Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

I HAVE A SOLUTION TO TALK TO THE NPCS!

What about having the Sentinels act as the go-between. The NPC would talk, and the Sentinel would speak the Tenno's thoughts.

In the cases that players do not have a Sentinel, Ordis could be the go-between. 

This would give the Sentinels more personality, and more personal to the players. Each sentinel having its own voice would be an interesting concept, I remember one of the Devstreams this was mentioned, I hope they do implement it.

Plus this pleases both the mystery of those who don't want the Tenno to talk, and for those who want to have the ability to speak with NPC's.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

I HAVE A SOLUTION TO TALK TO THE NPCS!

What about having the Sentinels act as the go-between. The NPC would talk, and the Sentinel would speak the Tenno's thoughts.

In the cases that players do not have a Sentinel, Ordis could be the go-between. 

This would give the Sentinels more personality, and more personal to the players. Each sentinel having its own voice would be an interesting concept, I remember one of the Devstreams this was mentioned, I hope they do implement it.

I would like to hear Tenno's thoughts (I think it should be smthng like "I want to eat your face" or "my leg is itchy... stop, I can't feel that... AAAAh! mah brain is itchinnnnn!!!") but I think Liset idea is more cool. Liset may suggest what Tenno thinking and Tenno may show his\her disagreement by pose and jests. totally "Gordon Freeman" Tenno, YES. Sentinels, I think, should have not speech communicative function. mb funny sounds & holographic projections like R2D2 has.

also we should not forgive about Lotus! she need her lines here to! :)

The Liberation of Callisto Story Arc

First Mission: “Thin the Swarm”

“The Callistean people represent one of the few slivers of freedom in the System. For centuries, Callisto stood as a free colony from both the Corpus and the Grineer. A generation ago, the Grineer failed to invade and subjugate the heavily terraformed moon. The cost was great, and the Callisteans turned to the Corpus for protection. Now, the Corpus have abandoned them and the Grineer are poised to strike. This time, the Grineer will not subjugate the Callisteans, but exterminate them, we cannot let this happen.”

-Lotus

Being the main Story Arc to introduce the Callisteans into the WarFrame universe, the Tenno would be sent to Callisto under the behest of the Lotus. As the Corpus fleets have abandoned Callisto, the Armada of Grineer Galleons waiting in the Asteroid Belt have positioned themselves over the Jewel of Jupiter and have begun their assault on its people.

The opening cinematic sequence would display the Tenno Lisettes flying towards Grineer Galleons that are releasing Drop Ships onto Callisto, and the Callistean Guard returning fire from Planetary Rail Guns. Galleons would be raining fire down upon Callistean cities defended with powerful shields, and swarms of Drop Ships flying towards Callisto. Explosions across the hulls of nearby Galleons from rail shots wracking the hulls of Galleons are accompanied by Cells of Tenno in Archwings battling drones and enemy drop ships. With a massive Grineer Fleet overshadowing Callisto, the Callistean Guard is on the ground fighting to keep the Planetary Rail Guns from being destroyed by Grineer ground forces.

With the abundance of Galleons and the threat of friendly fire coming from Callisto, Ordis could not safely land the Tenno on Callisto until a breach was made through Grineer lines.

“Operator, the crossfire between Grineer and Callistean forces is too treacherous for a Stealth Ship like me to safely navigate.  – After all you’re not the one getting filthy Grineer metal stuck in his hull – I will deploy Archwing so that you may clear a path for insertion.”

-Ordis

Upon the arrival of Tenno into the fray, Grineer Galleons would deploy drones and Drop Ships (and maybe even fighters/bombers if they are available enemy space units). The Tenno Cell equipped with ArchWings would fight through the incoming squadrons and breach the hull of a nearby Galleon. Upon doing so, the mission type would change to Exterminate, as the Lotus wants this ship and its crew taken out of commission.

