Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Thought It'd Be A Good Idea To Have Three 12 Hour Waiting Times As Part Of A Mission?

Innocent_Flower

Nah. To fix the problem: 

Waiting time is not part of the mission. as soon as you begin building, you can do the next mission. 

Well, DE(L) would be insistent to keep the waiting time, so why not make the best compromise so that almost all parties are satisfied. 

We cannot be selfish, nor can we be meek. 

Well, DE(L) would be insistent to keep the waiting time, so why not make the best compromise so that almost all parties are satisfied. 

We cannot be selfish, nor can we be meek. 

Like you mean how they don't let you play the boss several times in a row to get all the parts and insist you wait 12 hours between runs? Don't recall them doing that. 

Like you mean how they don't let you play the boss several times in a row to get all the parts and insist you wait 12 hours between runs? Don't recall them doing that. 

For this Warframe only. They seem to not be willing to change it, for some reason, so why not make the best compromise?

It's a mix of payoffs and pitfalls actually.

Payoffs: Guaranteed drops for parts that are actually useful. Also, tie in some background lore which is nice!

Pitfall: You have to wait 3 12 hour segments which you can rush with plat.

I for one am not all that against to be honest. It is a fresh change from mindless boss whacking and praying to the RNG #@*&$@s for the right parts. Considering previous warframe parts drops, I am okay with this one.

Nah. To fix the problem: 

Waiting time is not part of the mission. as soon as you begin building, you can do the next mission. 

^This. I really don't mind waiting 12 hours for each part. But I don't want to have to wait for 12 hours between EVERY part of the "questline". That just sucks. Kills "immersion". Imagine you have a book. You LOVE that book. But you have to wait for 12 hours between each and every chapter. How is that a good thing?

Surely you know what a daily quest is right? You do a pre determined objective then you wait 24 hours until you can do another one.

Except it has NOTHING to do with dailies. At all.^^'

I repeat, I don't care about the waiting time for the parts, I care about being forced to wait between each part of the quest.

Maybe they're just testing this method. But it's true that it forces the player to build the parts one after the other... Which makes it about a day longer. Well, it's not that big of a wait either I think, though I'm not a fan of this way of doing things.^^'

For this Warframe only. They seem to not be willing to change it, for some reason, so why not make the best compromise?

The thing is, there is no compromise here. It's just "do part 1 of quest, get part 1 of frame, build part 1 of frame. Once finished, said part unlocks part 2 of quest. Do part 2 of quest, get part 2 of frame, etc etc, rinse and repeat until completion."

I love the system of unlocks through quests, but the way the current system works just puts a time wall between every part of the quest because they're directly tied to the rewards themselves...^^'

Edited by Marthrym

The thing is, there is no compromise here. It's just "do part 1 of quest, get part 1 of frame, build part 1 of frame. Once finished, said part unlocks part 2 of quest. Do part 2 of quest, get part 2 of frame, etc etc, rinse and repeat until completion."

I love the system of unlocks through quests, but the way the current system works just puts a time wall between every part of the quest between they're directly tied to the rewards themselves...^^'

Well, to build Mirage, you will need: 

5 Orokin Ciphers, which would need four coordinating players to mitigate the RNG of the Key needed to open the Vault Doors.

An Argon Crystal, which can vary from easily retrieved to nigh impossible.

Then, once you get all the ingredients, you solve the riddle (which may take time depending on whether the player wants to solve it without spoilers), complete the mission, and you get a guaranteed component (which is good and all), then you have to craft it and wait for 12 hours to get the next one, then solve the next one, and so on until you get all three components.

Take 3 days to build the Warframe. 

Actually, I think just decreasing the component building time to 8 hours would be slightly better. At least it would make the quest flow at a more interesting pace.

getting this frame is still way faster and easier than praying to the RNG gods, people spend hours and hours grinding for Loki P but with nothing to show, here you are guaranteed the new frame, but you have to be patient.... or you could just give them a little cash for the awesome game they make and rush it with plat.

Well mostly because it is a matter of opinion and not an objective bad mechanic. But given your post history I would understand if you thought everyone only likes what you like 

My opinion on bad game mechanics is simple.

1)Does it improve player experience in any way?? if yes then its good

2)Does it worsen player experience in any way?? if yes then its bad

3)Does it change player experience in any way?? if no then its not an improvement.

What does 12h waiting time do to player experience, increase waiting for frame, prevent you from immidiately continuing quest. So its worsening player experience. Its a 2nd, bad mechanic imo.

You can say that devs also need money but i have my own opinion on that aswell.

