Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allies Of The Tenno (Putting This On Hold For Now) [Update 10/17]

HappyApathy

Hey guysies.

I promised some Zhon action and here it is.

I gave him a mix of western and Japanese styles. I also spent a bit more time on this one. Just wanted to make something a little more finished for this forum.

Any critiques or thoughts on how he should look are welcome! 

10661674_771787446201549_752436404111866

Edited by Goatasty

Well well! Very nice work.

Thats a new take on the artdirection, and could fit, given the east influenses.

Of the three I think 1 is most corpus and 3 is most converted/replaced.

2 looks rebel, and all three look like a badass hero in s FPS sci-fi shooter.

As for faces maby 2 suits me the best.

You got some serious talent there.

Edit: I realize why I like this so much; it reminds me of the concept art for Destiny both in compisition and color pallet/brush technique.

Are you by any chance working professionally?

Edited by arch111

Hey guysies.

I promised some Zhon action and here it is.

I gave him a mix of western and Japanese styles. I also spent a bit more time on this one. Just wanted to make something a little more finished for this forum.

Any critiques or thoughts on how he should look are welcome! 

10661674_771787446201549_752436404111866

Your art, as always, is top notch, love these concepts.

In terms of face I would go for the 2nd one, I've always imagined Zhon as a Caucasian (I was actually thinking about reworking Cantis to be of Asian ethnicity), his name is meant to be a Corpus spin on the name 'John'. You could cut back on the hair a bit on top of his head but that's up to you. He may also need some face tattoos/markings like other Corpus, though nothing excessive.

I'm split between the first and second suit design, I really like elements of both of them but I must admit the first one does look more Corpus (I think it's the neck collar and color scheme), but I like the arm couplings and boots on the second, though I don't think the split-toe design for the feet fits, prefer it were a solid piece like actual Crewmen like in the first suit idea. I would also like to point out that while the gear and weapons you gave him look awesome, keep in mind the Corpus are an energy weapon based faction and don't really use bullet weapons.

If you do revise his concept one thing I would like is to emphasize the Vandal theme more, maybe giving a bluish tint to the metallic bits of his suit like what is done with Vandal weaponry, by the way ignore what it says about Tenno and the Lotus on the wiki page there, the page for Wraith weapons use to say the same thing until the introduction of the Red Veil, much of what we know about Warframe is ambiguous, ill-defined, or still subject to change so this could easily be changed in the future.

I'll post this in the OP soon when I get the chance.

Edited by HappyApathy

Well well! Very nice work.

Thats a new take on the artdirection, and could fit, given the east influenses.

Of the three I think 1 is most corpus and 3 is most converted/replaced.

2 looks rebel, and all three look like a badass hero in s FPS sci-fi shooter.

As for faces maby 2 suits me the best.

You got some serious talent there.

Edit: I realize why I like this so much; it reminds me of the concept art for Destiny both in compisition and color pallet/brush technique.

Are you by any chance working professionally?

Hey guys! thanks for the tips and encouragement! And stoked we got to see this on primetime!

arch111, I do very much admire the artists who worked on destiny and so my work is influenced by them a bit.

I am not working professionally at the moment. But I would love to work as a freelance artist. I'm aiming to do it in the next few months. Just tryna get good enough to be noticed.

How can i help you with this concept?

If you have any suggestions or thoughts for a part of this concept I am all ears.

Unfortunately classes are starting to take up a significant part of my time now and I'm having trouble finding time to expand on the written parts of this concept, I've been spending the time I do have mainly directing or replying to other people who are helping out on this. If I had more time to write out more of the concept I may have more material I would be looking for feedback on.

Weird.

I am unsure where this can be used, so I just go ahead and ask you guys.

I really wanted to add diversity and fashion to the people inhabiting the solar system.

Sinse hair 1.0 is yet to be to be RevealeD, I assume everyone us bald.

How to solve this? Implants and weird hats FTW!

Tell me what you think.sketch1408315106124_by_gaber111-d7vl1w0.

weird

Weird.weird

Lol. The things my mind creates sometimes are like that.

Seriously though, we know nothing of future fashion exept Darvo, Lotus and that alotvof people wear space-pyjamas.

This was an attempt of getting ideas going.

An as for weird how bout,

queen_amidala_by_charliedonkinart-d5385j

Queen%20Amidala.jpg

tumblr_inline_mpszm9UjBA1qz4rgp.jpg

Star Wars? Haha. Oh, Apathy, did you need any more help with the stories I gave you? I could edit if you need it, or start up on other things if you're trying to fill out other items.

You (or anyone else) could help by looking into some of the ideas for Friendly Hubs, I've only made the one for the Vandal HQ so you can use that as an example:

Vandals

Nightclub

An illegal underground gathering of musicians and artists against the Corpus in a sort of rave party. People have been asking for something like a bar for the Tenno so I thought something like this could fit.

Ghosts

Colony Ruins

The ruins of an old colony long ago abandoned after the Grineer invasion. Used as a base by the Ghosts to strike out against the Grineer, they make sure to hide their presence from the Grineer.

Independent Asteroid Colony

A regular colony with Red Veil sympathies.

Tribes of Phobos

Canyon Grotto

When you play a mission on Phobos you see dwellings that have been carved into the canyon walls everywhere, imagine them without all that Grineer junk built into them and what the people who lived in them would be like. I always imagine that you would visit during the dusk or night hours. Wood is at a premium so I would think they would use something like gas burners or some sort of other futuristic energy source for heating.

Free Colony of Callisto

Callistean FOB

A Callistean military outpost established near the front lines, the chaos and thunder of battle serves as the backdrop for the encampment as Callisto's military plans its next move against the Grineer. I would love it if every so often the screen would rock violently as a nearby planetary defense cannon fires a salvo.

Callistean Plaza

A town square that is still picking itself up after a recent battle. Civilians mill about with a mixed sense of shock, despair, and defiance as they sift through the debris of their shattered homes.

---------------------------

On another note I've got an artist working on a concept for Lyza Tal so I'm going to be looking into editing her story next when I get the chance.