“There is a Company of Grineer Marines stationed on this Galleon, take them out to stop its bombardment of the Callisto defenses.”

-Lotus

Halfway through the Exterminate, the Lotus would inform the Tenno of a new development.

“Tenno, I am picking up transmissions from this Galleon to an unknown receiver in the Asteroid Belt. Eliminate the Grineer here quickly to stop the transmissions.”

-Lotus

Of course, once the Tenno become close to finishing off the Exterminate, the comm between the Grineer and whomever is in the Asteroid Belt would be revealed. The Tenno would finish off the Grineer remaining in the Galleon, but would receive new correspondence from the Lotus

“It seems we do not need to guess at what these transmissions were. A Vanguard of Fromorians have arrived. Sabotage this ship to ram one of the arriving Fromorians.”

-Lotus

Upon receiving the Sabotage package, the Cell would find the navigational console and input the coordinates. (Sabotage package would be dropped in mission just like how the Life Supports are dropped). The Fromorian that the Galleon was targeting would notice the Galleon heading straight for it. After repeated non-responses from the Galleon, the Fromorian would open fire. The player would then have to try and reach extraction before the Galleon impacts the Fromorian, with explosions happening all around them as the Fromorian tries its best to shoot down the incoming ship.

The outro cinematic would see the Tenno Lisette flying away as the Galleon crashes into the Fromorian and both ships exploding into a mess of wreckage.

Upon returning to the Stealth Ship, the Tenno would look out of their ship to see the transpiring battle. From the blue weapons trails of Rail shots coming from Callisto, to the endless flow of Drop Ships streaming to the Callistean cities. Galleons would be providing cover fire for their Drop Ships and taking hits from the Rail Guns. Occasionally a Fromorian would be seen, and a Galleon exploding from either a Tenno Cell attacking the ship or Callistean installations from the ground. Off on the distant moon you could see blue flashes as the Rails open fire and impacts of Grineer planetary bombardment.

Second Mission “Hold The Line”

This mission would be the ingenious mission type that HappyApathy has created, known as Battle. The Tenno would be dropped onto a massive map similar in size (or even larger) than the ODD maps. The scene is apocalyptic, with much of the city in ruins, burning husks and crashed Grineer Drop Ships litter the city streets. Evidence of skirmishes are rampant, with plasma scars and bullet holes littering the buildings. In the distance the Tenno can see one of the Rail Guns at work, aiming towards the countless Galleons in the Sky as heavy fire and Drop Ships enter the atmosphere. Tenno Cells would be instructed by the Lotus to intervene in a skirmish occurring between the Callistean Guard and Grineer forces flooding the area. Callistean troops are being pushed back by the overwhelming incoming Grineer forces towards a Planetary Rail Gun.

“Tenno, there is a Platoon of Callistean Guards nearby, find them and assist them in pushing back the Grineer Forces flooding the area. Do not let the Callisteans fall.”

-Lotus

As the Tenno push towards the besieged Callisteans, a transmission would be received by the squad:

“Tenno, this is Chancellor Elysia Rose of the Free Colony of Callisto. I’ve received word of your assistance with the Grineer Galleon and the oncoming Fromorians. I thank the Lotus for sending you. Our Rail Gun network is holding on by a thread as Grineer Forces continue to land. If these guns fall, the Capitol of Callisto falls with it. Please, assist our Guard and push back the Grineer focusing on the Rail Guns. Rose out.”

-Elysia Rose

The Tenno would push through Arcas, (Named is derived from the son of Calisto in Greek Mythology) the Capitol of Callisto, and find the City Square (Where the Battle phase would take place). Here the Tenno would stand and fight alongside the Callistean Guard on a massive map against hordes of Grineer Troops. One among them, a man by the name of Caz Thrace, is a Rail Gunner and leader of the Platoon under siege.

“I never thought I’d see the day…Tenno, here on Callisto. I thought you were myths and legends. How-“

Shots from oncoming Grineer squads echo through the Square.

