Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Vs Sentinel (Disappointment)

Garuda4711

I didn't find any related topic so I wonder, if I am the only one who is rather disappointed that you can either bring your kubrow OR your sentinel. I was under the impression that the kubrow would be an addition to what we have, not yet another sentinel.

I don't want to start whining about my (formaed) Djinn with its (6-formaed) DethmachineRifle. In this game you rather get used to the fact, that some of the time just spend into equipment is completely wasted after another update; so that's not my point.

My point is that (real) sentinels are just what belongs into a Space-Ninja game: hovering utility platforms; some heavily armed, some stealthy, others have Vacuum. Kubrows (pets) might add to this feature, but they should not replace it. And from what I read from other players the kubrows are rather entertainment than really useful/helpful.

I'd like to hear other opinions on that...

So I just got my Sahasa Kubrow going, lvl 5 with maxed dig. Just to find out that they DO NOT PICK UP ITEMS.

If I recall correctly the description said something about fetch which lead to me and probably everyone thinking they would fulfill the role as the new carrier. WRONG.

They do not pick up items. They only dig credits or ammo boxes IF YOU STOP. If you are moving they will just follow you or attack if enemies. only when no enemies around and stopped will they dig a few items that you need to go get yourself.

Sahasa Kubrow description:

Enterprising Orokin genetic designers recognized that the Kubrow's affinity for games of fetch could be used for more serious endeavors. They soon developed a strain adept at reconnaissance and contraband recovery. Tenno often used the creatures to help resupply while in the field.

Well they do not fetch. I don't know if this is intended or not.

So right now I'm giving up on these skils from my carrier:

Coolant Leak

Sanctuary

Regen

and the most important:

Vaccum

Now, many people will say they don't care for vaccuum while many do find this skill a must have, like I do. I am constantly in need of materials and farming with my nekros or just running a mission I would skip more than 40% of the mods and materials dropped if my carrier wasn't picking them up for me. Not to mention the comfort of auto-ammo pick up but that is something I don't mind. What I mind is missing important drops.

So as much as I love my kubrow, the kubrow idea or desing, sahasa kubrow is stupid and useless right now in my opinion.

Now let's also mention the Kubrow AI, attacking and moving patterns...how they magically teleport to where you are and other stuff like that.

Caernarvon, on 20 Jul 2014 - 2:36 PM, said:snapback.png

From looking at the dogs when people have one in Sechura runs I can say one thing:

Their AI is basically non-existent. They sit around and get killed without reacting, their pathing gets them stuck absolutely everywhere.

Oh and they stand in front of you with their fat non-transparent body instead of moving out of your LOS which clutters combat.

^I'm not the only one to think the AI is stupid. But I'm not here to complain about the AI, the AI would be fine for me and I wouldn't mind it at all as it is right now but the fact that my sahasa kubrow is useless now has really made me sad after all the love I had for this update.

EDIT: nvm I can't live with the Kubrow AI, it's just horrible and bad...You would think the attack mod for sahasa could make it ok but the attack AI is horrendous and broken he attacks already dead enemies or enemies that just died, the animations are always late and most of the time he just stands still getting shot

(and I'm not mentioning all the platinum I used on my kubrow, that's all on me i decided to use it so it's not a reason to complain, but I feel like I just spent money on the most stupid thing ever.)

So I want to know if something can and will be done about this....Should I just put my kubrow in stasis forever and keep using my carrier? 
Edited by Domaik

Kubrow's are still being worked on DE's idea is to make them more useful than Senitals however they get tired and need to rest so the Senitals are not going to be replaced and they have said before the updates that they will be used in the Senital spot so most of us knew sorry you were disapointed on thinking you could take both.

Sources from recent devstreams.

I didn't find any related topic so I wonder, if I am the only one who is rather disappointed that you can either bring your kubrow OR your sentinel. I was under the impression that the kubrow would be an addition to what we have, not yet another sentinel.

I don't want to start whining about my (formaed) Djinn with its (6-formaed) DethmachineRifle. In this game you rather get used to the fact, that some of the time just spend into equipment is completely wasted after another update; so that's not my point.

