damage boost, 20 meters/ 9 percent damage boost. The radius of the damage boost aura would NOT increase. A sort of holographic targeting display graphic would appear on INSURGENT's helmet when this abiity is in effet, purely for cosmetic flair.

Cluster Grenade: Energy 50.
INSURGENT launches a cluster of miniature fragmentation grenades. These explosive can be arched over or around cover; enemies near the blast will be injured, or killed, and be forced to flee from their cover.

A fairly simple power, Cluster grenades would be launched from a small aparatus on INSURGENT's wrist. A power to be used at long or close range, the cluster has a failry tight cone, but will spread more the further distance travelled. They will fly in a straight line, but drop down near the end of their flight. With the standard range of 5 meters, the grenades would begin to fall at around 4. It would be advisable to fire them higher than your intended target so you can land them over cover, or obstacles. The grenades will detonate when they touch an enemy, or a surface. The power is intended to flush out enemies, forcing them into the open, instead of forcing you to close the distance or pursue them. The standard damage of a single grenade would be a flat 100. If possible, a synergy would be added with the mods on the Frame's equipped main weapon. For instance, if an INSURGENT's BRATON has a flame mod equipped, the grenade will take on incendiary qualities, and do additional flame damage. A frost mod would add the frost slowing effect, and so on. If fired at a close range enemy, all grenades may hit that target, making it a useful tool for all ranges, and for dealing damage to heavy units and bosses at short distances.

The amount of grenades launched, the range they fly, and the damage done would increase with ability FUSION: 5 meter flight/ 2 grenades launched/ 100 damage per grenade, 10 meter flight/ 4 grenades launched/ 200 damage per grenade, 15 meter flight/ 6 grenades launched, 300 damage per grenade.

Trip Mine: Energy 75.
INSURGENT places a Trip Mine in a heavily trafficed area; the Mine will detonate with explosive force when triggered. Due to INSURGENT's enhanced physicality, a mine can also be placed on an enemy unit without them noticing. In this instance, the Mine becomes a proximity explosive, and will detonate when the mined unit approaches their allies.

Designed to be used in conjunction with Recon Drone, Trip mine is where INSURGENT's tactical stealth comes into play. Recon Drone will allow you see all enemy positions, and get a general idea of their walking paths. With this information the best area to plant a Mine can be found. A red laser line will extend from the mine in a cross pattern, and will explode if an enemy unit passes through the line. The laser line will only extend about 5 meters from the Mine, so that the tirggering unit will still be in range of the explosion. If undetected INSURGENT is even stealthy enough to plant a Mine on a target, which will then explode when that unit comes into range of other enemy units. Units within the fatal area will be killed; units just outside it will be stunned.

The stun range will be 1 meter outside the lethal range. The lethal range of the explosion, and the damage inflicted will increase with ability FUSION: 15 meter lethal range/ 200 damage inflicted, 20 meter lethal range/ 400 damage inflicted, 25 meter range/ 600 damage inflicted.

Addendum: Instead of simply increasing the damage output of the mine, perhaps a more interesting idea would be to increase the number of placable mines. Fusion would add the ability to place one additional mine, up to a maximum of three, for each respective level of the ability mod. If three mines are on the field, placing a fourth will detonate the first one placed.

Heightened Sense: Energy 100.
INSURGENT's frame controls the flow of adrenaline and incudes a meditation-like state. Time seems to slow as enemies are reduced to a crawl, allowing INSURGENT to eliminate his foes with surgeon-like precision.

Essentially a bullet-time ability; everything will slow down around the player, enemies and allies alike. While considerably cliche, it fits the theme, and can be used in tandem with other powers for great results. You can use grenades to flush out enemies, then activate Heightened Sense to mow them down as they flee the explosion. You can use Heightened Sense to pick off the enemies stunned by Trip Mine's effect. A powerful enemy inside of the Recon Drone's damage-enhancing aura can be devestated when using Heightened Sense to get shots on while they are helpless to flee. There could be a critical chance increase associated with the ability, though I don't know how that would interfere with +CRIT mods.

The duration of the Heightened Sense's slow down effect would be increased with ability Fusion: 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds.

(This ability is fairly un-inspired, so it is open for revision.)