“Alright, enough with the pleasantries, I can doubt I’m still alive later. Let’s bash some Grineer heads in, shall we?”

Thus, the Battle part of this mission would begin. Tenno would stand alongside the Callistean Guard and push back oncoming Grineer squads. Not only would they have to keep the Callistean death count from reaching 50 (as per the fail parameter of the Battle Mission Type), but Caz must also survive the battle.

When the square gets flooded on the other side by Grineer, Heavy Gunners and Bombards make up the artillery of the group, and the usual Grineer troops pushing the front line. The Berserker units have found their way onto the battlefield, and will occasionally spawn and target the Tenno and Caz especially. The Tenno must fight back the Grineer and stem the tide before the Grineer can overwhelm and push forward to the Rail installation.

Throughout the conflict, Caz could comment on the progress the Tenno are making and their ferocity in battle:

“Fancy powers and fancy weapons, how come we don’t get cool stuff like this?”

“Silent but deadly, first time in my life I like that combination.”

“Soooo…who designs the suits? I want one.”

“Jeez, save some for the rest of us!”

"You're almost as scary as my sister...almost."

“I feel like you’re just playing with the Grineer. Are you even real?”

“You know, when Elysia said that Tenno were coming, I almost laughed over the comm, glad you guys are real, wouldn’t have made it through this fight without you.”

Callistean Squadsman:

“Did he just say thank you!?”

Caz:

“Alright, yeah I’m being sentimental, don’t get used to it.”

After the Battle is won, Caz would thank the Tenno for their efforts and continue on his patrol of the Arcas finding and eliminating Grineer forces.

“Thanks again, Tenno. I think we can handle it from here. It looks like the Grineer are running with their tails between their legs. After our sweep is finished, find me in the Callisto Forward Operations Base. I have a feeling we’ll need more of your help before all this is over.”

Once the conversation is finished, the Tenno would head to extraction.

As you’ve just met Caz Thrace, here is his backstory:

A prominent Callistean marksman, Caz was a privileged boy whose personality reflected otherwise. Rambunctious as he was skilled with a sniper, Caz was a hot shot during his youth, and only grew his demeanor into adulthood. Witty remarks and a tendency to get himself and his squad into trouble were commonplace during Caz’s duration in the Callisto Military Academy. So were reprimands for sneeking into the women’s dormitory during the wee hours of the night. As the son of the famed Lycos Rose, Caz set out to prove his worth not by the name of his father, but by the merits of his own achievements. He changed his name to Thrace so that all his accomplishments were marked as his own, though he and his older sister Elysia still remain close to one another.

For every Callistean Guard who commended him on his skill with long ranged weaponry, there was another Guardsmen who condemned him for his inability to follow orders. Ingenuity and a tendency for near-failures-turned-victory were the trademarks of his records during his rise to Lieutenant in the Callisto Military Core.

A stint between his Platoon and a Pirate crew were fabled among the Military’s records. As a Callisto tribute convoy made its way to Alad V on Jupiter, a crew of Pirates manning a stolen Grineer Galleon assaulted the convoy and tried to loot it for Callisto’s prized resources. The Pirate crew held the Callisteans hostage, demanding a ransom from the Callisto High Council. Chancellor Rose tried to contact Alad V on Jupiter to receive Corpus support, but the response was not what she expected.

“This is a Callistean affair, Miss Rose. Our Treaty ensures that the Grineer cannot attack Callisto and its Profitable people. These pirates are not Grineer, and that grotesque ship is so out of shape that even the military standards of those Clone Dogs wouldn’t allow it into combat. May I remind you that our Treaty expects a Tribute to be given, and if it is not given, we will not be able to protect you from the Grineer. I do hope you resolve this matter quickly, in the name of Profit. Have a good day, Miss Rose.”