My point is that (real) sentinels are just what belongs into a Space-Ninja game: hovering utility platforms; some heavily armed, some stealthy, others have Vacuum. Kubrows (pets) might add to this feature, but they should not replace it. And from what I read from other players the kubrows are rather entertainment than really useful/helpful.

I'd like to hear other opinions on that...

If both were able to be used, you wouldn't need to fight anything really. Sunika Kubrow holds down an enemy (poor Kril, he couldn't do a thing without getting attacked) while your Djinn just Machinerifles it to death, and them Sunikas are tanky. :v

I just got a sahasa Kubrow. The fact that it's pretty much the most useless of the kubrow type &!$$es me off. And now I have to wait two more days until it matures and I can try again at the RNG.

you can put the puppy to stasis and breed a new one, you can buy imprints from people now so that should be easy

I expected Sahasa to fetch items as well and was quite disappointed to find out it just digs random stuff from the ground. I like the little rascal but he's not as useful as carrier is atm.

he only digs if you stop if you're moving he won't dig anything. and if you're moving and he digs you will miss the items....so what is the point

If both were able to be used, you wouldn't need to fight anything really. Sunika Kubrow holds down an enemy (poor Kril, he couldn't do a thing without getting attacked) while your Djinn just Machinerifles it to death, and them Sunikas are tanky. :v

I don't think so for two different reasons:

1st - right now I can bring my sentinel AND a spectre.

2nd - right now  I can kill any boss in solo play without any sentinel/kubrow/spectre. So balancing cannot be the reason. I want the sentinel for high-level play AND because it's Space-Ninja-stylish!!!!

he only digs if you stop if you're moving he won't dig anything. and if you're moving and he digs you will miss the items....so what is the point

Well you can afk in your dojo garden and it'll dig stuff up for you? lol

Friend got a Hammer Shot because the kubrow started digging there.

I don't think so for two different reasons:

1st - right now I can bring my sentinel AND a spectre.

2nd - right now  I can kill any boss in solo play without any sentinel/kubrow/spectre. So balancing cannot be the reason. I want the sentinel for high-level play AND because it's Space-Ninja-stylish!!!!

The point was that having both would actually make you, the player, negligible. The Sentinel and Kubrow would take care of everything with no consequence to you (for a Spectre, you'd at least have to make more if you run out). Especially with Maul and Bite, not much is surviving that with a good Sentinel as well.

Kubrow's are still being worked on DE's idea is to make them more useful than Senitals however they get tired and need to rest so the Senitals are not going to be replaced and they have said before the updates that they will be used in the Senital spot so most of us knew sorry you were disapointed on thinking you could take both.

Sources from recent devstreams.

Full stops would be a bit useful.

What i'll end up doing is just leveling the kubrow to cap, bank him for now and wait and see what DE decides to do with them. If Sahasa starts fetching loot like the good old carrier i'll start using him again (poor Ace, i really like the little guy)

^I'm not the only one to think the AI is stupid. But I'm not here to complain about the AI, the AI would be fine for me and I wouldn't mind it at all as it is right now but the fact that my sahasa kubrow is useless now has really made me sad after all the love I had for this update.

EDIT: nvm I can't live with the Kubrow AI, it's just horrible and bad...You would think the attack mod for sahasa could make it ok but the attack AI is horrendous and broken he attacks already dead enemies or enemies that just died, the animations are always late and most of the time he just stands still getting shot

Same thing happened with the spectres didn't it?

The enemy spectres have good AI, I mean they even revive each other, our spectres are glued to our butts and pointlessly keep reloading their weapons.

Enemy kubrows will stalk, surround and fiercely try to attack you, heck they even wallrun and grab items so you can't get them.

Sounds like our kubrows got the spectre treatment.

These kubrow thingies, am I to assume that when they die I have to get an egg and incubate another ?

I mean I thought DE were giving us a cyber pet to form a relationship with, to get this bond thing going . . if he keeps dying he has no worth because he can'r kick &#! like a sentinel . .