1)If there are mechanics that hinder free player but allow it to be skipped with premium currency then its understandable.

2)If there are mechanics which dont hinder free player but find other ways to bring money then its awesome.

3)If there are mechanics which prevent free player from accessing content then its pay2win

4)If there are mechanics that increasingly try to hinder free player but still allow it to be skipped with premium currency then it become unjustifiable greed.

Till now all frames had 3.5day crafting with occasional grind, grind is still here in form of orokin cipher but they increased time on frame crafting by a day and even delay your quest progression, so its 4th, unjustifiable greed.

If they truly wanted to delay free players acquiring this frame then ok, there are ways to do this, like sending players to kill every boss in game to "question" them about this, maybe unique corpus, grineer, derelict or void mission with hacking terminals for clues, nothing special, few missions with unique voiceover for players to spend their time on and uncover some lore, not lazyass 12h waiting time.

Edited by Davoodoo

My opinion on bad game mechanics is simple.

1)Does it improve player experience in any way?? if yes then its good

2)Does it worsen player experience in any way?? if yes then its bad

3)Does it change player experience in any way?? if no then its not an improvement.

What does 12h waiting time do to player experience, increase waiting for frame, prevent you from immidiately continuing quest. So its worsening player experience. Its a 2nd, bad mechanic imo.

You can say that devs also need money but i have my own opinion on that aswell.

1)If there are mechanics that hinder free player but allow it to be skipped with premium currency then its understandable.

2)If there are mechanics which dont hinder free player but find other ways to bring money then its awesome.

3)If there are mechanics which prevent free player from accessing content then its pay2win

4)If there are mechanics that increasingly try to hinder free player but still allow it to be skipped with premium currency then it become unjustifiable greed.

Till now all frames had 3.5day crafting with occasional grind, grind is still here in form of orokin cipher but they increased time on frame crafting by a day and even delay you quest progression, so its 4th unjustifiable greed.

I agree with your post. Why should Mirage be different from every other frame? I remember I managed to get all of Ash's parts within an hour by killing Tyl Regor. But with Mirage, you have to wait 12 hours in between each part (36 Hours) then wait another 72 hours after that.

A new player who has just joined the game, and has 50 platinum will be drawn in to rush the part with platinum and then find that if they want to get the rest of the parts by rushing they'll need more platinum.

Thus starting a cycle with new players. Everytime they want something immediately, they'll reach for their wallet and buy some platinum.

I'm starting to suspect whether DE just want our money, new players are going to be deterred by these new quests and not to mention the Kubrow quest! After 10 times of running the same mission they'll not want to come back to the game! 

Edited by SpartanSK117

I agree with your post. Why should Mirage be different from every other frame? I remember I managed to get all of Ash's parts within an hour by killing Tyl Regor. But with Mirage, you have to wait 12 hours in between each part (36 Hours) then wait another 72 hours after that. A new player who has just joined the game, and has 50 platinum will be drawn in to rush the part with platinum and then find that if they want to get the rest of the parts by rushing they'll need more platinum. Thus starting a cycle with new players. Everytime they want something immediately, they'll reach for their wallet and buy some platinum. I'm starting to suspect whether DE are starting to become greedy.

From what I hear, Mirage is, frankly, quite powerful, so I could understand the reasoning why DE(L) wanted to place her away in a high timewall. 

Although the timewall is a bit too high. That I agree with.

From what I hear, Mirage is, frankly, quite powerful, so I could understand the reasoning why DE(L) wanted to place her away in a high timewall.

Although the timewall is a bit too high. That I agree with.

Like Vauban's Bastille which was nerfed anyway.

I don't think being behind a timewall is a reason to make a frame op

Edited by izzatuw

Like Vauban's Bastille which was powerful and now nerfed.

I can vouch for that! My Bastille isn't as great as it used to be. Vauban would be a Warframe that is suitable for the quest system. He is different to all the other Warframes in the sense that he uses gadgets and not actual powers. This would further develop lore for some of the more mysterious frames

Edited by SpartanSK117

Well I'm just thinking Hom will get a nerf because it does crazy damage for a small amount of energy

Its that powerful only due to our weapons mods being stupidly op compared to frames mods.

Edited by Davoodoo

Izza,izza,izza.

80 shield,80 health for the base stats.

Please D.E.,don't nerf her,she's a great caster.

Why does everybody think that type of logic

Low resistance = great abilities.

High resistance = crap abilities.

Where's the logic?

"oh no Loki's squishy don't nerf his abilities, that's what makes him save himself."