-Alad V

With the Corpus unwilling to assist, Caz and his men were sent with a mass of resources and credits to pay the ransom and free the hostages. Though ordered to let the Pirates keep their bounty and the ransom, Caz had other thoughts to deal with the Pirates. Some ships of the Convoy were hit during the Pirate raid, and vented some of their cargo out into the depths of space. Manning only a Corpus Transport, Caz’s crew released explosive barrels on their approach to the Galleon, every few seconds releasing a barrel towards the Galleon. The vented Cargo was enough to cover the barrels on their approach to the Galleon.

Once docked, the Pirate crew took Caz’s troops (disguised as civilians) and the ransom from the Transport. Obviously taken hostage, Caz waited until they were placed with the other prisoners to make his move. Giving the signal, Caz and his men sprung on their captors and took their weapons once defeated. Moving the hostages and taken resources, he and his men were able to get the stolen goods of Callisto and its people back onto the Transport and released from the Galleon.

Realizing their bounty had been taken, the Pirates trained their guns on the fleeing Transport. The moment they opened fire, explosions occurred all around the Galleon and a haze of fire and wreckage burst forth around the Galleon. Caz’s trap had worked. The explosive barrels that littered the wreckages ignited from the Galleon opening fire, and the ensuing firestorm and wreckages covered the Transports escape while effectively nullifying the Galleon’s guns.

Elysia and the council called the mission “foolhardy and nearly a failure.”

Caz responded with only one word. “’Nearly’.”

With Caz’s character established, let’s take a look at Elysia Rose, daughter of Lycos Rose.

Daughter of the famed Lycos Rose, Elysia takes after her father in the ferocity of her politics, and the love she has for the people. Unlike her brother Caz, Elysia took to the work of government rather than guns. Her ideals in political debates centered on Callisto remaining a Free Colony, and as such must sustain itself from both Grineer threats and Corpus demands. Hailed throughout her schooling as a strong minded woman and a person of formidable character, her tutors suspected her to become a major political powerhouse during her adult years. She promoted the freedoms of the people, and that the people must be highly educated and trained for whatever the future may bring. The peoples of Callisto adored her for her strong position against outside influence swaying Callisto politics.

Her opponent during the electoral race to become Chancellor was a man named Tereus Minos, (a name derived from two cruel figures in Greek Mythos) who warned the people against the alienation of Corpus Assets. Stating that the Corpus was the only entity capable of protecting the system against Grineer domination, he was adamant that the Corpus were needed. When Corpus demands for tribute increased, Tereus argued that the Grineer were spreading, and as such the demands for higher tribute were justified. Tereus went so far as to say that the planetary defenses were not things that Callisto needed, and that following Corpus instructions were in the best interests of the moon and her people.

As the fighting escalated, refugees were fleeing to Callisto seeking asylum from both Grineer and Corpus ‘liberation’ efforts. Tereus argued that these were war fugitives and Grineer spies, to be handed over to the Corpus and kept out of Callisto. Elysia, who at the time was a growing voice in the Council Chamber, showed the Council that these were merely frightened people trying to get away from those that took their homes. Tereus did not take kindly, and threatened to call upon the Corpus as “Justice must be dealt to our enemies!” Thankfully, the Callisto Council decided otherwise and Asylum was granted to these, and future refugees fleeing the conflicts.

As the Tenno began to awake, Elysia and Tereus were entered into the race of Chancellor. Elysia argued that the Tenno’s rebellion against the Orokin mirrored their own struggle with the Corpus. Tereus was vehemently against this, and argued that the Tenno were “nothing but mercenaries and traitors who murdered the Orokin in their time of need.” As reports poured in about Tenno fighting both Corpus and Grineer forces, and even pushing back Infested Outbreaks, Elysia strengthened her position by stating that, if the Tenno of Legend have returned, anything was possible, Freedom from Corpus taxation being one of them. Once the votes were cast, the Callisteans voted a landslide victory to Elysia, and great joy was heard throughout Callisto on her victory. Tereus was silent on the matter.

