Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Healrs Must Be Renamed In Ancient Saviors.

letir

Free choice to choose between Penta or Ogris for ODD is like free choice for Asian kids to become an engineer or a doctor.

This adds even more variety into the comp if you want to go long. You need an actual single-target weapon now to kill the Healer without having its hp constantly healed from damaging the other minions. This is just like complaining about Prosecutor because watch the TV, read a book and eat banana while pressing Left click and right click every 3 seconds to get to wave 60.

How choice limitation can add variety?

You must attack single target in the swarm. It's not need or should, not even good choice to take them off first.

P.S. Just for info: i still can stand in ODD solo for loooong time with Penta.

Edited by letir

Man, you guys going 'hurrr just use tactics' are morons.

I got to wave 5 in an infested defense and two healers spawned.

The entire group was impossible to kill. And it was low level!

I was doing it to check how many credits I got, and I went from my rank 30 boltor prime killing the enemies in literally one shot, to taking AN ENTIRE @(*()$ MAGAZINE TO KILL ONE ENEMY.

That is not okay.

Even the ancient healers took a full magazine to drop. That's 75 x 2.5 rounds. On a LOW LEVEL.

And while I was attempting to shoot the ancient healers, I had the little pricks beating the S#&$ out of me, and the big ones using the stupidest attack ever put in this game to drag me across the map.

You can't just say 'oh just snipe the enemy doing it' when there's @(*()$ three of the things in your face at all times and twelve of the little guys running around your ankles. It's not feasible. Trying to solo any kind of infested mission is a compelte gamble on if you end up getting raped by two or three healers spawning at once.

Oh, I did address his main point.

Kill Healer. Then kill everybody.

Called tactics.

Sure would be nice if it was possible to do so.

But it's not. Because healers give each other their auras, so multiple healers in the area (which always happens) means you can't do crap.

Man, you guys going 'hurrr just use tactics' are morons.

I got to wave 5 in an infested defense and two healers spawned.

The entire group was impossible to kill. And it was low level!

I was doing it to check how many credits I got, and I went from my rank 30 boltor prime killing the enemies in literally one shot, to taking AN ENTIRE @(*()$ MAGAZINE TO KILL ONE ENEMY.

That is not okay.

Even the ancient healers took a full magazine to drop. That's 75 x 2.5 rounds. On a LOW LEVEL.

And while I was attempting to shoot the ancient healers, I had the little pricks beating the S#&$ out of me, and the big ones using the stupidest attack ever put in this game to drag me across the map.

You can't just say 'oh just snipe the enemy doing it' when there's @(*()$ three of the things in your face at all times and twelve of the little guys running around your ankles. It's not feasible. Trying to solo any kind of infested mission is a compelte gamble on if you end up getting raped by two or three healers spawning at once.

If it was a low level at wave 5 then you should be fine. Penta credit making at Sechura had double healer spawned on me once and I cleared it just fine. Also, headshot does wonder especially if it crits. If you're just shooting the body then it's to be expected. It may be hard but it gives the infected the challenges I need again. (Just no reward yet) I now have my Marelock ready for the headshot snipe before I go back to Penta.

Also, it's currently very buggy. Anything affected by Ancient Healer aura will not be slammed by Oberon's Reckoning and will be lifted for a loooooong (i mean really long) time for an easy head shot. I kind of ruined the challenge by picking Oberon into them.

Glad even a moron like me could find tricks to make them too easy again.

Tl, dr:

Boo hoo, now I need a skilled any marksman in my team to kill priority targets, cant blow everything with my 13-formaed Penta while sitting on the ledge, qq.

IDK what game you play but spawns are mobs now which means whole armies of infested ancients...how do you prioritize 15 ancient healer while being mobbed by toxic and magnetic ones? Your logic is twisted.

IDK what game you play but spawns are mobs now which means whole armies of infested ancients...how do you prioritize 15 ancient healer while being mobbed by toxic and magnetic ones? Your logic is twisted.

You lock them in a CC because they still haven't added a decent long-range attack infected yet. Even the pull is easily outranged by your CC 4.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Can Reckoning really do that? Because I saw a Rhino stomp them and they didn't even last one second in stasis. He died in like 3 seconds after being swarmed.

Solo-ing at later waves is out of the question now. Even if you don't die you still can't kill them fast enough and the pod blows up. Idk, when there's an easy way to deal with other factions (Radial Disarm, Blind, Shield Polarize,etc) the infested feels like the strongest faction in game right now. Especially when they zerg rush you with 10+ Ancients along.

No, I have to say that I'm with OP on this one. I, too, am somewhat sick of the bombardment from artillery approach to infested. However, increasing damage resistances to such high levels makes that kind of fighting the only real way to deal with them. Think about it this way. If these infested can shrug off direct hits from rocket launchers and grenades, then you running up to them and whacking them in the face with your sharp stick or shooting them with your pew gun isnt going to do much better. Did I also forget to mention that these infested can also instantly drain your shields, sap your energy, release toxic clouds that effect health directly and dog pile you so you cant get away from any of that? Seriously, if you get close to infested, they will @(*()$ kill you. Doesnt help matter that they can lash you with a tendril and DRAG your sorry butt to the blanket party..... because it wasnt annoying enough when the grineer scorpion did it

Then I'll have to test it out to see if it's true. Seeing all those bugs coming, I won't be surprised that Healers also get the resistance. Lastly, my point still stands that a flat resistance is a better design choice, since they already take health from linked allies getting damage.

It's a STEP in the right direction. Is it already there? No.

I don't understand how they haven't wrapped their heads around this yet. Percentage based damage reduction doesn't need to scale to become more effective at higher levels. It is a buff to the unit's "effective HP", so if the base HP scales up, so will the additional "effective HP" which means that the bonus that the damage reduction already scales up with enemy level. Hell, this goes for Tenno powers too, %DR shouldn't scale, it doesn't need to to continue increasing in effectiveness.

Can Reckoning really do that? Because I saw a Rhino stomp them and they didn't even last one second in stasis. He died in like 3 seconds after being swarmed.

Rhino stomp has its own duration. Reckoning Levitate part ends the moment the enemy gets cc'd again or slammed from the Reckoning. It's a buggy part of Reckoning. You know how if you double cast Reckoning, once to slam down a target and then again while they're slammed, they will be lifted because the game only register the "Lifted part" but never the "Slammed part"?

The same case applies here. For some reason, while they're under the effect of Ancient Aura, the "Slam part" will not apply so they're stuck with the "Floating" part which lasts ages.

Also, sniper rifle + headshot + crit on an ancient healer = easy time. Finally got to give my Vectis some love because of the 4x multiplier on crit headshot.

Edited by Zeitzbach