______________________________________________________________________________________________

To me, EXCALIBUR is THE sword-fighter Warframe. I wanted to develop INSURGENT as THE gun-slinger Warframe. I would recommend using long range weapons, and close-range backups, and perhaps forgo focusing too much on melee weapons. I have several ideas for weapons in my head too; weapons that would mesh perfectly with INSURGENT's intended play-style.

So, that is my take on Warframe development. I'd ove to hear some feed-back from other members of the community. Tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, what you would change. I've got other ideas for more Frames, hazards, levels, weapons, pretty much everything. Depending on feedback, I might share some more.

Operator_zpsb66a4762.jpg

Wall of Text. Hope it isn't too horrible to trudge through.

Edited by MehrunesDagon

Damn is this concept awesome ',' I can already picture this on Corpus Planets, sitting with a Snipetron and just picking people off one by one before moving on. The only comment I got to make about is the downside of slowing other players down with the suggested Ultimate ability. This could be used as a form of griefing for less scrupulous players, so maybe it's effect is somehow shared with other allied warframes, while the Insurgent also gets a buff to speed/reload/maneuvers during the effect duration, to keep it unique and powerful?

Damn is this concept awesome ',' I can already picture this on Corpus Planets, sitting with a Snipetron and just picking people off one by one before moving on. The only comment I got to make about is the downside of slowing other players down with the suggested Ultimate ability. This could be used as a form of griefing for less scrupulous players, so maybe it's effect is somehow shared with other allied warframes, while the Insurgent also gets a buff to speed/reload/maneuvers during the effect duration, to keep it unique and powerful?

That is a fair concern; like I said the Ultimate wasn't fleshed out as well as I would like. Some bonuses to speed, and reload would definitely make the power seem more unique. Glad you took some time to read up on my ideas.

Banshee covers a fair bit of stealth so far. I would like to see stealth as a more prominent role but I think stealth has a fair way to go to be fully effective.

Right. I didn't want my Frame to be redundant, or reduce other Frames' roles. So INSURGENT would fill more of a squad support role, or be able to lone-wolf, or provide a kind of "scout" role. Stealth would be used to set up the perfect devstating ambush to eliminate stronger opponents; you would only be sneaking around until you find the perfect opportunity to catch your foes within range of your sensors, and trip mines.

Edited by MehrunesDagon

In addition, here are some weapons I dreamed up to add effective options to INSURGENT's arsenal.

Weapons_zps0a81c524.jpg

The MINOTAUR Grenade Launcher is a heavy weapon of Grineer design. Designed to lob explosives far distances, a concentrated barrage on a small group of soldiers can effectively halt their advance or retreat. The base damage is low, though the target in the center of several shots will be obliterated, and his fellows knocked back, and staggered. The amount of shells a Tenno can carry into combat, as well as the low magazine of the weapon and intense recoil, means shots must be placed carefully.

The SUNDER Railgun is a long-distance rifle manufactured by the Corpus. Employing the same Rail technology used by more advanced MOA variants, the Sunder is a lethal sniper rifle. A small charge time is required to propel the shot down the barrel, but it delivers tremendous force when it connects. Many weaker enemies will be felled with a single shot, and stronger foes will be staggered. The rifle has a low base magazine, and a prohibitively low rate of fire. Patient Tenno will find themselves rewarded for thier accuracy.

The SLOUGH dagger is an infested weapon recovered from newly breached quarantine zones. The dagger has a serrated edge dripping with coagulated poisons; it inflicts small damaged in open combat, but will instantly kill most weaker foes with a succesfull sneak attack. Slashed combatants will find themselves fatigued and confused as a slow-acting toxin works through their systems. (Enemy speed is lowered, and they take longer to focus, and start firing on players.)

I like it and would play as it. As for weapons, the railgun is a must have (and been requested in previous threads), I'd bet more infected weapons are already in development, and the Devs tried grenade weapons early beta and didn't like them, so no Minotaur.

I like it and would play as it. As for weapons, the railgun is a must have (and been requested in previous threads), I'd bet more infected weapons are already in development, and the Devs tried grenade weapons early beta and didn't like them, so no Minotaur.

That's a shame, I feel like we really need some explosive ordinance in the game.

Glad you like some of my ideas though.