On the day of her inauguration, Elysia prepared a speech speaking to the peoples of Callisto and the hard days ahead. Stepping to the podium, the last thing anyone expected was for gunfire to be heard in the Arcas’ City Square. The smoking gun was held aloft from right next to Elysia’s podium. Elysia, however, did not fall, but a Corpus sniper was spotted falling from across the City Square. Her brother, Caz, was present during the inauguration and shot the sniper from his perch. Caz’s rumored skills as a sniper were put to rest when the Sniper fell to the ground with only a shoulder wound through his firing arm.

Taken into questioning, the sniper revealed that he was paid by none other than Tereus Minos. Minos himself tried to flee Callisto when word got out that a sniper was downed in Lycos Square. The Callisto Guard stopped him before he could escape to a Corpus Transport and raided the Minos estate during the investigation. What they found was far more than they expected. Minos was being supplied and supported by the Corpus Board themselves, all his propaganda and talks of needed the Corpus were fueled by the absurd tributes the Callisteans were paying. While the entire moon suffered the weight of the Corpus Tributes, Tereus was receiving compensation for his efforts by Alad V and the Board.

To put it lightly, Callisto did not take kindly to seeing one of its highest respected officials being bribed by the Corpus. Tereus was stripped of all title, his estate was to be liquidated to the public, and was sentenced to life in prison. Tereus was spared of this fate, as he was shot and killed before he could be sent. The Corpus sniper responsible was taken by the Callisto Guard, and Elysia and the Council realized that the Corpus would go to great lengths to ensure that Callisto remained theirs, even if it meant killing their own operatives.

The entire ordeal put into perspective how dire Callisto’s straights were. Not only would they have to deal with Corpus espionage and the imminent Grineer invasion threat, but also the bleakness of Callisto’s situation. Stories flocked to Callisto of the cruelty and malice of the Twin Queens and the Board from the refugees that continued to seek refuge. But a glimmer of hope arose, when these stories of woe ended with the Tenno coming to fight back the Grineer and Corpus. Though these people had lost too much of their homes to stay, the Tenno gave them hope that one day, the time for running would end, and the time for peace would come.

Elysia held this hope in her own mind, and as she prepared the Defenses of Callisto and its people, hoped that the Lotus would send her guardians to protect Callisto.

To put some backstory to backstory, Lycos Rose was the Callistean who led the moon to victory against the Grineer a generation ago. He recognized that Callisto would not be able to recover from the devastation of the Revolution by itself, and grudgingly accepted Corpus support and Safe Harbor in exchange for Tributes of resources by the terraformed moon.

Of course, Apathy, you are free to change, or suggest whatever you wish. There will be more coming soon, as to introduce more characters and flesh out their stories, and also to introduce the HUBs to which these characters would belong. Caz can be found at the Callisto FOB, while Elysia in the Plaza.

I’m sorry if the names sound too Greek, I took the theme from the planet of Jupiter itself, as the nodes there are all named for Greek figures. I can change the names if you’d like.

You can nitpick if you will, tell me what needs changing and what I can tune up. Hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by AlphaHorseman

I would like to hear Tenno's thoughts (I think it should be smthng like "I want to eat your face" or "my leg is itchy... stop, I can't feel that... AAAAh! mah brain is itchinnnnn!!!") but I think Liset idea is more cool. Liset may suggest what Tenno thinking and Tenno may show his\her disagreement by pose and jests. totally "Gordon Freeman" Tenno, YES. Sentinels, I think, should have not speech communicative function. mb funny sounds & holographic projections like R2D2 has.

Well, either that or go all fallout with unvoiced replies from tenno and npcs having some sort of a communicator.

Haha, I would think this would be interesting. People who dislike Ordis...sorry people. Plus it would make the witty banter interesting, as the Mad Cephalon might say something rude, and the Tenno would gesture to apologize.

