Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akzani's Purpose?

SippyCupSamurai

Okay, I'm not trying to be harsh. And yes, I should've checked the codex before spending resources and time on the Akzani...

Was this weapon meant to be just a slightly weaker alternative to the Dex Furis?  Because at the moment, that's what it is. I feel like giving the Akzani puncture damage was a wasted opportunity.  Now, hear me out...

With the addition of the Akzani, we now have three pairs of rapid fire akimbo pistols: Dex Furis, Akstiletto, Akzani.

Akstiletto does impact damage, Dex Furis does puncture. Both are great weapons, we don't need to go over the details. So Update 14 gives us the Akzani, the third set of akimbo style rapid fire pistols and pairs them with the new frame Mirage.  Awesome. But...it's stats are almost identical to the Dex Furis, just weaker puncture damage.

Please DE, take another look at the Akzani. I love them but they're redundant in it's current state. Either mix it up with different stats in terms of crit or status chance OR make them do slash damage instead.

For now...I'll still use them 'cause they look cool (but i'll be sad about it).

Update: The Akzani does have one thing over the Dex Furis, a maximum ammo of 400.

Edited by SippyCupSamurai

Also, no every player in the game has the Dex Furis. Since one had to log into their account on the anniversary week of Warframe to obtain them.

Edit: sorry for double posting this point, the other member posted this as i was typing.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

All good points guys. True, not everyone got the Dex Furis when it was up. And thank you Sander for pointing out that a more accurate comparison would have been the Afuris.

But you have to admit, Slash damage would have been a more interesting choice for the Akzani.

There are also Vipers, so it's four pairs, but who's counting anyway.

Right, forgot about those.

So current count is Twin Vipers, Twin gremlins, Afuris, Akanzi, Akstiletto.  This does not include the Wraith/Dex versions, as those can't be obtained.

With the fat bottoms on the grips, they kind of look like purple cordless drills.

On topic, statistically they look very similar to Afuris. Seems a little strange to give them primarily puncture damage. Only big slash secondary I can think of is the Pyrana, which is fun but not always too functional. Twin Gremlins can be modded to pretty much anything you want (exactly equal on all three physical damages), but guess that doesn't really count.

With the fat bottoms on the grips, they kind of look like purple cordless drills.

On topic, statistically they look very similar to Afuris. Seems a little strange to give them primarily puncture damage. Only big slash secondary I can think of is the Pyrana, which is fun but not always too functional. Twin Gremlins can be modded to pretty much anything you want (exactly equal on all three physical damages), but guess that doesn't really count.

Thank you! You know exactly what I meant, yay!

Er...you might want to use them because they look cool, sound cool or if you're a tryhard completionist, mastery fooder.

Seriously, Warframe weapons need a purpose now?

yes, they do. each weapon should be fairly unique, because then you don't run into the issue of playing with and formaing up a weapon, only to have a direct upgrade released shortly afterwards *cough*bronco prime->brakk*cough* so if weapons have unique stat distributions, you don't run into this, and each weapon serves a purpose

anyhow, based on their design, I was hoping they would be kinda like mini aksomas, since the clips look similar. but the akzanis don't have impressive stats at all