Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Have 30 Mastery Ranks

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

Since there are 30 maximum ranks for weapons and Warframes, one would assume that the same goes for Mastery Ranks. However, there is a problem if this is true.

If there are 30 mastery ranks, the amount of exp needed to get to rank 30 would be 22,735,000 according to the formula given by the wiki (amount of exp require for each rank = 2500*rank^2)

Minus the amount of exp given by the Star Chart (14,746 exp) is 22,720,254 exp

This is the equivalent of 7573 Weapons (3000 exp each)

or 3786 Warframes (6000 exp each)

or 2524 Sentinels (6000 exp) + Sentinel Weapons (3000 exp)

If new gear is added according to the current ratio of Warframes : Weapons : Sentinels (156:26:7)

This would be 6251 Weapons, 520 Warframes, and 93 Sentinels

Currently, we have 156 weapons, 26 Warframes, and 7 Sentinels, yet some weapons are already useless for anything other than mastery.

If we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel now, we will be eventually.

Just some interesting info I though you should know.

Guest Tehnoobshow

Minus the amount of exp given by the Star Chart (14,746 exp) is 22,720,254 exp

You're forgetting Planet nodes

Planet nodes isn't much.

DE has set a high ceiling for expansion. mastery rank 30 is not something we're going to get any time soon. glad you didn't complain about the fact that you can't get all the mastery rank achievements yet, at least. but seeing the actual numbers is pretty astounding

520 different warframes? and I thought I would have enough plat for slots, silly me. also, that's a lot of creativity to create so many things. you're right, how will DE come up with more unique weapons and frames? I can't begin to imagine

Ah, this again. Yes, it will have to get reconfigured at some point. Might even change with focus, if they decide to add in all additional experience acquired on max-level equipment as counting towards the total. Will still need to tone down or change the scaling in some way and I'm sure DE will tackle that as it becomes an issue and/or matters, so we'll get there way before the current setup appears to demonstrate.

There will probably be multiple ways to get more mastery.

PVP can be one of them, quests and diplomacy, focus system and many other things will/should allow for further mastery gain

I honestly hope this becomes true. I feel like they can open the game up more if they allow mastery xp to be gained in other ways except for just buying and leveling new warframes and weapons.

This way they could create some sort of AA or "paragon" type system where once you reach say like lvl 30 Mastery rank, then every level afterwards grants you a stat bonus you can add to one of your warframes. Of course they would be small enough to be able to accumulate over time, but big enough to actually give a real benefit.

Actually, how about we add another way to gain Mastery: 

You know the additional objective that the Lotus gave us during Vor's Prize (destroy the core to save the colony, or just extract)? Why not have completing additional objectives in a mission (will be granted at random, when the player finishes the initial objective) gain you Mastery, dependent on the planet (Pluto will have 5,000 Mastery points, for instance)? That way, we can cut down on the amount of weapons/Warframes/Sentinels/different planets needed to gain to Rank 30.

DE has already stated that there are going to be other ways of obtaining mastery experience. Don't think of it like you've been.

Of course we're even farther away from that now because spacedogs were given priority over Focus and other endgame development.

So far we have: 

You're forgetting Planet nodes

Hm...I wonder if DE had something in mind for this, along the lines of more special events or something of that nature....

I think quests should give mastery though. It's a thing that every game has when it comes to quests.

The Codex needs to give mastery. Literally, besides being a completionist, there is very little reason to scan enemies right now.

What are some more ideas.. 

More in-game challenges maybe?  

Edited by Verre