I like the idea of speaking Sentinels though. They don't have to have their own dialogue boxes in missions, just them yelling out things during battle. Each Sentinel with it's own unique voice, it would be interesting.

I'd imagine the Dethcube would be more gun-ho and militaristic in his responses.

"Blast them! Blast them all! INTO THE FRAY, OPERATOR! TO VICTORY!"

Shade would be a bit more stoic with her words, concise but with meaning.

"Keep to the shadows, Operator, it's safer there."

Wrym could be comedic, saying something like "Hey Operator did you see that! I went "pew pew pew" and the Corpus guy went bye bye!"

Wrym Prime would be like "Was I really that annoying at that age, Operator?" in reference to regular Wryms actions.

Djinn I haven't really used, so I can't say.

Carrier I can't think of something.

Anyone got suggestions for these?

And of course! How could I forget the Lotus! She could have lines, maybe sending transmissions to Elysia herself once the Tenno come into contact with the Arcas Plaza HUB. Or coordinating efforts with Caz in the Callisto Forward Operations Base too.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

Well, either that or go all fallout with unvoiced replies from tenno and npcs having some sort of a communicator.

obviously! :)

The Liberation of Callisto Story Arc

is it my imagination or some WH40K style here? :)

I think this good piece of creative would be awesome in some kind of application to game (book, artbook, guide to WF universe etc) but I'd like to see variant (just variant, I don't mean what I think what this stuff should be reworked) of this stuff in short cut. you know, as quest or event script, less story more player's actions 

I think this good piece of creative would be awesome in some kind of application to game (book, artbook, guide to WF universe etc) but I'd like to see variant (just variant, I don't mean what I think what this stuff should be reworked) of this stuff in short cut. you know, as quest or event script, less story more player's actions 

What's WH40K? Sorry, haha, don't know what it means.

And the missions in the thread are all playable, sure there's some cinematic sequences (of course skippable) and yeah, some of the dialogue may be a bit long for the current dialogue content in-game, but I hoped these would help immerse the player into the mission and the universe better.

All descriptions of terrain are just that, descriptions to help the Devs picture how to create the scene. Of course, if Apathy wants it changed, I can alter it to his suite. Descriptions of Characters I was thinking would be added into the Codex Entry for their Character, and be found out by talking to other NPC's.

And yep, I was hoping for this to be a Quest. Of course, this would be the introductory quest to the Free Colony of Callisto, once the quest is completed, they'll be a full faction in the Proxy Wars. Doing their quests could span multiple planets, or just unlock the nodes on Jupiter. I don't know how to finish the quest, to be honest. I don't think I will, I'll just lay the foundations and groundwork and add more NPC's with backstory, and maybe add dialogue to each NPC. But if I can find a way to tie up the quest nicely, I'll do that.

Wrym could be comedic, saying something like "Hey Operator did you see that! I went "pew pew pew" and the Corpus guy went bye bye!"

Wrym Prime would be like "Was I really that annoying at that age, Operator?" in reference to regular Wryms actions.

loool XD

Djinn *in ominous Phorid's voice* "I'll poison them through the wall. they do not even realize what was killed them..."

Carrier - jokes about what "sucking" is a good doing

@HappyApathy

hm, mb separate post for Sentinels additions ideas here? Sentinels are the Allies of the Tenno too in some meaning... but... oh, this is why I questioning about it

What's WH40K? Sorry, haha, don't know what it means.

And yep, I was hoping for this to be a Quest. Of course, this would be the introductory quest to the Free Colony of Callisto, once the quest is completed, they'll be a full faction in the Proxy Wars. Doing their quests could span multiple planets, or just unlock the nodes on Jupiter. I don't know how to finish the quest, to be honest. I don't think I will, I'll just lay the foundations and groundwork and add more NPC's with backstory, and maybe add dialogue to each NPC. But if I can find a way to tie up the quest nicely, I'll do that.

did you heard about Dan Abnett? (btw it was complement :) )

wouldn't you mind if I'll try to rework your quest in some script-like with some additions mb?

I also wanted the missions to have more than just one objective to make them feel more organic, and lively and connected to the events going on around them. Also wanted the interactions with NPC's during the missions to make them feel more grounded and purposed, rather than just our usual run and gun and finished. Connectivity was something I'd hope to lace through the missions, not just through NPC's but with gameplay, as the missions would build on the progressions of the one you just completed.

1st mission is break through the Grineer Seige.

2nd mission is hold the line and push back the grineer, introduction of Caz Thrac and Elysia Rose.

Intermission might be the Callisto FOB, and Elysia revealing her position in the Arcas Plaza

I'm thinking the 3rd might be save a diplomat or escort a convoy of civilians, of which we'd be introduced to another NPC, most likely of the Callisto High Council.

4th I have no idea yet.

But I'm open to suggestions and thoughts!

loool XD

Djinn *in ominous Phorid's voice* "I'll poison them through the wall. they do not even realize what was killed them..."

Carrier - jokes about what "sucking" is a good doing

@HappyApathy

hm, mb separate post for Sentinels additions ideas here? Sentinels are the Allies of the Tenno too in some meaning... but... oh, this is why I questioning about it

Lol, love the Djinn line!

did you heard about Dan Abnett? (btw it was complement :) )

wouldn't you mind if I'll try to rework your quest in some script-like with some additions mb?

Oh not at all! See what you can moc up and change! 

Dan Abnett..can't say that I have, sorry. But thank you, I will take that as a complement.

Haha, I would think this would be interesting. People who dislike Ordis...sorry people. Plus it would make the witty banter interesting, as the Mad Cephalon might say something rude, and the Tenno would gesture to apologize.

I like the idea of speaking Sentinels though. They don't have to have their own dialogue boxes in missions, just them yelling out things during battle. Each Sentinel with it's own unique voice, it would be interesting.

I'd imagine the Dethcube would be more gun-ho and militaristic in his responses.

"Blast them! Blast them all! INTO THE FRAY, OPERATOR! TO VICTORY!"

Shade would be a bit more stoic with her words, concise but with meaning.

"Keep to the shadows, Operator, it's safer there."

And of course! How could I forget the Lotus! She could have lines, maybe sending transmissions to Elysia herself once the Tenno come into contact with the Arcas Plaza HUB. Or coordinating efforts with Caz in the Callisto Forward Operations Base too.

Hey, you forgot Helios :,(

Who i imagin would talk in a cold, robotic voice like:

* Target terminated (killing an enemy)

* Threat detected  (large platoon/swarm approaching or maybe a heavy unit/assassin)

* Systems critical (Helios near death)

* Operator health critical. Seek medical assistance immediately (Tenno near death)

Or maybe just calculating, minus the robot voice, idk your decision,

Am I the only one who's bothered by possibility of mind-wiped crewmen becoming "disillusioned"? They are kind of totally indoctrinated.

Also, seeing how corpus have to use same tech as vor used to try mind-controlling Tenno, think they only have access to technology that makes all of their robotics completely sentient?

Am I the only one who's bothered by possibility of mind-wiped crewmen becoming "disillusioned"? They are kind of totally indoctrinated.

Also, seeing how corpus have to use same tech as vor used to try mind-controlling Tenno, think they only have access to technology that makes all of their robotics completely sentient?

bit of language wall but I'll try to type what I think 'bout it :)

Corpus is a Merchant Cult, with all "Cultist" consequences :)

We know what Corpus robotics are proxies, so they should be controlled by operators. thought developed in Zanuca Labs "robotics" may be sentient, but this may be not so.

Corpus and Vor use same one mind-control tech - ... rly?o_0  

again sorry if I sad smthng inappropriate - mb I just didn't get an idea of this post

The Callisto Quest paint a Mass Effect scenario in my mind.

Allso makes me imagine this as a comic or anime.

Allso would love to play this as a adventure game.

Someone with mad coding skills?

Any thoughts on improvements or changes? What's good so far and what's a bit off or needs to be removed/moved?

And yeah, I was going for the apocalyptic feel of Mass Effect. I wanted to emphasize that the Grineer are there to end Callisto, not enslave it.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

bit of language wall but I'll try to type what I think 'bout it :)

Corpus is a Merchant Cult, with all "Cultist" consequences :)

We know what Corpus robotics are proxies, so they should be controlled by operators. thought developed in Zanuca Labs "robotics" may be sentient, but this may be not so.

Corpus and Vor use same one mind-control tech - ... rly?o_0  

again sorry if I sad smthng inappropriate - mb I just didn't get an idea of this post

Well, we know that corpus crewmen go through the "indoctrination temples" that wipe their minds to serve corpus, at least it used to be the case in official lore. 

And yeah, I know they are 'proxies', but in the prologue quest Darvo mentions that corpus "use same kind of technology to keep their robotics in line", hence I assume the situation is similar to that of AM in wh40k - they get fully-fledged AI because Orokin designed it that way, then slap on limiters onto that AI thinking it's acting out of line and add some operators above that.

Also, it would be a feat to tell something inapropriate to me, so relax.

Edited by GTG3000

I think i get what you're thinking of! It feels more cinematic than interactive?

Not sure if this was mentioned in OP's post(since brick wall of text), but assuming some of those designs and Ideas come to fruition it would be nice doing an invasion for the red veil, defending an outpost for them from say corpus or grineer. Or even a quest chain like so.

I think i get what you're thinking of! It feels more cinematic than interactive?

yup. + "tl;dr" factor. + I have an empathy to game's devs and want to make stuff more "comfortable" for reworking to TDS if they would interested in this stuff. 

I've PMed you with script-like version.

once again for lore-lovers: I don't think this stuff bad or in wrong form. I think it is good. I just want to see alternative forms too, designed more like technical specification. Literature part is important, especial good literature part, but I want make this stuff more handy from technical point of view for quest designers or programmers or other "working-horses" like me. there is a lot of work between creative part and realization part, I am closer to "realization" stuff. 

Edited by emaralez87

Humm humm. Proxies both human and digital. Big topic. Biiiig topic.

I mean the very name suggest a bridge to act as a replacement of a npc. But a robot proxy can allso mean a server ai uses a proxy as a face to others.

This is basically what we do everyday of our lives.

I am having a hard time believing a 1-1 ratio of moa and operator. What would be the point?

They use atomatons too, so maby proxies are *human * proxy, or something we have yet to see.

To be honest, I disslike the name Proxy War. It tells me nothing.

Show me a moa talking or a vip crewman npc, then lets talk some more.

yup. + "tl;dr" factor. + I have an empathy to game's devs and want to make stuff more "comfortable" for reworking to TDS if they would interested in this stuff. 

I've PMed you with script-like version.

once again for lore-lovers: I don't think this stuff bad or in wrong form. I think it is good. I just want to see alternative forms too, designed more like technical specification. Literature part is important, especial good literature part, but I want make this stuff more handy from technical point of view for quest designers or programmers or other "working-horses" like me. there is a lot of work between creative part and realization part, I am closer to "realization" stuff. 

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad, just pointing out the existing lore. I still have to read through most of it.

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad, just pointing out the existing lore. I still have to read through most of it.

I didn't mean you or your post :) your point was absolutely adequate :)

sry seems here was another brick of my language wall XD

I ment some lore-lovers in meaning "logophiles" - some ones who love words. you know, who think what fanfiction-like lore telling is a ultimate thing and all what does not have "high-literature" form (eg my TDS-like stuff) are wrong.

that spoiler was for people who would like to "protect" AlphaHorseman from my "bad influence" :D

Edited by emaralez87